HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015 | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite USH HHN Year?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Pre-2006

• Total voters
I don't want to harp on you personally Allen, so don't take it that way... but man, some people should really think about giving the event a try. I remember when I moved to LA, I was invited to HHN and I am still kicking myself for not going.

I was pushed into it solely due to the fact that I was working there, but I instantly fell in love the second I was introduced personally to the event. It's daunting from an outside perspective, but that's mostly due to what reputations other "haunt" events have... going EXTREME with their scares. In fact, on the way home at the airport a security guard noticed my HHN shirt and decried that it sucked because it's not "extreme" or "scary" and ugh... that misses the point of the event. 

Halloween Horror Nights is first and foremost about taking the idea of horror and embellishing on recreating the grandeur of it. It is like a new themed area but it's especially incredible because it's TEMPORARY. The stuff at HHN in Orlando blew me away... what they can do with paint and lighting is mindblowing. And then you have the atmosphere and details of a house/maze to take in. Now, yes, there are jump scares, but if you display a confidence in your swagger and stay vigilant, you'll learn that you can bypass and take in most scares. I went to nine houses this past Sunday, and probably was actually "scared" five or six times during the entire thing. And man, that event had so many scareactors. You're going to end up getting distracted or have bad timing at least once or twice, but it's worth it because that aside the event is like a party complete with amazing themeing. 

Now, Orlando's was better due to the anniversary nature and the originality of it all. Plus there were two shows, and in general I think with the way the community is, you feel a sense of comradery that USH doesn't seem to have anymore. No offense to Inside Universal itself, but I think we can all agree that in general the event has just become (overall) eye candy houses and some good scares, and that's it. It panders heavily to the LA demo that aren't a bunch of horror/theme park dorks. Still the event is worth trying at least ONCE. 

If you don't like it, by all means I understand that it's not for you, and that's cool. But I think everybody should try it at least once. It really is not as bad as some think it might be.

So apparently it's supposed to rain all day Sunday and that's when I'm going. Anyone know how it works when it's raining? Any changes?

Multiple factors play into me not doing HHN, some which I'm not at liberty to explain, or even reiterate what I've said multiple times before. Try to be more understanding and not make assumptions. I'd like to go...I can't. But I hear ya, I do. Maybe in the future when the stars align.

I know it's great. I longingly look at a lot of pictures and videos of the event. Hard to explain.

I normally don't do well at scary events or mazes, I get startled easily and get anxiety in large tight groups... but i'm going to try HHN this year.

I will give my review after as a person that does not like the gory or shock type of halloween.

I have to say i'm looking forward to going BUT I am very anxious as the last time I went was in 97, and a zombie with metal knee pads jumped at me skidding on the ground with sparks flying from the pads....and he had a chain saw going....because a zombie flying at you with sparks is not enough....he needs a chain saw......

I'm going to wear my ghostbusters shirt to empower me... lol  

Multiple factors play into me not doing HHN, some which I'm not at liberty to explain, or even reiterate what I've said multiple times before. Try to be more understanding and not make assumptions. I'd like to go...I can't. But I hear ya, I do. Maybe in the future when the stars align.

I know it's great. I longingly look at a lot of pictures and videos of the event. Hard to explain.
I understand, which is why I tried to hint that I was using you as a leaping off point. I've seen it way too much in other places, for a lot more simpler (but dumb) reasons.

Hello all! First post. Have tickets to head down to HHN tomorrow night (the 2nd) and I have to be honest i'm pretty excited! It's going to be my first time attending HHN after several years of being on/off towards deciding to actually go for it.

Reactions: William and chris.g
Hello all! First post. Have tickets to head down to HHN tomorrow night (the 2nd) and I have to be honest i'm pretty excited! It's going to be my first time attending HHN after several years of being on/off towards deciding to actually go for it.
My first time attending HHN was in 2013. And we've made it a tradition to go every year since. I hate horror films honestly. But I LOVE HHN. Weird right? It's so fun. So much energy in the park! 

You will love it!

Welcome to the forums!

I'm sure you'll have a great time. Be sure to let us know your thoughts on the event afterward!

How do y'all think the rain on Sunday will affect the crowds for Thursday/Friday? We are planning on either going on Thursday (10/8) or Saturday (10/10).

What do you think?

Suggestions please.

This Thursday; the highest wait time is about 70 minutes and I believe that was for either Insidious or Halloween. If you do Thursday; you'll be able to go through a few of them. but keep in mind that it might change over the next few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it seems that Universal has had to get rid of a particular thing in HHN. From what it seems; the Damnnation Army prop has been removed. I don't exactly know which scarezone had it (my guess is Exterminators) but its just..wierd.