Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really like whoever they got designing the architectural details for these rides:

infinity-falls-seaworld-concept1.jpg

b6228b8ecf91f62a8bdaf6bae57d8f46.jpg

Cobras-Curse.jpg

It's these visual details that are setting the parks apart from just regular old roller coaster amusement parks. They're visually stunning in their own ways, and fun rides too.

...Seaworld never really has any defenders! I love it but I also love Uni, and Disney all for different reasons. Appreciate that they all help each other thrive and grow, and stop hating for hating sake.

I used to be a huge defender of SeaWorld, I would be all over Twitter and Facebook defending everything they did and backing it up with the truth. Granted it was all about the animals to me. I lost friends over my defenses for SeaWorld but I didn't care because I knew SeaWorld treated animals well and would do anything for them.

You can't say that bad publicity is the only reason that the parks took a dive in the last decade. I'd point you to the following list of missteps (money that could of been spent otherwise):

Turtle Trek
Antarctica
Cheetah Hunt
Pantopia
Tempesto
Verbolten
Sesame Street
Mako's theme
Why is Turtle Trek and Antarctica on the hated list? Two beautiful animal encounters that actually really teach you something about animals. Antartica is awesome because when you step into that room with the penguins and you are surrounded by them its incredible. Your not behind a cage. You actually feel part of the habitat. As for Turtle Trek those aquariums are absolutely beautiful. Getting to see the manatees, turtles and tropical fish up close like that and listening to the stories that the education team has to tell you. The 3d film part of this shows you what to do to help prevent more animal tragedies etc. Its sad people don't like these exhibits because they are not a thrill ride.

I loved SeaWorld before the rides. I loved it for what it did it right. And that was animal experiences that mattered. Touched the Heart to teach the mind.

Reactions: Journey_On
People don't like Antarctica and Turtle Trek because they're terrible attractions.

If they were the animal enclosures alone people wouldn't mind them at all.
That's where Manta gets things right, where they use the same aquaria, that can be enjoyed through the queueline or through regular exhibit. In Turtle Trek the aquaria are reduced to just something to kill time before the 3D film. and though Antarctica has a non-rider line now, well, I am sorry but there should be no waiting in line to see the preshow to a ride you won't go on anyway.

People don't like Antarctica and Turtle Trek because they're terrible attractions.

If they were the animal enclosures alone people wouldn't mind them at all.
I can get this. While I personally really enjoy TurtleTrek, it does have its flaws. I hate Antarctica the ride with a passion because it is a complete waste of technology and concept, but the exhibit and the land around it are gorgeous.

Can someone show me where they are putting this ride. They said the Hospitality Building and The Old stables are staying. Are they going to go into the Employee lot?

Can someone show me where they are putting this ride. They said the Hospitality Building and The Old stables are staying. Are they going to go into the Employee lot?
The ride path will only exist inside park in the existing Sea Garden area in front of the hospitality house. As far as I know it will not travel behind buildings or into backstage areas.

I used to be a huge defender of SeaWorld, I would be all over Twitter and Facebook defending everything they did and backing it up with the truth. Granted it was all about the animals to me. I lost friends over my defenses for SeaWorld but I didn't care because I knew SeaWorld treated animals well and would do anything for them.

Why is Turtle Trek and Antarctica on the hated list? Two beautiful animal encounters that actually really teach you something about animals. Antartica is awesome because when you step into that room with the penguins and you are surrounded by them its incredible. Your not behind a cage. You actually feel part of the habitat. As for Turtle Trek those aquariums are absolutely beautiful. Getting to see the manatees, turtles and tropical fish up close like that and listening to the stories that the education team has to tell you. The 3d film part of this shows you what to do to help prevent more animal tragedies etc. Its sad people don't like these exhibits because they are not a thrill ride.

I loved SeaWorld before the rides. I loved it for what it did it right. And that was animal experiences that mattered. Touched the Heart to teach the mind.
IMO Antarctica could have been built without the ride. A walk though would have the same purpose and not cost $40 million the park did not have to spend. Total let down after all the hype.

Turtle Trek I liked but had to leave after a few minutes due to nausea. Liked the effect though.

Infinity Falls will be Sea World's major attraction for the 2018 season. It will be a River Rafting Ride.

