Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How long will The Simpsons Ride last?

How long will the Simpsons Ride last?

• Total voters
Ehhh... I don't see them just doing one IP. I see multiple and lots of minilands.

I would not be shocked, but something makes me think that they're going to take what they learned from Beijing on Panda (on the immersive nature), and replicate the feeling with Berk for Orlando.

Keeping in mind, this is still speculation for my own end; but that's what I would honestly argue making sense, especially with the directions that they can take the Dragons series in general, whether post-Hidden World or not.

But I doubt DWA will take over Springfield.

Yeah, I don't mean to say Universal would get rid of Simpsons ahead of time (the land makes money obviously, no reason to get rid of it until it's up for replacement when the contract expires).

I just mean that there's no way Disney would extend the contract on one of its biggest Disney+ shows (all 30+ seasons of episodes front and center).

By 2028, there will be 100 million+ Disney+ subscribers; there's no way that they'd consider extending the Simpsons-Universal contract.

I would not be shocked, but something makes me think that they're going to take what they learned from Beijing on Panda (on the immersive nature), and replicate the feeling with Berk for Orlando.

Keeping in mind, this is still speculation for my own end; but that's what I would honestly argue making sense, especially with the directions that they can take the Dragons series in general, whether post-Hidden World or not.

But I doubt DWA will take over Springfield.

No way they dedicate 25% of their flagship park to HTTYD. It's just not that big of a property.

I find it kind of odd that Disney has both Hulu and Disney+ but they are putting most of their family friendly content on Disney+, but there is a lot of stuff on The Simpsons that's not really appropriate for the whole family.

I find it kind of odd that Disney has both Hulu and Disney+ but they are putting most of their family friendly content on Disney+, but there is a lot of stuff on The Simpsons that's not really appropriate for the whole family.
It’s all about locking in Disney+ as the only place to view The Simpsons. And it’s not like most of the stuff is all that bad. Certainly no more than TV-14.

I actually think there’s a decent chance The Simpsons get used in Disney Parks. Probably in a small way by the time 2028 rolls around, but I don’t think they WONT use them either. I’d bet there will at least be M&G’s at DHS or something.

It’s all about locking in Disney+ as the only place to view The Simpsons. And it’s not like most of the stuff is all that bad. Certainly no more than TV-14.

I agree really. I just know how sensitive people can be about anything with the Disney name attached to it and I don't find The Simpsons very scandalous compared to a lot of media these days, but just yesterday I watched an episode where Homer was depressed about his 15 minutes of fame being up and went to jump off a skyscraper and it's all played for laughs pretty much. I don't want the Simpsons to be censored but I'm just surprised a little of this move, beyond getting the audience to subscribe to Disney+ and can see some unsuspected parents writing angry emails.

I agree really. I just know how sensitive people can be about anything with the Disney name attached to it and I don't find The Simpsons very scandalous compared to a lot of media these days, but just yesterday I watched an episode where Homer was depressed about his 15 minutes of fame being up and went to jump off a skyscraper and it's all played for laughs pretty much. I don't want the Simpsons to be censored but I'm just surprised a little of this move, beyond getting the audience to subscribe to Disney+ and can see some unsuspected parents writing angry emails.
The Simpsons have been around for 30 years. If people are just starting to complain now than they’re late to the party. That happened in the 90’s and then people got over it.

The Simpsons have been around for 30 years. If people are just starting to complain now than they’re late to the party. That happened in the 90’s and then people got over it.

I agree again lol, I'm just saying people assume and (for the most part have been pretty correct) anything seen with the words "Disney" attached have been family friendly. Just people will have to adjust their expectations (not about the Simpsons) just about things with the Disney name attached.

Disney could also "split" up the channel like Netflix does so that when you enter it, you first choose if you want "Kids" stuff or "Regular". Everything G rated is in the "Kids" section and everything PG and above is in the other section.

Quick question, are the Simpsons still doing Daily Meet and Greets? I notice they aren't specifically mentioned on the times guide for May?

Just curious :

looking at the screen theatre, it's very similar to Flight Of Passage.

Could Universal rework this attraction sometime in the future, with a different ride system?

They're out daily. Either on Hollywood or by Fast Food Blvd.

I can also confirm that the Simpsons are still doing daily Meet N' Greets in Universal Studios Hollywood. Saw them on my trip to the park last week, situated between Studio Tour, Simpsons Ride and the path towards Hogwarts.