HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015 | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite USH HHN Year?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Pre-2006

• Total voters
The Michael Cera impaling/ lamppost has yet to arrive. Huge props to Murdy and Chris though for staying up extra late several nights just to get this done on time. Hard work pays off. 

I had to keep skipping thru the Jabbawockeez video. That fact combined with what I noticed during it pretty much surmises what I thought it would be: totally, 100% not for me personally (so so boring) but generic and totally inoffensive compared to Bill and Ted and very likely playing well to HHN's target Los Angeles young demographic. I wonder if they'll just hire a new Jabbawockeez crew as this one will be at the MGM in Vegas next year. 

Anyways, my twitter and facebook are all abuzz about how strong the actual mazes are this year, crazily so. I budgeted the trip and it's possible to go on Oct 15th providing I do some major overtime at my job. Am I an idiot or a never-satisified theme park dork? ...probably both.

Reactions: Stylowtrix
I'll be there on Saturday. I'm super pleased to be hearing all these overwhelmingly great reviews!

One thing the employee preview didn't show us, however, is how they'll be handling massive crowds this year. The preview did get a great reception, but crowd control is really going to be put to the test again. Let's hope Jabbawockeez eats up some crowds.

Reactions: BernardMesa
^ Danny McBride and Jonah Hill have as well which is what I referred to a few months back as Jonah already completing his part in the maze. However some of the footage is recycled from the movie. 
The clip seen in that Instagram photo is from the film. Very cool that the cast was involved with extra filming bits though. 

I am extremely excited about attending this year. I'm hearing nothing but great things! 

Reactions: chris.g
Hey guys i'm new here but I have a question. This isn't my first time at horror nights, but my friends and I were planning on going a Sunday night. Does anyone have a guess of what the crowds would be like? We would be going October 4th, if that helps.

Hey guys i'm new here but I have a question. This isn't my first time at horror nights, but my friends and I were planning on going a Sunday night. Does anyone have a guess of what the crowds would be like? We would be going October 4th, if that helps.
Sunday nights had pretty manageable crowds last year. I was able to do most mazes at a slower pace. 

I'm also going on Oct 4 (Sun) with a FOL and I want to do each maze twice... what is my best strategy? I'm also planning on doing the opening scaremonies

I'm also going on Oct 4 (Sun) with a FOL and I want to do each maze twice... what is my best strategy? I'm also planning on doing the opening scaremonies
Here's what I would do:

Arrive at the gates no later than 6:15 (FOL has a special priority entrance to the park, which puts them in the very front for the Opening Scare-a-mony...at least it did last year). 

Go down to the lower lot and go to Insidious first, then Walking Dead, then This is the End 3D. Since you're seeing the Opening Scare-a-mony, the early entry people will have an advantage over you. That being said, the lines at that point might be 20-30 mins. If the wait times for any of those 3 mazes are longer than 40 mins, I would use your FOL and come back later for stand-by. Otherwise, wait in the stand-by line and use your FOL later.

After that, head to the backlot and hit AVP, then Crimson Peak. Again, if the wait is over 40 mins, use your FOL and come back later to wait in stand-by. Then head to the Upper Lot.

Once you're in the Upper Lot, go to Halloween (again, use FOL if over 40 mins). Then go to the Terror Tram (shouldn't be longer than a 15 min wait at this point). For Terror Tram, keep in mind that it closes at 11:15 on Sundays. Then, if you're interested, go see Jabbawockeez. Because you have FOL, you have priority seating. However, I would still recommend arriving at least 20 mins early for it, since it will probably fill up very quickly. 

After that, I would go around and repeat any mazes/attractions you choose to do again. I would keep hhnwaittimes.com open on your phone for reference throughout the night. That way you'll know where to go next. 

Chainsaw Chaseout starts at 1:30am, and the park closes at 2am.

Hope that helps! Have an awesome time!

