Hurricane Irma | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Hurricane Irma

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No power in Clermont and can't sleep due to the noise. Oh well, hard to complain when your living space is still intact.

Seeing and hearing explosions from power lines every hour or so near us. Power goes out for 30 seconds. Comes back on.

Keep on keeping on power. Keep on.

Reactions: DanB89
Seeing and hearing explosions from power lines every hour or so near us. Power goes out for 30 seconds. Comes back on.

Keep on keeping on power. Keep on.
Pretty much the same for me. I saw a big one, lit up the sky. Power went out I thought that was it then came back on.

Reactions: Alicia
It weakened I'm hoping we are still good to come down 9/22?

I think my biggest worry is traffic back into Florida. But hopefully all the evacuees are home within the week. 11 days!!!!!!! Can't wait!

I have my friend's wife and godson hiding in a closet while I'm sitting here worrying whether a tree may crash through my window. But yes, by all means, let's worry about whether your vacation may be impacted.

Super bad winds coming to Altamonte in 10 mins. Little scared.

Giant tree just fell behind my house.

IMG_2636.JPG

My fence is looking like it's about to rip outta the ground. Flipping back and forth.

I'll be happy when this is all over.

Still windy in SE fl, still no power for me, but we are safe. These things take so dang long to pass through.

I am sure the worst is over for us, my personal experience is that Wilma was worse for us, where we lived....but we were very lucky that we did not see the heart of the storm, just the outskirts. Many tress down, but no way to know what things are like outside of our little development.

Be safe folks, down here, mor folks seem to get hurt in the cleanup period than in the storm.

Seems like the winds here in Winter Garden are very slowly calming down, but the gusts continue to be incredibly strong.

Can't even begin to think what it's like for those of you in your homes. We've been watching CNN on and off in the UK - Instagram seems to just show the people making a drama and a joke out of it which is sad.

I hope you all stay safe, and have minimal damage

Reactions: Joshua Porter
I have my friend's wife and godson hiding in a closet while I'm sitting here worrying whether a tree may crash through my window. But yes, by all means, let's worry about whether your vacation may be impacted.
Didn't mean to be insensitive. That question was before it was getting crazy there. I hope you're all healthy and safe.

I'm still on lockdown over here at the garden wing of the contemporary. When I get out of here I'll try to get up to the cali grill and snap some pics of Magic Kingdom. Only have my iPhone- so apologies in advance :(

As for the garden wing- mousekeeping came in at 9:30PM and put towels by window/door- I'm on ground floor. It was one knock and they were in. They weren't waiting for anyone- moving Quick.
IMG_4129.jpg

This morning there are lots of wet towels by windows and doors and sandbags keeping all hallway doors closed. It's a lot calmer this morning but we're still getting some really really strong gusts. I'm shocked the entry/Lobby awning to the wing is holding up. No broken glass anywhere or serious landscaping that I can see so far- but again- I'm limited to the garden wing, so if I can get to the main building at 7, I'll update.
IMG_4132.jpg
IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4130.jpg

7am and all through the contemporary, not a creature was stirring not even a mouse.
Literally just me and two employees in here
IMG_4141.jpg
IMG_4142.jpg

Walked around to assess some damage (disregarding the safety signs- don't tell)

Mickey topiary standing strong
IMG_4134.jpg

Some minor flooding in between Mickey topiary and bay lake
IMG_4137.jpg

They lost a trash can- all trash cans were serran wrapped two to a pole. This one that was nearest to south wing got free
IMG_4133.jpg

Found it by bay lake tower
IMG_4135.jpg

And this area has a bunch of blown over smaller trees. About 7-8 I believe (look in background too)
IMG_4138.jpg

Outside of that, just some small branches and lots of leaves. Luckily it doesn't seem that bad here.
They said cali grill isn't open but I'll see if I can sweet talk my way up in a couple hrs.

Thoughts and prayers to all those without power!

7am and all through the contemporary, not a creature was stirring not even a mouse.
IMG_4141.jpg
IMG_4142.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

They lost a trash can- all trash cans were serran wrapped two to a pole. This one that was nearest to south wing got free
IMG_4133.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg

And this area has a bunch of blown over smaller trees. About 7-8 I believe (look in background too)
IMG_4138.jpg

Outside of that, just some small branches and lots of leaves. Luckily it doesn't seem that bad here.
They said cali grill isn't open but I'll see if I can sweet talk my way up in a couple hrs.

Wrapping trash cans like that was incredibly stupid. You'd think they'd have a better plan.

Reactions: Joshua Porter
IMG_4141.jpg
IMG_4142.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4133.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4138.jpg

Miraculous that more damage hasn't been done. My worry is for suburbia, though. You'd expect (hope) things in Disney/Universal to be strong far beyond code. Great pictures, can't believe that topiary is still standing strong!