Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

IOA Lagoon Show

Quite cool, but more Bellagio Fountains than a Theme Park Night show

They should have like a geyser or something shooting up from the water every once in a while. It'll relate to the story of how the Islands were formed. There could still be activity below the lagoon and Islands.

So Efteling got a great night time water show and now they asked Dutch DJ Tiesto to transform their park tunes in a nice little remix. I would love to see this in IOA. But will it be too progressive for the US?

^ As long as it fits IOA then I would be fine with it...

I honestly envision either a story of a 7th island or a journey through each island

Universal needs to bring back IOA's origin story. I've only heard it in bits and pieces but it's an amazing story and it would be a truly incredible show.

Is this written anywhere?

I remember the preview centre etc and the countdown hourglass, heck I have my fully stamped passport somewhere (I think I may have 3 :shifty:), but I can't remember the full backstory.

Is this written anywhere?

I remember the preview centre etc and the countdown hourglass, heck I have my fully stamped passport somewhere (I think I may have 3 :shifty:), but I can't remember the full backstory.

To my knowledge, I don't believe it was ever published. I've spoken with a few creatives, and they've told it to me, but I don't know if there is an official record of it.

They could easily reenact that as a night time show.
That would be pretty great, though they should also add some sort of adventurous, action-filled plot that would take place after telling the backstory. Something along the lines of the original nighttime show at USF would be perfect. It could involve the characters of each of the islands interacting with one another, like superheroes and wizards teaming up to defeat some attacking dinosaurs that have escaped from Jurassic Park, or some Seuss characters joining Popeye and Dudley Do-Right on some sort of quest to find... something; I don't really know what it would be but it could work :lol: Perhaps they could use an array of mist screens for projecting moving characters on the lagoon, and use fog effects to create a surface onto which a "ground" could also be projected :shrug:

Not sure if true but the Popeye ride uses the water from the lake.
If the ride is filled up the level in the lake lowers quite a but (for if you want to have nozzels in there for water fountains and stuff). Could that be one of the reasons there is still no evening show on the lake?

If the ride is filled up the level in the lake lowers quite a but (for if you want to have nozzels in there for water fountains and stuff). Could that be one of the reasons there is still no evening show on the lake?

I do believe you are correct with Popeye using the lake water but not sure if that plays a part with them having a show, I doubt it would. Im sure they could figure out a way to make the ens of the nozzle buoyant so they telescope up and down as the water levels fluctuate

I do believe you are correct with Popeye using the lake water but not sure if that plays a part with them having a show, I doubt it would. Im sure they could figure out a way to make the ens of the nozzle buoyant so they telescope up and down as the water levels fluctuate

Popeye and Dudley run off of the lagoon water. JPRA uses a pond. I don't remember where I heard it (Travel Channel special?) but I believe the lagoon lowers 6 inches when both rides are running.

But I agree, I don't think it plays much into their ability to have nozzles in the lagoon. They probably didn't back in the day due to Island Skipper Tours.

Controversial opinion: I'd rather have Skipper Tours back than a new night show!

In the short term, I might actually agree with you, but a nighttime show would really help keep families in the park, and it's a game Universal has shown that they can play well. It'd be a good stepping stone towards fully competing with Disney.

Just curious for those who know, regarding that boat ramp between Seuss and LC: is this existing infrastructure from the previous nighttime show, or is this used for general purpose to access the lagoon?

Just curious for those who know, regarding that boat ramp between Seuss and LC: is this existing infrastructure from the previous nighttime show, or is this used for general purpose to access the lagoon?

General service access currently, though the old fireworks barge and Island Skippers did launch from that location.

Popeye and Dudley run off of the lagoon water. JPRA uses a pond. I don't remember where I heard it (Travel Channel special?) but I believe the lagoon lowers 6 inches when both rides are running.

But I agree, I don't think it plays much into their ability to have nozzles in the lagoon. They probably didn't back in the day due to Island Skipper Tours.

I originally heard it in the old 1999 USA Network making of IOA special. (Information is about 4:00 in)