If you don't have FOL and are going any other day I'd recommend more or less of the same plan as well as early entry to enjoy the best experience. Here's what I'd suggest if you plan to use early entry and go your own pace: The Walking Dead -> Insidious -> This is the End -> AvP -> Crimson Peak -> Terror Tram -> Jabawockeez -> Halloween

Here's what I would do:

Arrive at the gates no later than 6:15 (FOL has a special priority entrance to the park, which puts them in the very front for the Opening Scare-a-mony...at least it did last year).

Go down to the lower lot and go to Insidious first, then Walking Dead, then This is the End 3D. Since you're seeing the Opening Scare-a-mony, the early entry people will have an advantage over you. That being said, the lines at that point might be 20-30 mins. If the wait times for any of those 3 mazes are longer than 40 mins, I would use your FOL and come back later for stand-by. Otherwise, wait in the stand-by line and use your FOL later.

After that, head to the backlot and hit AVP, then Crimson Peak. Again, if the wait is over 40 mins, use your FOL and come back later to wait in stand-by. Then head to the Upper Lot.

Once you're in the Upper Lot, go to Halloween (again, use FOL if over 40 mins). Then go to the Terror Tram (shouldn't be longer than a 15 min wait at this point). For Terror Tram, keep in mind that it closes at 11:15 on Sundays. Then, if you're interested, go see Jabbawockeez. Because you have FOL, you have priority seating. However, I would still recommend arriving at least 20 mins early for it, since it will probably fill up very quickly.

After that, I would go around and repeat any mazes/attractions you choose to do again. I would keep hhnwaittimes.com open on your phone for reference throughout the night. That way you'll know where to go next.

thank you so much! this will definitely help
Here's what I would do:

thank you so much! this will definitely help

Yeah, the number one advice about HHN is to have a game plan. You will catch yourself at a loss if you don't have a strategy. It sucks, but well... that's the event.

The best advice to ask yourself is, "Do I care about The Walking Dead?" 

If the answer is yes, then absolutely hit that maze first, no questions asked.

If no... then I would recommend skipping the lower lot and hitting a tram towards the Metro Sets. This is the best way to do HHN, trudge forward and work your way back. You will inevitably be going against the crowd flow. It's what I did last year on a Thursday with my sister and it worked like a charm. 

The only hitch would be TWD, which you'll most likely have to do once with FoL and then try back later to see if the line cools down. But that aside, this should easily get you thru each maze twice.

And of course: BE EARLY. As early as possible.

Reactions: deadbydawn
Yeah, the number one advice about HHN is to have a game plan. You will catch yourself at a loss if you don't have a strategy. It sucks, but well... that's the event.

The best advice to ask yourself is, "Do I care about The Walking Dead?" 

If the answer is yes, then absolutely hit that maze first, no questions asked.

If no... then I would recommend skipping the lower lot and hitting a tram towards the Metro Sets. This is the best way to do HHN, trudge forward and work your way back. You will inevitably be going against the crowd flow. It's what I did last year on a Thursday with my sister and it worked like a charm. 

The only hitch would be TWD, which you'll most likely have to do once with FoL and then try back later to see if the line cools down. But that aside, this should easily get you thru each maze twice.

And of course: BE EARLY. As early as possible.
Bingo. 

I remember the first time I attended Horror Nights. It was completely horrific due to lack of planning. Getting there early is key. Even if you live close to Universal Studios, the earlier the better. 

This is my game plan as well. I normally hit the Metro Sets first and work my way back up to the Upper Lot. It works great. One year I was even able to do the Terror Tram first, followed by Metro Sets > Lower Lot > Upper Lot, and then the Terror Tram again using the Front of Line pass.

CPOKPdVWIAAWxuJ.jpg

Here is the official HHN2015 Map.

Reactions: Bonkers and chris.g
Let that rumor mill start turning for next year. Just ran into a friend who spoke to James Wan and *supposedly* The Conjuring has been in the talks for some time now and next year may finally be the year it is executed, but as any rumor goes, take this with a grain of salt. 

Last edited by a moderator: