Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Last edited:
So not opening for the Holiday period as anticipated. Good they are cracking on with it!

Thanks for the multiple languages, Chrome is having a field day asking if it can translate!

Hmm, I wonder if this means that Hulk 2.0 will release around the same time as King Kong? Nonetheless, next summer will be a great one to go to IoA.

So, anyone else hoping this is a repeat of May (Kong, Nintendo, AND Volcano Bay announcements) from this year and this means a bunch of other announcements coming soon too?

Thank goodness mr hulk's coaster will remain!

I am struck by the fact that many parks open brand new coasters in one year yet this coaster will take the same amount of time to be reimagined. Telling...

I think really, the theming of the queue is the real time killer here. It really doesn't take that long to build a roller coaster. Once the footers are cured, they can put one together in a couple months with good weather and proper motivation I believe. Usually they spend more time on the station and on wiring/infrastructure, but those aren't going to be the same crews that hang track. In the Hulk case, it sounds like the station is going to be most of the work. Looking at 8? months to strip out the old station and do a complete rebuild/retheme? Not sure that really is that fast for Universal's standards.

Replace the track? Is that really necessary? The track doesn't seem that rough but they could be reworking the back half of the ride (that's just blue sky thinking).

Correct me if I'm wrong but adding audio into the cars? What on earth are they going to play? Here 's a broad speculation: they could be adding ride effects or elements perhaps on the back half of the ride (because it would be hard to place them out in the walkways of MSHI). Something with audio of the hulk battling someone. Or just music that syncs up.