House of Horrors Replacement | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

House of Horrors Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Um.... who said Cartooniversal was behind walls?... I was at the park earlier today for about 3-4 hours and I can assure you, Cartooniversal was quite operational like the 2nd Deathstar... Fully stocked with merchandise, doors wide open.. :)

I didn't get a pic of it, but I did happen to notice that the Studio Store entrance closest to "NOT HoH" that is behind walls, was decorated for the holidays. So it seems like those walls WILL be coming down in the very near future otherwise, I doubt they'd decorate it.

Interested to see what comes of that space, it's gotta be the oldest building on the upper lot at the current moment and sticks out like a sore thumb to the point of almost being nostalgic. It's one of those last pieces from a time where it was less of a theme park, more of a show/exhibit area connected to the tour attraction.

Anyways, obviously it can't be expanded since next to it is the employee gate and Shrek's emergency exits, so I guess it'll just be another shop, with better themeing. Yay! Just what Universal needs, even more retail. That'll keep all the summer Potter tourists off the streets.  :rolleyes:

Reactions: Allen The Actor
Maybe it could be combined with WaterWorld to make room for an attraction. More than likely I can assume it will be a shop though.

I remember seeing that on their future plans they eventually we're going to put in a new attraction where WW is. Granted that's probably years and years from now.

^I find it quite funny that several years ago, we saw the Evolution plan back then (Forget the original name of the plan) and we were upset that half the backlit was getting removed for condos. Glad that couldn't be any farther from the truth!

Water World seems like a prime location for Nintendo. Especially now that some other ride is rumored to take up the stage 28 plot.

Water World seems like a prime location for Nintendo. Especially now that some other ride is rumored to take up the stage 28 plot.
I think you could also count other areas like the CSI Soundstages as equal probabilitys for this..

I remember seeing that on their future plans they eventually we're going to put in a new attraction where WW is. Granted that's probably years and years from now.
We also had to take into fact that WW got a major re-tooling over last year with Action Horizon (hopefully, didn't botch that) still being a prominent figure in the park with possibly being apart of the SES Overhaul.

Last edited by a moderator:
From Inside Universal's Twitter: 

23227271285_88edf31374_b.jpg

22931463440_9ca28be47c_b.jpg

22931465370_5efcdaf93d_b.jpg

22859323279_539f462a3e_b.jpg

Really impressed on how the front entrance and the rest of the park is turning out. While it may not have as much attractions I think USH as a whole has USF beat theming wise. 

"USH has USF beat theming wise"?... Those are fightin' words Zero56 ;) :p

Anyway, I went up to the park Sunday night for a bit and got a pic of the Studio Store entrance that I mentioned in my previous post above. If you look closely, you can see the interior still seems to be pretty gutted, but what is interesting is that they still decorated this entrance for the holidays even though it is behind walls. Seems kinda pointless unless these walls are going to be coming down very soon.

uOC59CB.jpg

Surprised no one else brought this up earlier, but this is from Screamscape:

According to the Screamscape rumor network, Universal Studios Hollywood may have a special surprise in store that will launch for Halloween Horror Nights 2016, but stick around all year round afterwards. Much like the removed Universal's House of Horrors walk-through, it seems the park is planning on building a replacement walk-through creepy maze attraction that will stay active year-round, but be launched initially as a major new haunt for HHN 2016. 
    I've heard some rumors on what it will be themed to which I'm trying to narrow down, but perhaps the one thing I'm not sure of yet is the location of where they will put it, or even if it will be in the upper or lower lot. Anyone know more?
What do you guys think? Remember those Walking Dead rumors brought up a while back in the thread?