Hurricane Irma | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Hurricane Irma

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Where's the morality police on this one...?

I'm pretty sure operating a high end restaurant 24 hours after the governor told everyone to stay home is worse than just wishing epcot was open in the morning.

Reactions: Suprachica79
Where's the morality police on this one...?

I'm pretty sure operating a high end restaurant 24 hours after the governor told everyone to stay home is worse than just wishing epcot was open in the morning.
I'm guessing the restaurant isn't open to the general public, but rather those who are essentially trapped in the hotel.

And the staff has been there since it closed yesterday...?

I can't come up with a justification for having servers, hostesses, chefs, line cooks, etc... hanging out onsite in an emergency.

They could be doing other things as part of a ride out crew but... there shouldn't be enough of them to operate that restaurant.

No they don't. Anything non essential doesn't. There is no balloon vendor or face painter ride out crew.
Yeah they do, I've done the rideout crew before. They may not have every specific position covered but they have at least some representation from every department. One of the purposes of the rideout crew is to have the staff there on property to reopen the operations. It isn't just about securing the property and taking care of the guests they need to ensure they can reopen quickly even if castmemebers can't make it in due to the conditions.

There are currently tornado warnings in and near Orlando. This is supposed to continue to be a threat until at least midnight. These cells are moving west/northwest at over 50mph. Moving that quickly doesn't give people much time to prepare. Everyone, please take precautions and stay safe!

Just lost power and Teco will not be out til the storm is past so a long night. I am offline to save the batteries.
Stay safe folks, thanks to Naples and Ft Myers Tampa dodged the big one again.

Reactions: DanB89
To all my FL (forum) friends please be safe now that the beast is here. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers that everyone makes it out safely.

On a side note it was pure luck that we (family) just moved my grandma who lives alone out of Naples and up to Maine to be with her daughter and her family. They just moved her out maybe a month ago, just sitting here thinking of the timing and that somebody was watching over.