HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015 | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite USH HHN Year?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Pre-2006

• Total voters
Get to Citywalk around 2 or 3. Early Entry begins at 5 but guests line up at least an hour before. Early Entry is to the far right of the Archway. They give you a wristband and you can roam around the park for an hour and do the normal attractions/shows or you can line up for the Mazes which open at 6 for Guests doing Early Entry. Although I would recommend immediately making your way to line up for TWD (this has pulled in the biggest wait times so far).  

I took this approach and got everything done around 10. 

1. The Walking Dead

2. Insidious

After these two I made my way to the Backlot. 

3.Crimson Peak (For whatever reason TMs decide to let huge amounts of people in this maze. Hit it early if you want the most effective experience possible)

4. AVP (Same as last year but with like 3 additional Scareactors and lots of fog)

Took the tram back to the Lower-Lot area

5. This Is The End (Not worth more than a 30 minute wait to be honest) 

Head back to the Upper-Lot

6.Terror Tram 

7. Halloween 

Get to Citywalk around 2 or 3. Early Entry begins at 5 but guests line up at least an hour before. Early Entry is to the far right of the Archway. They give you a wristband and you can roam around the park for an hour and do the normal attractions/shows or you can line up for the Mazes which open at 6 for Guests doing Early Entry. Although I would recommend immediately making your way to line up for TWD (this has pulled in the biggest wait times so far).  

I took this approach and got everything done around 10. 

1. The Walking Dead

2. Insidious

After these two I made my way to the Backlot. 

3.Crimson Peak (For whatever reason TMs decide to let huge amounts of people in this maze. Hit it early if you want the most effective experience possible)

4. AVP (Same as last year but with like 3 additional Scareactors and lots of fog)

Took the tram back to the Lower-Lot area

5. This Is The End (Not worth more than a 30 minute wait to be honest) 

Head back to the Upper-Lot

6.Terror Tram 

7. Halloween
This is awesome! Thanks so much.

One thing. This weekend they started adding FAF to TT and people are saying the lines are super long now. Like abnormally longer then without FAF.

Given this factor. Do you recomend I still hold off on TT 'til the end?

Thanks.

^ Nope. Terror Tram is a MESS with FAF added to it. They need to remove that. Waited 2 hours for it last night with a group of friends.

Terror Tram takes about 20 minutes of your time. Do that earlier and you risk waiting even longer for the flagship mazes (Insidious, The Walking Dead, Halloween). I usually hold off TT later and if the wait is over an hour I usually skip it. Granted you're going on a Thursday or a Sunday so all of the younger demographic will be gone meaning less crowds. I don't think F&F and TT will last long considering the huge amounts of problems it's causing but who knows. 

thank you! one more quick question... are you still able to get a park map if you do early entry
Yes. You may have to wait until the event officially starts, but you should be able to ask almost any team member for one. The cashiers at the park's gift shops also have them. What I did on both nights is waited until the end of the event, then went to Guest Relations to ask for one so it wouldn't get bent up throughout the night.

Very low crowds Sunday night. Other than Terror Tram all wait times were under 60 minutes and towards the end of the night under 30. JBWKZ filled up fast. People seem to really dig the show.

Good. Well now that I've been to the event a few I guess I could finally share my thoughts on this year's event/ mazes and etc. Here goes. 

The Walking Dead: After what we got last year, I would have definitely said screw this and by pass the maze. I'm glad I didn't. This year's was such a step up to previous years and I absolutely liked it, it was an awesome maze and felt right, the detail was there, the scares were there, everything. I'm glad Murdy finally listened to what the fans didn't like about TWD and saw what he could have fixed about it. I really liked the ending scene too. HOWEVER, I will say that the maze was not that big of a difference in size, and that some of the sets just felt bland to me and didn't immerse me as much as it did before. 8/10, but definitely something worth checking out. 

