Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride

The area seems quite small for a rapids ride. I noticed that the concept art shows multiple levels where sections of the trough intersect with one another. I'll be quite interested to see what the layout looks like.

The area seems quite small for a rapids ride. I noticed that the concept art shows multiple levels where sections of the trough intersect with one another. I'll be quite interested to see what the layout looks like.
Yea, but keep in mind also that like a third of rides like Kali River Rapids are the slow inclines in the beginning. Kali has a good minute and a half of just going up a really boring and slow chain lift... That not only takes up a good chunk of ride time, but also real estate. By having the elevator lift, Infinity cuts out all that space and boring time. Bottom line is, there's going to be more actual (fun) ride time on Infinity than Kali, even though it takes up less space.

Yea, but keep in mind also that like a third of rides like Kali River Rapids are the slow inclines in the beginning. Kali has a good minute and a half of just going up a really boring and slow chain lift... That not only takes up a good chunk of ride time, but also real estate. By having the elevator lift, Infinity cuts out all that space and boring time. Bottom line is, there's going to be more actual (fun) ride time on Infinity than Kali, even though it takes up less space.
Having said all that, I'm still going to concede that Popeye will be better. You can't beat the theming and fleshed out story of a ride like Popeye. Infinity should be more fun than Kali, and probably just as good as Congo at Busch Gardens... That'll make it a great addition to SeaWorld, but can't compete with the awesomeness of this:

hqdefault.jpg

Congo River Rapids is also 35 years old. They've made some advances in the technology since then. One of the big features on CRR (and many others of that time) was a wave area which sounded good on paper until boats got stuck all the time. They turned the wave machines off and now they have a calm area of the ride that is kind of boring (and even when it had waves was kind of boring), but that was the initial design.

I like BGT's Congo, it is a nice organic, no nonsense ride that is nicely landscaped.
Popeye, did it yesterday for the first time this year, always has been one of my favorite rides, though you do get ridiculously wet on it, most of the big stuff missed me, yet I still was soaked.

The area looks a lot bigger without the trees and such. Also, notice the old SeaWorld logo that used to be on top of the Shamu Stadium overhand is gone now.

While I think this is a great addition to the park, those beautifully landscaped areas will be greatly missed. I am sure they will add new landscaping and make it look great, but I loved the photo op in front of the lake and waterfall.

030212-(26).jpg

That was one of my favorite photo ops, but with the renderings it looks like there will be some new ones so I'll live.

As far as rapids rides go, I usually skip them. In fact I've never been on KRR, CRR or P&BBRB. I think the only I've ever been on is Rip Roarin' Rapids at Carowinds when I still lived in Charlotte & more than 20 years ago. I'm just not into getting drenched then having to walk around...or pay for a dryer...(yes I'm frugal...lol). I will however get a ride on this sometime next year as it looks much more exciting. Let's hope there isn't too much downtime.

Looks like a small footprint. And at 4 minutes, it's going to be pretty short as it is so I hope it's an action-packed 4 minutes.

Looks like a small footprint. And at 4 minutes, it's going to be pretty short as it is so I hope it's an action-packed 4 minutes.
Most of these rides have an extra minute or two going up a lift so it should hopefully lead to a more condensed experience.

Quick update from yesterday from the ground for Infinity Falls. (Sky Tower was closed due to weather.)

Video:

Photo Highlights:

P1110891.jpg

Noticed this buffer added to water across the path, keeping construction debris from spreading too far:
P1110896.jpg

P1110897.jpg

P1110908.jpg

P1110902.jpg

Walls go right up to animal ambassador doors:
P1110905.jpg

P1110907.jpg

Now that all the land looks clear I hope that means real construction can begin soon!