How long will The Simpsons Ride last? | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

How long will The Simpsons Ride last?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How long will the Simpsons Ride last?

• Total voters
I agree With this, no reason to do anything until after the 2028 season, If anything happens after that It would be time. Now that every opening day attraction is now gone from hollywood, its going to be easier to replace springfield as it would be 13 years old by then. I really don't know what would be able to replace it though. It just unfortunate that springfield works so well as a is right now, it will be sad to see it go.

What doesn't do the area any favors is that, while receiving upgrades in 2008, the Simpsons ride system will be closing in on 40 years when 2028 rolls around.

Springfield would be super easy to retheme, I would LOVE for them to demolish the BTTF building and open up into the expansion plot

I would be mad if The Simpsons Ride was a Power Plant dark ride with AAs, but it isn't - Good ridance

I'm a huge fan of the Simpsons ride, I decided to ask a worker if they were planning on shutting the ride down due to Disney. Apparently, Disney has no isuess about the ride at all. And they're currently in the middle of upgrades for the ride itself. So this rides gonna stay for a while

Reactions: tankart150
What doesn't do the area any favors is that, while receiving upgrades in 2008, the Simpsons ride system will be closing in on 40 years when 2028 rolls around.

I gotta believe the show will have been off prime-time TV at least a couple years by then, as well. Contracted thru 2021, but can't believe they get anything more than a final wrap-up season after that.

Reactions: Brian G.
true, Plus I dislike going on the Simpsons ride now because of the projection sometimes being so dim. This might be because of forbidden journeys projection being so crisp and now being accustomed to 4K projection screens. What would be able to replace the area though? I don't think back to the future coming back would be the right choice even though they could play it off as they " went to the past to change the future" type thing. other than that I got nothing :p

I like how some fans make a bigger deal of the rivalry than the companies do. They both want to make money. It is great when Universal can do it on their own, but if they can make that much more by splitting it with someone else so be it. Yes the companies do some things that the others don't like, but not kidnapping each others children. It is just business and they continue partnering in other ways.

I also wanted to add that The Simpsons have a similar pop-culture dynamic to Mario. Even people who don't watch the show (or play the game) buy merch.

Did anybody else think that a lot of the new Sesame Street area in Seaworld has a really similar vibe as Springfield? Urban storefronts with fun details themed around characters. I couldn't unsee Springfield from the Sesame Street pictures on Twitter.

I know SeaWorld isn't going to be affecting Universal's long-term plans, but it makes me think that a future Springfield (with or without the Simpsons) might not look terribly different from what it does today.

Did anybody else think that a lot of the new Sesame Street area in Seaworld has a really similar vibe as Springfield? Urban storefronts with fun details themed around characters. I couldn't unsee Springfield from the Sesame Street pictures on Twitter.

I know SeaWorld isn't going to be affecting Universal's long-term plans, but it makes me think that a future Springfield (with or without the Simpsons) might not look terribly different from what it does today.
I thought it looked more like Sesame Street

true, Plus I dislike going on the Simpsons ride now because of the projection sometimes being so dim. This might be because of forbidden journeys projection being so crisp and now being accustomed to 4K projection screens.

Not sure about Orlando, but Simpsons at USH was upgraded to 4K 60 FPS about a year ago. FJ is smoother at 120 FPS.

The ride was never that good. The CGI is so distractingly outdated and it’s not funny whatsoever. BTTF still has amazing effects, outside of that styrofoam cup, and still makes me laugh, and this is without nostalgia. All they had to do was remove any mentions of it being 2015, problem solved. It’s still a beloved IP. People nowadays look at the Simpsons with disdain and the ratings have been slipping heavily. Not to mention ride mechanics made the flying DeLorian feel much more natural than the runaway roller coaster car in the Simpsons ride. In either ride it's obvious that you are in a controlled vehicle but in Back to the Future it's supposed to feel like that. In the Simpsons ride the vehicle is supposed to be free falling through the sky, floating on water, and dangling from a rope and it really doesn't pull off the illusion.

What I’m saying is: I don’t really care if it leaves. People keep on saying a Rick & Morty ride could happen, I wish that was true. The show’s the greatest cartoon of all time and the mechanics work far better for that than for the Simpsons.

But I anticipate the comments calling me whiney and writing about nobody caring about what I’m saying, so go ahead.

I never understood how anyone involved approved the ride animation. It was heinously bad for 2008 (both in fluidity & overall charm), it's hard to look at now. The old 3D/CGI-animated Spongebob ride film playing at regional parks was better in terms of overall production value.

Answer (it’s not a very good one) @6:42

I mean obviously that's spin - the actual reason was logistical. Cheaper to do a CGI ride film (versus that level of hand-drawn footage)and much easier to sync ride vehicles to animation logged in a computer...

Would Disney want to build a Simpsons ride? Assuming that they do, by the time it opens, you’re talking about a longer length of time from the pilot to opening than the Twilight Zone pilot to Tower of Terror opening which seems crazy to think about.

Would Disney want to build a Simpsons ride? Assuming that they do, by the time it opens, you’re talking about a longer length of time from the pilot to opening than the Twilight Zone pilot to Tower of Terror opening which seems crazy to think about.
Wouldn't go over well in their Family oriented parks. Tooooo controversial for Disney's tastes.