Crimson Peak: Can HHN Hollywood really pull off a perfect mix of scares, story telling, and immersion all the while trying to promote a new film? Yes, and this is the best example of that. I loved Crimson Peak, the sets were something else and the environment was just beautiful, you can definitely feel Del Toro's presence in this maze. I was scared, I was wowed, I was surprised that this was even handled so well, it's just that good, and probably one of, if not the best maze HHN Hollywood has done for a tie in. Bravo. I hope this isn't the last time Del Toro works with HHN either. 9.5/10 

Alien vs. Predator: What was one of my favorite surprises last year, felt like a huge dud this year. They improved where they could, and the sets were cool, but this was lamer the second time around. The effects are still awesome, but I didn't get scared once as I did last year. Better to by pass this maze if you've already done it. 5/10

Terror Tram - Survive the Purge: Was it bad? No. But was it great? Nope. But it is a ton of fun. The concept is great, and it's definitely something worth checking out but not worth more than 1.5 hours. The sets were awesome, and the scare actors were on their A-game, but at the same time... something was missing. I can't quite put my finger on it but it just was, it kind of just ended and when it did you ask yourself, "That was it?". I doubt it's the last we'll see of the Purge, but it's something they could definitely improve upon these coming weeks. 6/10

This is the End: What I expected to be a surprise hit, was more of an expected miss. I expected something better, something more exciting. Something that actually correlated with the movie, something that could make me think that Murdy didn't play around when it came to out of the box properties. It was executed the wrong way, and had things that absolutely had nothing to do with the movie. HOWEVER, it is definitely this year's "fun" maze, I was laughing a few parts throughout the maze and the Jonah Hill scenes were really cool. But it's not something I want to see back. 6/10 

Insidious: Awesome, in every way, just awesome. It incorporated the best of the first two movies and a bit of the third, but it's not something I'm going to complain about as I really wanted this maze back. It was even better in my opinion this time around, but the Further was not executed as expected. The maze is pretty lengthy and immersive as can be, and definitely got some good scares out of it. One of my personal favorites and I hope it's not the last time we'll see a maze like this at HHN. Fun, scary and immersive. 9/10

Halloween: What else is there to say about a classic that hasn't lost its touch of scaring you sh*t less and still being able to pertain such an amazing scenario? Definitely the year's sleeper hit and the best maze to ever be in the Parisian Courtyard. Michael Myers is everywhere, and finding the way out isn't as easy as you'd expect. My ONLY complaint is that it's just a bit short, however it's environment makes up for it. Bravo for being able to pull this off again. 10/10

Jabbawockeez: I heard this was coming, and I said no way. No way in hell would I like it. I was wrong, I ended up enjoying myself all the way through and even though it's not exactly Halloween-esque, it still manages to be a fun show and finds its way to work a crowd. I danced, I laughed and I was surprised that I ended up enjoying this more than I should. If anything, this is also one of this year's sleeper hits. It was great, but would I take it back for another year? Nah. I'd like to see a B&T style show come back again, but this did the trick this year. 8.5/10 

Not everyone dislikes that though.

I agree. It's good if done right, still need some zones that provide actual scares. I feel like Evils Roots is that one for this year, Psychoscarepy is good but it amuses more than it scares me. I just don't like the one by Disaster, mainly because its so small and cramped that the actors are limited.

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/hollywood/2015/rides.php

314xsvs.png

Reactions: hhnfan1997
Not surprised they changed TT back to the way it was.  Although I'm surprised they didn't try to do it like they did King Kong a few years back, with separate trams.  At least having another popular thing to attend might have taken some more crowds away from the mazes (which are always my priority anyway).

Reactions: Alexshow.
I think they'd have too many trams going around the Backlot if they had Supercharged as a separate attraction. You'd have trams going back and forth to the Metro Sets, trams dropping off and picking up for Terror Tram, and then more trams going back and forth through Supercharged. Too hectic.

Heh well that was fun for a try.

For the record I am not attending USH HHN this year officially now.  :(

I'm recovering from my week-long vacation and I need to start saving. Add in that I really want to go to DL for the holidays prior to the shutdowns (also for SotF), and I have choose between HHN and that. Well, I already did HHN in Orlando and so the decision is starting to solidify.

I will, however, be watching some videos of the mazes this year. I hear TITE is very polarizing so I'm eager to see what I can make from it. However, it's a 3D maze so the illusion will of course be lost. Ah well.

Weird request, but does anyone have video or link to the audio that plays at the facade for Crimson Peak? Thanks!