Homemade Butterbeer Recipe | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Homemade Butterbeer Recipe

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I made the OU butterbeer recipe and was quite pleased with the outcome. It was difficult being from the UK as a can of cream soda was £2.00 alone and only had one option so it was a gamble but I tried Dad's Cream Soda. I also had to make the butterscotch due to that not being sold in the UK either. But after my second attempt it turned out great and I ended up having three glasses in one day and felt sick after :lol: Here's a picture of the finished product:

427061_10151284157380006_681925005_22398252_430029970_n.jpg

When I tryed the WWoHP Butterbeer for the first time, I siad on the lines that you guys got VERY close to the real thing. You guys needed more butterscotch!!! Anyway, you guys did great! Good Job! :thumbs:

When I tryed the WWoHP Butterbeer for the first time, I siad on the lines that you guys got VERY close to the real thing. You guys needed more butterscotch!!! Anyway, you guys did great! Good Job! :thumbs:

Out of the three the first batch I made one for me and my finace (it was valentines I guess :lol:) and had no butterscotch as couldn't find it and didn't think it was that great. Second batch I added one tablespoon of butterscotch was much better and on third one I added I think 2 tablespoons and it was great!

Butterbeer at home

Picked up some of this stuff this past weekend since Ive heard it tasted just like butter beer and sure enough it does taste pretty darn close, although it has a bit of an awkward after taste IMO. Grabbed it Whole Foods for $5.99 for a 4 pack. Def worth picking up if you want to relive the Harry Potter experience form the comfort of your own home :lol:

Perfect, thanks Briman :thumbs:

Last edited:
Been making it a few times recently and found out how to make my OG recipe better...

I melt a handful of Nestle Butterscotch Chips or so with a double boiler and add it to the foam mixture, make sure you melt it fully or you'll get lumps of the chips. This makes the foam taste literally exactly like the WWOHP version. Once done with that, layer it on top of your base as usual and then finish with a milk frother if you have one (this makes the foam stick to the soda better so you get some of the foam and soda in each sip instead of just one or the other.

Made the recipe even better.

1/4 cup of Heavy Cream
2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of imitation butter extract

Whip to froth consistency and layer on top of cream soda as usual.

Even better than the first two recipes and much simpler.

I'll have to have another go at this soon, haven't tried it in a while. Will let you know the results of your recommendations ralphoutloud!