House of Horrors Replacement | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

House of Horrors Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I do know that part of that area is owned by the entertainment department, so it could definitely be something like an attraction, museum, or show.

Well just got word that the rumor Screamscape posted a while back... well... it's true, and you guys are NOT going to like the theme.

Ding ding ding... The two themes I'm hearing are Walking Dead, and Universal Classic Monsters... we'll see. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If its TWD...I wouldn't mind it actually. And, theres a pretty damned good reason for that. And that is more that HHN won't have to put time and money on using TWD as a IP anymore and will atleast get some people away from Potter..

..that being said, am I happy if its true? HELL NO.

Classic monters or GTFO universal..leave walking dead for horro nights(not really) but still,I hope this isn't just a simple walkthrough, there needs to be some interactive madness to this

Either way, its good that it will atleast be SOMETHING that gets people off the streets for when Potter comes around. But, that's if its TWD. if its the Classic Monsters; I could see it getting some people but it wouldn't have that big of a draw (burn me in a fire if you disagree with me) unlike TWD where millions watch TWD or FTWD on Sunday nights.

Reactions: Bonkers
*Helps with the fire to burn Alex in* :p

Yea, I remember hearing that there was possibly something TWD going in here as well. But at the same time, there was that whole HoH 2.0 project as well. Eitherway... having something that is NOT retail/dining is a blessing. If Murdy is going to make several references to this so-called project of his, it almost HAS to be Universal Monster related because he should be more excited about that than TWD...

And as for the Resident Evil attraction in Japan, yea.. I've been wanting to go do that since it opened 3 years ago. Fun Fact, the guy who helped create the RE attraction in Japan also was the art director for Orlando's Transformers ride. ^_^

Here's a size comparison I did of the HoH replacement and Biohazard. Not exactly sure how Biohazard is laid out but I imagine it doesn't take too much space considering it shares the building with Spider-Man. So I just took how Spider-Man is laid out in IoA and applied it here. 

22995709463_92b44b6b00_b.jpg

From what I have been able to dig up on the attraction... it is split up into two parts. The first part has two routes to choose from: Raccoon City Police Department or Raccoon City Hospital. If you can get past the first part without "dying", you move onto the second part which is set in an Umbrella Research Center for the final showdown.

The entire attraction takes about 5-10mins to go through. Groups of eight guests at a time.

There is also a giftshop filled with RE merchandise as well.

I feel like there's pros and cons for both TWD and UCM.

TWD:

Pros:

Will draw crowds away from Potter

More opportunity for interactivity

No more TWD at HHN

Cons:

HHN fans are sick and tired of it

Dark subject matter, may draw complaints

UCM:

Pros:

Fans want it badly

Fits better with the rest of the park

More diverse

Cons:

Won't draw large crowds (A pro for those who would prefer this over Potter)

TWD at HHN

Less opportunity for interactivity

I would rather have Resident Evil :ph34r:  Save CMs for a more grand attraction down the line. Don't care much for TWD. 

^I vote for Resident Evil as well..... of course I still want a Classic Monster attraction also. Can't help it, I'm greedy.

Honestly, TWD isn't exactly dark subject matter... its just zombies (which is really the only thing the attraction would consist of, just like at HHN). And you'd be shooting said zombies... same thing as the RE attraction, only with less variety of things to shoot at unlike RE, which has Lickers, Tyrants, Nemesis etc along with zombies. Besides, guests will complain about anything and everything. The park can't rely on family-friendly content alone.... When I was at Citywalk the other night seeing Krampus, I was wearing my HHN hoodie from this year and a little kid (had to be no older than 6 or 7 years old) behind me pointed it out saying it was their favorite show. -shrugs-