HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015 | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite USH HHN Year?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Pre-2006

• Total voters
I have one more question... if I want to be in the front of the scaremonies like I am every year I've been going... what time should I get there because I heard that people started lining up early because of the new early entry

FvJ, Krampus, Trick r Treat, AHS, TWD, Conjuring (possibly), and TCM (possibly due to the prequel) are my predictions. With Purge returning for Terror Tram.

Last edited by a moderator:
FvJ, Krampus, Trick r Treat, AHS, TWD, Conjuring (possibly), and TCM (possibly due to the prequel) are my predictions. With Purge returning for Terror Tram.
Take out AHS and replace TCM with another IP and you might be going somewhere. TCM as it stands is very unlikely unless they have the film ready by Halloween, which theres no release date even for the film yet so we have to keep that in mind. And AHS...It will NEVER Happen. Its a copyright issue and its very much like Scream to where the IP Holder might be problematic; I mean look at what happened with Scream at Orlando.

Reactions: chris.g
From just a video perspective, I have some thoughts on the six houses..without spoilers of-course.

This Is The End - 3D: It looks phomenonal. It took the elements from the film that were great and had it done well. The Emma scene as William pointed is rather awesome. But I was surprised that they had ANY of the language (I should of assumed that right from the get-go) and that there was a great mix of the 3D. The Ending though is what takes the cake and without spoiling it, its one hell of a trip.

Crimson Peak: I agree with everyone, it is one of the best detailed houses in Horror Nights history. This looks incredible from the set design to even some of the scares.

Halloween: ...I'll give credit that it looks to be the best house in the venue to date but that's not saying much. It has the best iteration of the Mask, and has a great beginning and ending (which..i will say that i'm surprised that they used the old Fear Factor Live Recruitment building) but that being said, it seems really short.

Insidious: Out of any second time for a IP to come to a Event, this looks to be INCREDIBLE. It has been upgraded to eleven and the scenes have some great moments, that I'm happy that its here and is in a great condition.

TWD: (Insert Generic Hate TWD Rant here) I hate this house, even from a perspective from far away. Even though I do hope its the last year (Hell; even ORLANDO is making fun of it now, and the fact that it decreased greatly from the past few years for Hollywoods case) but its money. And money really does talk so its probably coming back as FTWD.

AVP: Looks the same as last year but is great for those who didn't go through last year. But its something if I would go, i'd probably skip.

In my thoughts, It seems to be a solid year with two duds in a way (TWD and AVP).

I'm flirting with the idea of going, but I won't know for sure until after my Orlando trip ends at the beginning of October. So for now, I'll be sitting out on videos.

Reactions: Alexshow.
For anyone who did early entry (or anyone who does it this or next weekend), which maze's line filled up the quickest?  And how were the wait times overall for the mazes throughout the night?  Looks like I'll be going on 10/4 this year.  For the first time since 2009 I'll only be doing a regular ticket and not FOL, mainly due to the fact that I want to save the extra money to try a trip to USJ HHN in late October when I'm in Tokyo.  So I'm trying to plan what to hit first to minimize wait times at the beginning of the event.

Trying really hard not to see any videos or spoilers before my trip.. Gave in on Terror Tram since it's basically a giant scare zone. Still need to set a date. But I just want to know does Gangnam style play at all in tite?

Trying really hard not to see any videos or spoilers before my trip.. Gave in on Terror Tram since it's basically a giant scare zone. Still need to set a date. But I just want to know does Gangnam style play at all in tite?
Gangnam Style from what it seems doesn't play at all. Could be wrong though and it could be in the line.

For anyone who did early entry (or anyone who does it this or next weekend), which maze's line filled up the quickest?  And how were the wait times overall for the mazes throughout the night?  Looks like I'll be going on 10/4 this year.
Well...last night on w whim, I went to opening night. Which also meant FOL was not available. I went in with a plan and, thanks to these forums, it worked like a charm...

Early entry is a MUST!!!!!

Arrived at 4:30...ready to go in.

Gates opened about 5:15...go to the right and get your wristband and head down to the lower lot.

This was something I didn't know...yes it's early entry, however, mazes don't start till 6:30pm so be prepared. However with your wristband, you get FOL for Transformers, Mummy and JP before the mazes open so use them!

They opened the line for Insidious at 6 so I hopped in. This was before I knew mazes weren't opening till 6:30. Waited in line and right at 6:30 went through.

Headed to Walking Dead next...and it already had a 60 minute wait. Decided to go ahead since I was here. It was actually a little longer.

Exited and went right to This is the End...30 minutes.

Exited This is the End and hit up the backlot.

Crimson Peak was at 40 minutes and AVP was at 15.

Tackled the main 5 before 830. Not too bad.

Went back up the Starway and knocked out Terror Tram (15 minutes)...use the line on the right which loads cars 3/4 of the tram. The line on the left is for cars 1/2 which also includes Gate A.

Came out to Halloween with a 30 minute wait but lower lot times were high (TWD was at 110).

So all of that knocked out before 11pm including have dinner at the Taco Man truck. I did not do JW since I'll be going back later in the month with FOL.

Having gone now, I'd change up my order a little bit because of the crowds.

I would actually hit Walking Dead first...right across into This is the End which exits right to Insidious. Then continue from there.

So yes it's doable but as everyone has said...you MUST have a plan!!!! And use Early entry!!!!!

Reactions: chris.g
Starting my trip early today by arriving at CityWalk at about 1:30 PM. Gonna have to kill some time by taking advantage of CityWalk's offerings while my group waits for Early Entry, so let's see how I hold up over the next 16 hours..!

For anyone who did early entry (or anyone who does it this or next weekend), which maze's line filled up the quickest?
The Walking Dead and Insidious are the mazes that will be open during Early Entry this year. Looking at the wait times from last night, I would suggest knocking out TWD first as it had the longest waits of the night. After that, you can do Insidious and This Is The End, then do the Backlot mazes and work your way back to the Upper Lot.

I enjoyed This is The End a lot more than I thought I would. Making the tent bigger for The Walking Dead does nothing for the maze itself just allows bigger sets. It still takes 3-4 minutes to walk through which is a bummer. So in order from best to worst here's my short list.

This is the End

Crimson Peak

Insidious

Terror Tram (The Purge is a great fit for it)

Halloween (Best Parisian Courtyard maze to date)

Walking Dead (It's not bad, but the Walking Dead has lost it's luster to me)

But this year is insanely solid, I didn't walk away hating anything. Jabowockeez is a lot of fun as well. People were buzzing about the show throughout the park. Compared to last year, I also noticed the lines were slightly shorter than before thanks to having a quality show once again. Now we just need to do something in the waterworld arena.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not get what John Murdy meant when he was talking about practical effects being used for the Terror Tram video this year on Twitter? That video has absolutely no gore as far as I saw on YouTube.

I do not get what John Murdy meant when he was talking about practical effects being used for the Terror Tram video this year on Twitter? That video has absolutely no gore as far as I saw on YouTube.
It'd probably be for more the Line videos before you HOP on the trams. They need to have something there too for people not to be bored out of their thick skull.