HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015 | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite USH HHN Year?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Pre-2006

• Total voters
Welp I still haven't gone to HHN this year yet, I'm going the final night... why? I'm working the LA Haunted Hayride at Griffith Park this year (sssssiiiiiiigggghhhh). Was planning on going opening night, but decided against it after hearing about EP..

This is definitely the year for events not being "show ready". Between Hollywood not having things ready for Employee Preview (didn't hear much about opening weekend though), Orlando not having characters/costumes/makeup during its first two weekends.... its crazy. LA Haunted Hayride is suffering the same travesty. We opened this past weekend with unfinished set details, scareactors lacking their costumes, etc.. (so awful). For the most part, I had a blast scaring the crap out of people this past weekend, but I'm afraid to see what things look like tomorrow. Hoping our house has had set details added because there are home haunts that are more impressive (yea, its THAT bad). I was planning on telling you guys to come check it out this year since its only $43 ($59 for VIP/Front of the Line)... buuuuut we'll see after tomorrow/this weekend.

I've been trying to keep up with the reviews/pics/videos for Hollywood, just waiting for the end of this month to go experience this year for myself (skipping Jabbawockeez though... saw the video from EP.. even for a 30min show it looked beyond boring). Curious to see if anything gets changed/pulled by the time I go. The one downside to working any haunt, you don't get the time to experience other haunts.

Reactions: Stylowtrix
is hhn still manageable on a Thursday night without early entry?I would really appreciate if someone could help me out since im going tonight :)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ thanks for the reply :) i was worried that are trip was doomed since we wont be able to make it for early entry haha
You should be able to see everything.

I strongly recommend doing The Walking Dead and Insidious first. You can then head to the Metro Sets to see Crimson Peak and Alien VS Predator. After that, you'll be back at the Lower Lot and you can go through This is the End, then head to the Upper Lot and do the Terror Tram, Jabbawockeez and end the night with Halloween. 

Essentially, the same plan as galindoverhere but I would even say to just do This is the End after the Metro Sets, unless there is no wait while you're down there. That way Crimson Peak and Alien VS Predator are out of the way.

Keep in mind that the Terror Tram line closes at 11:15 on Thursdays as well. 

Reactions: chris.g
Awesome! What plan did you use?
First i did the walking dead.Then i did AVP,crimson peak,insidious,this is the end,Halloween,terror tram,Jabbawockeez(I saw the 11:15 show),the Simpsons ride,mummy,Jurassic park,and finally ended the night with despicable me!

Side note:i honestly wasn't a huge fan of jabbawockeez.It had some okay moments but for the most part It just made me miss bill and ted even more :(

So I finally have some time to write on my latest trip. Pretty much stuck to the plan by galindoverhere. Was able to do everything except for Despicable Me with an hour to spare by the end of the night. Saw a real flip of crowds on the lots around 10-ish when wait times for everything on the lower lot really got long.

When my friends and I first arrived we went straight to the lower lot and knocked off Insidious and The Walking Dead, Insidious with around a 15 minute wait and we walked onto Walking Dead. After that we hit Transformers (my friends hadn't been to Universal in a few years so they wanted to get the rides in too), and then we went to the lower lot to knock off AVP and Crimson Peak, again not really long waits here. About 10 minutes for AVP and 15 for Crimson Peak. I really liked the Purge scare zone when getting off the tram, a lot of fun seeing the people try to avoid the scare actors. This is The End was next on our list, with a 10 minute wait, I enjoyed it, I thought the 3D effects really made it stand out among the other mazes. Next we hit up Revenge of the Mummy with a 20 minute wait, the most I wait for that is 5 minutes but I stuck through it because of my friends lol. Once we got off I noticed how crazy long the lines were getting downstairs, This is the End had gone from 10 minutes to 85 in a short span, TWD was 90 minutes too. I was really glad we were able to beat the crowds.

We went back upstairs and knocked off the Terror Tram, Jabbawockeez and Halloween in that order. We waited 5 minutes for the Terror Tram and Halloween was our longest wait of the night with 40 minutes. I really liked the Terror Tram and the Purge theme, I really enjoyed walking around the sets in the backlot too, a nice change from the normal studio tour. I felt a little underwhelmed with the Jabbawockeez show, I'd heard mostly good things about it but I just felt like it never really got going. It was good but not amazing. Halloween was a great maze, I definitely got most of my scares for the night from this maze.

Overall a really fun experience, glad I was able to get my friends and I through everything except Despicable Me on a Friday of all days. Favorite maze for me is a tie between Halloween and AVP. If I could chose the Terror Tram as a maze I would, but it'd be unfair to compare it to a maze.

I just heard another Nov6/7 rumor. Not open to the public (the reason they're not selling tickets) but HHN will be open for Annual Pass holders. Crazy?

^ If anything, they'll be a very low price. If they're free sign me right up, as most SP holders I know are families anyway who have no interest in the event. They can go three ways I believe = Free, Signing up to attend like for the FF Supercharged previews, or just super discounted prices. 

I sure hope this rumor is true though! I've been dying to go back. 

EDIT: Just got word that Frequent Fear Passholders have Nov. 6/7th as their extra dates, it may just confirm the Season Pass holder deal as well... I'm excited now!  :D

Is it possible to do HHN this year without a front of the line pass? Would you be able to do all the mazes and shows?
Yes, you just need to know how to navigate the park during HHN. A few members including myself have posted their route plans in previous pages to help others have the smoothest experience possible. What day are you planning to go? 

Yes, you just need to know how to navigate the park during HHN. A few members including myself have posted their route plans in previous pages to help others have the smoothest experience possible. What day are you planning to go?
I'm looking at Saturday.

Is it possible to do HHN this year without a front of the line pass? Would you be able to do all the mazes and shows?
A Saturday in the middle of the season might be tough crowd-wise. If you utilize the Early Entry you can probably get it all done, though.

The Walking Dead > Insidious > Alien VS Predator > Crimson Peak > This is the End 3D > Terror Tram > Jabbawockeez > Halloween.

Once again, you can do This is the End after the other two Lower Lot mazes, but that plan seems to be working for most!