Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride

Can't they fix Journey to Atlantis before building a new water ride from scratch?!

No, because they need a new water ride from scratch way more than they need to fix the crappy special FX on a water ride from 1997. Expand expand expand!

Mod Note: Please refrain from using profanity.

It was stated that JTA will get a re-do soon. The recent closure was done to fix the track to get ready for Summer.

It was stated that JTA will get a re-do soon. The recent closure was done to fix the track to get ready for Summer.
Any idea of when? Would be nice if they did this as soon as Kraken reopens, but then, busy season begins around that time, so I assume, they probably won't do anything 'till September.

I get a kick out of folks bemoaning the FX on Journey to Atlantis, it is as if they have never seen or experienced the San Antonio version.

If Sea World does revamp the JTA at Orlando, maybe they can get a two-Fer and actually do it for the first time in San Antonio

I get a kick out of folks bemoaning the FX on Journey to Atlantis, it is as if they have never seen or experienced the San Antonio version.

If Sea World does revamp the JTA at Orlando, maybe they can get a two-Fer and actually do it for the first time in San Antonio
Its a little different when the ride is in your premiere park and it is left to deteriorate.

JTA has looked pretty much the exact same for the past 10 years. The only things that today's version is missing are:

1. The video of the man in the window right after the load station. (Wow, this was such a convincing effect, I'm going to miss it so much)
2. The statue turned medusa.
3. The medusa head going up the first lift.

If you really think the park should prioritize those effects over a new rapids ride - then I don't know what to tell you, honestly. There's nothing nostalgic about any of the listed effects above that would make SeaWorld want to preserve it as if it's Small World or Peter Pan's Flight.

Not quite sure why this is even a topic. Let SeaWorld blow your mind next year with what should be their best attraction since Manta and lets all move forward into the future.

JTA has looked pretty much the exact same for the past 10 years. The only things that today's version is missing are:

1. The video of the man in the window right after the load station. (Wow, this was such a convincing effect, I'm going to miss it so much)
2. The statue turned medusa.
3. The medusa head going up the first lift.

If you really think the park should prioritize those effects over a new rapids ride - then I don't know what to tell you, honestly. There's nothing nostalgic about any of the listed effects above that would make SeaWorld want to preserve it as if it's Small World or Peter Pan's Flight.

Not quite sure why this is even a topic. Let SeaWorld blow your mind next year with what should be their best attraction since Manta and lets all move forward into the future.
I think the general public really only cares about the thrills for JTA, and it's a hit with visitors, so no worries. We complain about disco yeti too, but general peeps don't know it used to move, they just love the coaster. I would say that even when everything worked JTA's inside themed elements and story was always muddled, strange and embarrassing, at least from a theme park geek point of view... It plays the Beetlejuice theme on the lift hill for pete's sake! That ride never actually had integrity. But I love that part near the end when it spirals down the track, so fun.

@AliciaStella great point - and the reason Disco Yeti is so important is that it's the climax of the ride. The entire mountain is built around that special effect and finally having a face-to-face encounter with the yeti. JTA has none of that - and you're right, it's there for its big drops and big splashes.

Let's not defend SeaWorld or any park for the matter to the point that we turn a blind eye to bad show. It's obvious to riders there is nothing happen where there should be, especially to anyone who has ridden it before, and basic effect upkeep from any world class theme park should be expected.

If that's SeaWorld Orlando's mentality, this park will never come close to Universal. Might was well scrap Atlantis completely than let it run in it's embarrassing state.

Just to play devils advocate here, that's pretty much exactly Universal's plan. Universal don't fix dying rides, they resolve and heavily upgrade them. I can only think of one ride in Universal that's older than 20 years old.

The walls, they are up:

Figured they be up by today. I'm gonna pop in tomorrow for some video. Hopefully they'll have signage up on them by then.

I'm sure some signs about conservation and the Infinity Falls concept art are coming soon.

So, for those of you keeping track at home... That's work walls around Dolphin Nursery, Sea Garden, and Kraken right now.

I cannot wait to go tomorrow to take pictures, of walls. Really giving Disney a run for their money.