House of Horrors Replacement | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

House of Horrors Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking last night at the park. I mean, even if Potter doesn't soft open, that corridor would be tight anyway with Grinchmas crowds.

*shrug* I think they're shooting to open this by Potter grand opening.

The alley side of new building getting themed.  I'm still of the belief that the portion of the new building that's behind British-themed construction walls will be British themed, too.  This includes this alley.  What to you think, is that merely because it visible or will guests step foot in this area?  Passage all the way to CityWalk?  For staff or guests?

HollywoodDine_111515_1.jpg

The alley side of new building getting themed.  I'm still of the belief that the portion of the new building that's behind British-themed construction walls will be British themed, too.  This includes this alley.  What to you think, is that merely because it visible or will guests step foot in this area?  Passage all the way to CityWalk?  For staff or guests?

HollywoodDine_111515_1.jpg
I have always wondered if this will be the case. The past few times I've visited I couldn't help but notice the façades facing Universal Plaza don't resemble Art-Deco architecture. 

Got a cool new shot of the House of Horrors replacement building. It looks great! It resembles Buena Vista Street from DCA. Unfortunately, I have a photo, but I can't upload it as I am having the struggle of my life to do it. Instagram and Flickr aren't working and I'm locked out of my photobucket. It's on my Instagram looperdehooper. First photo you should see.

Moderator's edit: Poof -

Last edited by a moderator:
Mind if I ask to Freak and/or Zero here, which side is that facing? I'd assume the side overlooking Universal Plaza, no?

As I look at it, I love it. Feels very much like Buena Vista and I can't wait to see the finished product.

I was also gonna ask which side of the street it was facing. Looks really cool! Gotta say, I'm extremely surprised as well. I was expecting some pretty but generic Art Deco looking facades all throughout to match Universal Plaza, but it almost looks like they're extending the NY Street motif! Reminds me of Universal Studios Singapore's entrance. Now I'm even more excited for it. I wonder when or if they'll retheme Cartooniversal and the other stores on the opposite side, or at least change the facades.

I know Hollywood Grill is behind walls right now. Have we seen if there's been any facade work there?

I was also gonna ask which side of the street it was facing. Looks really cool! Gotta say, I'm extremely surprised as well. I was expecting some pretty but generic Art Deco looking facades all throughout to match Universal Plaza, but it almost looks like they're extending the NY Street motif! Reminds me of Universal Studios Singapore's entrance. Now I'm even more excited for it. I wonder when or if they'll retheme Cartooniversal and the other stores on the opposite side, or at least change the facades.

I know Hollywood Grill is behind walls right now. Have we seen if there's been any facade work there?
Stylowtrix (sorry if I mis-spelled) said a while back that Cartooniversal is long gone. I wouldn't be surprised that they're holding that off till January when the crowds will be more dead to not cause any issues in crowd flow for that area.

That being said, I believe JPLA and others here and outside of USHForums have posted photos of it right now just behind walls waiting to get its treatment.

Reactions: Stylowtrix
Hollywood Grill will become "Hollywood & Dine" from what I'm hearing the HOH replacement is nothing more than retail and coffee shop. The side of the building closest to Globe Theater will have a large door that will allow merchandise on pallets to be loaded on to an elevator that will take the product to a storage area.

Reactions: chris.g
Hollywood Grill will become "Hollywood & Dine" from what I'm hearing the HOH replacement is nothing more than retail and coffee shop. The side of the building closest to Globe Theater will have a large door that will allow merchandise on pallets to be loaded on to an elevator that will take the product to a storage area.
I would see where you could be right, but theres some problems with what your saying..

As stated numerous times by IU Staff and even when closed, it was said that the replacement would be Food/Retail/Entertainment. So if you told me that its theres going to be a coffee shop (which "could" and "should" be pointless due to Hollywood Grill) and retail shops, i'd have reservations. Coupled with the fact that it has been stated, a few times by insiders that there'd be an Entertainment venue of some-sort in there, able to possibly even hold a Horror Nights maze, it'd also be a problem.

Then you also have to consider this, the left side of the building is abnormally taller than the right half. And also to add, it seemed that from what it looks like in recent photos, there doesn't seem to be a larger door for the public side of the building facing Universal Plaza but only smaller ways to get in.

Now Hollywood and Dine being the Hollywood Grill Replacer though..it'd make sense to me, due to the fact that it'd make sense better in a theme aspect to keep you feeling that your in the front area.

Not saying your wrong, but there's some portions where you retconned it at-least in my point-of-view here. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

I got and read the press releases as well, you are 100 percent correct it did mention all of the above... we shall wait and see... for the record, if it was my choice... there would be no retail or coffee shop in the location :)

Reactions: Alexshow.
I would see where you could be right, but theres some problems with what your saying..

As stated numerous times by IU Staff and even when closed, it was said that the replacement would be Food/Retail/Entertainment. So if you told me that its theres going to be a coffee shop (which "could" and "should" be pointless due to Hollywood Grill) and retail shops, i'd have reservations. Coupled with the fact that it has been stated, a few times by insiders that there'd be an Entertainment venue of some-sort in there, able to possibly even hold a Horror Nights maze, it'd also be a problem.

Then you also have to consider this, the left side of the building is abnormally taller than the right half. And also to add, it seemed that from what it looks like in recent photos, there doesn't seem to be a larger door for the public side of the building facing Universal Plaza but only smaller ways to get in.

Now Hollywood and Dine being the Hollywood Grill Replacer though..it'd make sense to me, due to the fact that it'd make sense better in a theme aspect to keep you feeling that your in the front area.

Not saying your wrong, but there's some portions where you retconned it at-least in my point-of-view here. I'd love to be proven wrong though.
He was only repeating what he has been told. You mentioned a lot of unproven speculation above of what the building would entail, so there really is nothing to be "proven wrong" at this point. 

Anyways it[SIZE=14.4271px] seems the façades facing Hollywood Grill are an assortment of different [/SIZE]Art-Deco style theming while the façades facing Plaza are a mix of New York and London theming. The decorative possibilities for HHN and Grinchmas are exciting! 

I got and read the press releases as well, you are 100 percent correct it did mention all of the above... we shall wait and see... for the record, if it was my choice... there would be no retail or coffee shop in the location :)
A lot of people would agree with that.

He was only repeating what he has been told. You mentioned a lot of unproven speculation above of what the building would entail, so there really is nothing to be "proven wrong" at this point.

Anyways it seems the façades facing Hollywood Grill are an assortment of different Art-Deco style theming while the façades facing Plaza are a mix of New York and London theming. The decorative possibilities for HHN and Grinchmas are exciting!
I will say that I meant in good intentions. But I do bring some valid points, either way though it will be interesting to see the final product of this.