HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015 | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite USH HHN Year?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Pre-2006

• Total voters
Long time lurker, finally decided to make an account for this forum too. I'm gonna be attending HHN on Saturday the 10th
Welcome to the Forums!

So it seems that Universal has had to get rid of a particular thing in HHN. From what it seems; the Damnnation Army prop has been removed. I don't exactly know which scarezone had it (my guess is Exterminators) but its just..wierd.
It was the old Cargo Truck stationed in Dark Christmas. It had a banner hanging off the side that said "The Damnation Army." Oh USH...

Last edited by a moderator:
So, once again, USH has let a few complainers alter the event.....Chucky, Bill & Ted, now even props are being changed when someone complains.  When will it end?

Well right now it's a rumor stemming from Westcoaster (who is VERY reputable), but we're not sure if the complaint came from the Salvation Army itself (which falls under parody use but granted that could result in a non-BS lawsuit so I'll give them that), or indeed from a guest. (which is... well... yeah)

If it's the latter... shrug. I don't understand why the whiners can't at least find something in TWD that offends/bothers them. If we know that Universal will bend at any second's notice we should at least have some benefit out of it.

Really there's nothing else much to say. We've been sitting through this idiocy year after year. This is why Orlando's event will always reign supreme. I've been reading the Unofficial History of HHN book (written about USF's event), and the writer notes that they get complaints about their billboards every year, and Orlando always shrugs it off. 

Granted, HHN basically saved their park over there, and there's certain a difference with how management sees the event over here. I'm done trying to act too infuriated over this, I already let off most of my steam on Twitter. Suffice to say that while I'm glad Jabbawockeez is a hit with guests and is improving event capacity issues, you can't argue that hiring a dance troupe who wear masks and never speak is indiciative with how spineless USH management is.

Picture it....Halloween Horror Nights....2018....

Required bubble gear for every guest, as well as a complimentary The PC Police number you can dial during the event if you're offended:

bubble_wrap_2.jpg

So my first night at HHN ended up being cut short. I got to enjoy the Halloween and Walking Dead maze though, and it was pretty fun. Definitely cool to see the park transform and alive at night. The scare zones were fun too and enjoyed them more than I thought I would! I'm already planning a return trip so I can enjoy everything completely.

Also I was wondering the other night what HHN will be like once they get Potter open for next year. I'm assuming the whole area would be open?

Reactions: William and chris.g
Also I was wondering the other night what HHN will be like once they get Potter open for next year. I'm assuming the whole area would be open?
Well, not necessarily. It all depends, I guess. Last year was the first year of Halloween Horror Nights in Florida with Potter in the park, and Diagon Alley was inaccessible to guests. This year, they've kept it open under the condition that no scare actors would be roaming the area.

It's possible that they'll do the same for us next year to help crowd control, but it may come down to J.K. Rowling's jurisdiction. Hogsmeade is sort of plopped down right in the middle of the Upper Lot, and the entrance to the land is very wide open compared to Diagon in USF which is tucked away to some extent. I'm not sure if they want thematic elements clashing like that.

So my first night at HHN ended up being cut short. I got to enjoy the Halloween and Walking Dead maze though, and it was pretty fun. Definitely cool to see the park transform and alive at night. The scare zones were fun too and enjoyed them more than I thought I would! I'm already planning a return trip so I can enjoy everything completely.

I'm betting on Potter being open. But, it will be under the condition that it isn't advertised anywhere; except for the event map and wait times. Its the same thing that happened to Orlando this year.

Reactions: chris.g
This years event is as "PG" as it can be. USH wants no one to be offended by anything. And if one person is offended then the offending thing is removed. Even the hip-hop and rap songs in the Jabba show are cleaned up so no one can be "offended".

Looks like they lowered the price of Thursday's (10/8) by $5 to $55 (from $60). Or maybe I'm seeing things?

Is this bad?

We are planning on going that day.

Based on previous experiences, will this mean more people will show up?

And the next couple Thursdays after that are significantly more expensive. Can someone explain all of this to me?

We can  really only go on Thursday's this year, due to work and school.

Thanks.

Looks like they lowered the price of Thursday's (10/8) by $5 to $55 (from $60). Or maybe I'm seeing things?

Is this bad?

We are planning on going that day.

Based on previous experiences, will this mean more people will show up?

And the next couple Thursdays after that are significantly more expensive. Can someone explain all of this to me?

We can  really only go on Thursday's this year, due to work and school.

Thanks.
Typically, the event gets more expensive the closer it gets to Halloween. 

Typically, the event gets more expensive the closer it gets to Halloween. 
Gotcha!

So would you recommend we go this Thursday (10/8) then?

For us, it's not about saving money,but having the best possible experience.

Ideally, the less crowded the better. We went on a weekend a couple years ago and we didn't get to do all the mazes. We were bummed.

So this year, we are doing a Thursday, but trying to figure out which date is the best.

Gotcha!

Ideally, the less crowded the better. We went on a weekend a couple years ago and we didn't get to do all the mazes. We were bummed.

So this year, we are doing a Thursday, but trying to figure out which date is the best.
 It will be busy but will have less teens then a fri or a sat use the early access and do the bottom lot first and work your way back to the top so you can beat the lines that way. unless you get front of the line.

Gotcha!

If you can go this Thursday, I would say do it. There will be some crowds but it will be substantially less than going on a Friday or Saturday. And like you pointed out, October 8th is the cheapest Thursday so you might as well take advantage of that as well. 

You should still have a game plan to ensure that you get to do everything. Early Entry is the way to go!

Reactions: William
So the recommended use for early entry is just to head in and down to the lower lot for those mazes? I'm going again on Friday with a group of friends and i'm the one in charge of planning the night out so i'm seeking some advice to try and make sure we get everything done in one night.

^ Yes. My advice? Do Early Entry. TWD -> Crimson Peak -> AvP -> Terror Tram -> Jabbawockeez (if you're into it) -> This is the End -> Insidious -> Halloween.

I highly suggest eating before the event. 

Reactions: deadbydawn
So you'd suggest going back up for the terror tram & jabbawockeez and then back down for this is the end and insidious?

^ Yes, it's what worked for me. Or you could do this plan: TWD -> Insidious -> This is the End -> Crimson Peak -> AvP -> Terror Tram -> Jabawockeez and finish with Halloween. I'd suggest this one as Insidious does tend to get filled up pretty fast, so it's better to knock it out as one of the earlier mazes. 

^Yeah that sounds like a pretty solid plan. Thank you! I appreciate it, i'm not that experienced when it comes to planning for HHN so thank you for the help!  :D

Reactions: chris.g
So the recommended use for early entry is just to head in and down to the lower lot for those mazes? I'm going again on Friday with a group of friends and i'm the one in charge of planning the night out so i'm seeking some advice to try and make sure we get everything done in one night
Yes use the early entry, and start at the bottom lot and work your way to the top lot. just make sure you hit terror Tram be for 11:45 on Friday and 11:15 On Thurs.