HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015 | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite USH HHN Year?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Pre-2006

• Total voters
Phew. So I think I may have finally recovered. I'm gonna apologize in advance for this incredibly lengthy post.

Yesterday was an absolute blast. My group got to CityWalk early, so we decided to watch The Visit while we waited for Early Entry to start. Weird movie, but great maze material..!

Anyway, as for the event itself, I had a great time. While the more popular mazes did end up reaching 2-hour waits at some points, I was still able to follow the plan  of navigating the park in reverse. The Walking Dead was first, and it was actually genuinely scary. I didn't notice that it was much longer than any of the other mazes, but it was certainly longer than last year's TWD maze, and there were some great scare actors in there. Some parts of the maze were incredibly dark, which wasn't my cup of tea, but I still enjoyed it.

Insidious was also fantastic, and it tied all three movies in perfectly. There were some fantastic effects in that maze, but I won't spoil them. I don't think I had a single gripe with this maze. The sets, characters, and scenes were all amazing. 

Next, we did This Is The End. This was probably my least favorite maze of the event. The scenes just didn't flow well together, and I walked out feeling like they could've done more with it. While there were a few good spooks here and there, it wasn't very scary for the most part. I think I'm mostly glad that Emma Watson came at me with an axe yelling, "I'm not f*cking around."

We hit the Metro sets after that, and started off with Crimson Peak. Awesome maze. The sets were impeccable, and unlike past movie tie-in mazes, I wasn't utterly confused as I walked through. You're practically following the story as you enter each room, and you can tell just how closely they worked on this maze with Guillermo del Toro.

After that was AVP. I wasn't super excited for this maze considering it's essentially a carbon copy of last year's rendition, but I was pleasantly surprised by a few new additions and a seemingly improved set of performances put on by this year's scare actors. 

Next, we did Terror Tram. Err, the Purge Party. This isn't something to write home about, but I think the concept for this year's Terror Tram was decent. I didn't find it to be that scary, and the flow was a bit of a mess at times (as it is every year), but I think there were some pretty cool scenes here and there. 

Lastly, Halloween. This maze, along with TWD, harbored the longest waits of the night. My group nearly skipped it this year after seeing the sign that read, "Wait time: 120 mins", but we decided to come back after checking out some scare zones. Our wait time easily dropped by doing so. This very well may have been my favorite maze this year. It was brilliantly terrifying, and made great use of the Parisian Courtyard venue. I only had one complaint about the maze, regarding a certain scene that was discussed by Murdy at ScareLA, but I was thrilled aside from that.

In retrospect, I think this may be one of the best years of the event yet. I loved nearly every maze, and I even got a good scare out of my least favorites. I think the addition of the Jabbawockeez show definitely helped with some wait times over the course of the night, as well. If you haven't purchased your tickets yet, do it now! This isn't a year you want to miss.

So with this being my very first time ever going to HHN and never seeing any of the mazes, which order would you recommend me doing them in?  I will have FOL.  Also can someone explain the early entry a little more to me?  I thought I read somewhere that if you spent the day in the park during the day that you would have earlier access than those that are just coming to the HHN.  That this would also get you to a couple of the mazes before they let the rest of the people in.  Is this correct?

So with this being my very first time ever going to HHN and never seeing any of the mazes, which order would you recommend me doing them in?  I will have FOL.  Also can someone explain the early entry a little more to me?  I thought I read somewhere that if you spent the day in the park during the day that you would have earlier access than those that are just coming to the HHN.  That this would also get you to a couple of the mazes before they let the rest of the people in.  Is this correct?

Early entry is for everyone that shows up from 5-6:15 at the main gate. You don't have to be a daytime park guest to take advantage of it, anyone with an HHN ticket can get in. And since you have FOL, you should be set for doing all the mazes at least once. Especially if you are doing early entry. 

Reactions: William
Glad to hear that early entry is for everyone.  If I am already spending the day in the park, can I get my wristband during the day without waiting in the line for people that are coming in at 5:00?  Or do I need to make sure I get in line around 4:15ish to get it?

Glad to hear that early entry is for everyone.  If I am already spending the day in the park, can I get my wristband during the day without waiting in the line for people that are coming in at 5:00?  Or do I need to make sure I get in line around 4:15ish to get it?
I believe they start handing them out at 5:00. If I am wrong, hopefully someone can correct me. However I do know that Early Entry this year has been crazy popular. So above all, make sure you give yourself enough time to get there and get in line. 

Although Crimson Peak was hands down one of the best dressed mazes this year and one of my favorites... I just wish there was a little more thought into how to make all the beautiful details they put into those characters pop out. I just felt the strobe crash flash didn't do it justice and i know I'm just knit picking a beautifully put together maze here but i just felt maybe red lighting underneath some the of scare actors scare areas would of really brought up a different effect 

Last edited by a moderator:
Although Crimson Peak was hands down one of the best dressed mazes this year and one of my favorites... I just wish there was a little more thought into how to make all the beautiful details they put into those characters pop out. I just felt the strobe crash flash didn't do it justice and i know I'm just knit picking a beautifully put together maze here but i just felt maybe red lighting underneath some the of scare actors scare areas would of really brought up a different effect 
That's HHN for you, and as long as Murdy is in charge that's how the event will be. Not that that's a bad thing. That's just how they do it.

You will need to exit the park and go through the entrance to get your wristband for early entry. I was fine getting in line at 5 and the process wasn't long so I don't think you will need to be out there waiting that long. 

If anyone here is doing Early Entry, I would strongly advise that you get in line for TWD/Insidious as soon as you enter the park. Once you finish the first maze, make it over to your second one quickly. I was one of the first in the general admission line for TWD and even after completing that maze and moving to Insidious soon after, the wait time had already reached 70 minutes.

Above all, have a plan and follow it! You'll need to do this if you want to complete all of the mazes in one night (especially without FOL).

Reactions: BernardMesa
HHN2016 is already in development, with John having talks with Mike Aiello already.
For Sure:

-The Walking Dead

-Krampus (Assuming it does well)

-Freddy Vs. Jason

Very likely

-The Conjuring

Maybe?

-Army of Darkness (One of the good sources at Nightmares [Legacy] said it was possible.)

-Purge again for the third movie?

He mentioned Trick 'r Treat as a *small* possibility assuming that Daughtry would be involved, but Murdy said (and even told me in person) that he wishes to wait until the sequel. The sequel got bumped because of Krampus so I don't see it happening next year.

Resident Evil comes out January 2017 so that may be too late for 2016. It would certainly be a good qualifier for the "creature-heavy" house that HHN likes to do every year (The Thing, AWiL, AVP). 

Other than that, we pretty much know about half the stuff next year.

Aside from that, I'm going for the first time this Friday! Really stoked! Hoping to be back Sunday as well.

Hey do you guys know how to get a disabled pass for HHN?  I have a friend I am going with who has anxiety and gets very nervous in lines.  I'm assuming I'll have to go to guest services when I get there, but is there any form we need to fill out before or anything like that?  I have never gotten a disabled/guest assistance pass before so if any of you have can you pretty much give me the whole run-down?  Thank You!