House of Horrors Replacement | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

House of Horrors Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's definitely initially a shocking color scheme but I'm sure all together it'll work.

Another thing is...the facades look brand new and the colors are very saturated and pop. I wonder if a part of the reason for that is so that the colors naturally fade over time to look more "aged". But if that's the case, I wonder why they dont artificially age the facades to begin with?

Also, I find it interesting that the street looks more NY themed than London themed. But they seem to blend very well!

When these two pics popped up in my newsfeed on FB, I was definitely thrown off guard by the look of it. I personally don't care for the new facades, but I'm sure they will look better once they've received their finishing touches, along with lighting & signage. I'm curious to see what the other half of the new façade looks like on the Cartooniversal/Waterworld side of the building.

Anyone else wanting to see this new façade decorated for the holidays?.. I bet it'll look great (.....next year..)

I'm going to guess it won't happen due to the small scale of the windows, but I wish that most of the windows were real/had access for actors, similar to the NY Street apartment characters. Would make for a cute show to have characters in different "buildings" chat and sing and do a little number.

Here are two pics from yesterday (December 3rd)... and as you can see, the walls have been pushed out further into the pathway to Baker Street.

Gy5GPoc.jpg

p5xFQa1.jpg

When I was at the park today, they weren't allowing any guests to pass through this area & had a few more walls up near the cinnabon stand & the corner of NOT-HoH closest to Baker Street. All I have to say is they REEEAAALLLLYYY need to learn how to plan their construction timeframe better and use better time management because Grinchmas starts tomorrow... And this is exactly the type of crap, as a theme park, you tend to want to avoid. Oh well, curious to see this area tomorrow.

Bonus pic from yesterday....

mYQWUhn.jpg

I think when these are finished they're going to look great.  Certainly an improvement from the prior buildings. 

HollywoodDine_120415_1.jpg
HollywoodDine_120415_2.jpg

It does get very crowded here from time to time, they even close it briefly as needed.  I'm assuming this is crunch time to get things completed before Grinchmas crowds descend.  If this obstruction isn't minimized by then I'll be very disappointed. 

HollywoodDine_120415_3.jpg

Interior looks very incomplete compared to exterior.  

HollywoodDine_120415_4.jpg

^ that's an understatement haha! The interior is still a complete empty shell, they've only been working on the general shape inside, as well as getting the facades ready. I think that the "bakers street/NY" side of the facades will be revealed very soon in time for Grinchmas, with the entrance/Hollywood grill side still being worked on. The actual structure won't be ready for a few more months.

My latest is... like before... retail and Starbucks. Completion date they are trying to hit is February 15th. Retail will be divided into three sections, Potter being center. We will see USS shutting down for about 15 days while the final merchandising takes place within the entire space.

Reactions: William
My latest is... like before... retail and Starbucks. Completion date they are trying to hit is February 15th. Retail will be divided into three sections, Potter being center. We will see USS shutting down for about 15 days while the final merchandising takes place within the entire space.
A guy working at Featured Presentation confirmed Starbucks and the already-confirmed Universal Studios Store expansion.  He was saying that people hated going all the way to the Lower Lot just for Starbucks so they're adding it to the Upper Lot.  Scaffolding still seems to be up on the main entrance though.

You know... for some reason, I feel like this thing not being done until around February is just wrong on so many levels. If all it is going to mainly be is expanded retail & a Starbucks, it really shouldn't take this long to complete.

And Allen is correct on the over-sized dollhouse feel of the façade. I was looking at it yesterday and yea, it annoys the hell out of me how unrealistic the scale is. The metal roof access staircase between the gold & blue building façades looks stupid due to not being "life size". This type of façade scale would probably be fine for exterior scenes in the new "PETS" ride but not this. This just bugs me because Orlando's NY/Hollywood façades don't have this issue (as far as I can recall).

In other news, I was talking with one of the employees I know yesterday & they said the reason for the construction walls being pushed out is due to the pathway being repaved. So I'd expect the walls to hopefully get pushed back closer to the façade soon.

The only issues I have are about the façade at the very end that doesn't reach the top of the building. Aside from that I'll reserve judgement until it's finished. Some of the Springfield façades looked really odd when scaffolding came down for the first time but my issues were rectified once all the final details went in. 

When do you think scaffolding will be down on the side facing WaterWorld? I'm going in 2 weeks and I can't wait to see the project in person.

I think once the details and lighting are complete that the facades will look very nice and cohesive with what's around it.  Here's a shot that includes some of Baker Street so that you can see relative scale of new buildings.  It's a mystery for now why those last couple facades closest to camera done reach the top of the building.  Why would the tallest part of the structure get the shortest facades?  Maybe that will become clear once it's complete but it's certainly curious for now.

HollywoodDine_120615_1.jpg

I noticed from a satellite view of the HOH replacement building that the back looks different than the front.

HOH%20replacement%20caption.png

Could something special be in the back of the building?