Infinity Falls River Rapids Ride coming to SeaWorld Orlando in Summer 2018 – Orlando United

Official Description:

Rush the rapids on SeaWorld’s all-new river ride Infinity Falls coming Summer 2018.

Climb aboard your raft for a journey of discovery down this lost jungle river. Wind your way around soaking fountains and waterfalls as you pass the remains of an ancient civilization. Hang on as the roaring world class rapids send you flying through chutes before you plunge down the tallest drop of its kind into churning whitewater. Your adventure ends at Harmony Village with a greater connection to the world’s rivers, inspired to spread the message of conservation.

Quick Bits:
  • Ride will be built on site of Sea Gardens
  • Hospitality House is staying
  • AP Member Lounge will close during construction, but will return next year "better than ever" (More details here)
  • Flamingos and Parrots get to keep their homes in the area
  • Animal Ambassador building remains (former horse stable)
  • Slated to open Summer 2018

Ride Features:
  • Approx. 4 min ride time
  • Unique elevator vertical lift
  • 40 foot drop, tallest of any rapids ride in the world
  • Class IV and V rapids
  • Takes place on a lost jungle river in the rainforests of South America
  • Scenery includes crumbling relics of a lost civilization
  • Ride will include soaking fountains, waterfalls and horizontal jets

Area Features:
  • Lush jungle atmosphere
  • Crumbling ruins
  • Harmony Village after ride exit to feature conservation based kiosks
  • Animal Ambassador meet and greets will continue in area featuring animals native to South America
Video:

Photographs of Area:

P1090822.jpg

P1090774.jpg

P1090792.jpg

Can't they fix Journey to Atlantis before building a new water ride from scratch?!

No, because they need a new water ride from scratch way more than they need to fix the crappy special FX on a water ride from 1997. Expand expand expand!

Mod Note: Please refrain from using profanity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Verbolten
No, because they need a new water ride from scratch way more than they need to fix the shitty special FX on a water ride from 1997. Expand expand expand!

If that's SeaWorld Orlando's mentality, this park will never come close to Universal. Might was well scrap Atlantis completely than let it run in it's embarrassing state.

^I think they came to that conclusion a long time ago. SeaWorld is never going to be a movie backed, highly produced, full fledged theme park. It's going to be SeaWorld, which has a much different feel to it than a Universal or Disney park would. Laid back atmosphere, entertaining live shows, lush gardens, and big thrills is what I identify with the SWP&E brand. So with that said, I stick by my point you quoted.

Reactions: Verbolten and UNIrd
^I think they came to that conclusion a long time ago. SeaWorld is never going to be a movie backed, highly produced, full fledged theme park. It's going to be SeaWorld, which has a much different feel to it than a Universal or Disney park would. Laid back atmosphere, entertaining live shows, lush gardens, and big thrills is what I identify with the SWP&E brand. So with that said, I stick by my point you quoted.
I've always enjoyed the mixture of thrill rides and animal encounters together...Plus the parks are very beautiful...I think Cobra's Curse is an example of the amount of 'dark ride' that we will probably ever get from a SWP...

Although, BGW has some amazingly themed rides/dark ride elements

Where does letting beloved attractions fall into disarray and neglect fit into this version of SeaWorld?

Reactions: TheGentTrent
The ride path will only exist inside park in the existing Sea Garden area in front of the hospitality house. As far as I know it will not travel behind buildings or into backstage areas.
So this ride will be really really small. Basically a couple turns, a lift and a drop. There is no room for anything more than that in the area you described.

So this ride will be really really small. Basically a couple turns, a lift and a drop. There is no room for anything more than that in the area you described.
I think we'll all be surprised by how much room they actually have. Don't forget about the ponds in front of the building will become more space too. The usable size of the Sea Garden area doubles if you fill in the water.

And they'll be able to pack a lot of excitement into that small space.

Reactions: anihilnation
Where does letting beloved attractions fall into disarray and neglect fit into this version of SeaWorld?

And you're acting like you're brand new, as if JTA was at some point a Disney caliber attraction. JTA in its current version doesn't feel like it's in disarray or being neglected. It's about as good as it's ever been, sans one or two effects. SeaWorld is hungry for expansion... more coasters and water rides, and less SFX dark attractions.