How long will The Simpsons Ride last? | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

How long will The Simpsons Ride last?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How long will the Simpsons Ride last?

• Total voters
YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT DOOM IS... *rubs temples*

As others have said Disney has the rights for Dr Doom in the comics from purchasing Marvel, but COULD have the rights for movies IF the acquire FOX. Theme parks, still a no.

Am I reading you right?
190E1E42-3BF6-42F5-9A1F-49FD7BBA5B89.jpeg

The big issue with BTTF is that they go to the future in 2015....2 years ago.

That makes the story a huge no no from the get go.

Im sad this means they probably won't invest in Springfield anymore now that this deal has gone through.

The big issue with BTTF is that they go to the future in 2015....2 years ago.

That makes the story a huge no no from the get go.

That’s not a problem. If Disney could update Star Tours with new segments, there’s no reason why Universal can’t do the same for BTTF. Have the setting be in 2115. Christopher Lloyd and Tom Wilson are still alive (the former still plays Doc at every opportunity), maybe they can finally bring in Michael J. Fox if he is able to do it, and they can make up a new story. Hell, it can even be an improvement. Get an IMAX 70mm camera, create some new models, and boom. All that is still more cost-effective than what they did with The Simpsons and the animation is already outdated there.

BTTF is still some of the most beloved films Universal has ever produced. The general public still love the films and the fans 30 years ago are showing them to their kids for a new generation of fans. The Simpsons aren’t as big as they once were, if the reviews and ratings are any indication.

I think when the Simpsons finally does end (probably season 30) it will get a HUGE boost. People rewatching the series plus nostalgia factor will kick in for at least 5 or so years after... just my predictions

As I said before Coening is ending the show after 2019. Not sure if Disney can mess with him if he decides to stop with the series. He's doing a new Netflix animated series so Disney bought a soon to be dead ip. Then again I think Simpsons would fit Epcot perfectly. Season 14 episode 7 was a hoot.

1) lol Simpsons dead IP
2) Stop with Epcot

When Simpsons goes so does the WHOLE BUILDING. It's more likely we get a new Simpsons attraction where the existing ride is than it reverting back to BTTF or another layover.

Not going to happen, but Rick and Morty would be a fun replacement. They could pay for the costs alone with Szechuan sauce.

Oh, and an ice cream store that has chocolate "flies."

Last edited:
What if they traded their Marvel IP to Disney for rights in perpetuity to the Simpson's IP? That way they could redo Marvel Superhero Island which desperately needs redone because Hulk and Spiderman are falling apart. And, of course, they get to keep the Simpsons.

And the side benefit would be that Disney World could create a Marvel area so immersive we would think we're actually in the movies. It's so amazing of an idea I can't believe it hasn't happened yet!

... There ya go.

What if they traded their Marvel IP to Disney for rights in perpetuity to the Simpson's IP? That way they could redo Marvel Superhero Island which desperately needs redone because Hulk and Spiderman are falling apart. And, of course, they get to keep the Simpsons.

And the side benefit would be that Disney World could create a Marvel area so immersive we would think we're actually in the movies. It's so amazing of an idea I can't believe it hasn't happened yet!

... There ya go.

You know... for a second... you had me. :lol:

... There ya go.
:x:

Reactions: Andysol
Since this is a point of discussion lately - we wrote a thing:

Let’s Talk about the Simpsons Rights at Universal Parks | Inside Universal
I agree With this, no reason to do anything until after the 2028 season, If anything happens after that It would be time. Now that every opening day attraction is now gone from hollywood, its going to be easier to replace springfield as it would be 13 years old by then. I really don't know what would be able to replace it though. It just unfortunate that springfield works so well as a is right now, it will be sad to see it go.

Reactions: natespf