IOA Lagoon Show | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

IOA Lagoon Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I originally heard it in the old 1999 USA Network making of IOA special. (Information is about 4:00 in)

Yep, that's where I heard it. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Yes, it is functioning, or was once upon a time.

So they have the means to do it, they have a great story to tell, and they could make serious bank with a Mythos dining package. It's a little surprising that they haven't already done this.

Whatever they do for a nighttime show needs to be a lot better than CineSpec. It's already time for that to see a replacement soon imo (at least update definitely). The show is dreadful, only good part is the use of lasers.

Popeye and Dudley run off of the lagoon water. JPRA uses a pond. I don't remember where I heard it (Travel Channel special?) but I believe the lagoon lowers 6 inches when both rides are running.

Although I have known about this for a considerable amount of time, there has always always been something I have wondered about regarding the lagoon water. Is it filtered each time an attraction is filled? I am concerned about those parasite/amoeba things that enter the body through the nose or ears or cut and eat your brain to pieces.

While I know those critters bury in the muck on the bottom, I know there are carp and turtles in the lagoon that must stir up the bottom often.

So, if not the rapids water, I would expect the water effects such as the falls and squirts would be. I doubt anyone here knows the answer to this.

I've always been under the impression that it's filtered. If it's chlorinated, I don't see them releasing that back in to the lagoon. Maybe a salt-water chlorinator like the hotel pools?

I've always been under the impression that it's filtered. If it's chlorinated, I don't see them releasing that back in to the lagoon. Maybe a salt-water chlorinator like the hotel pools?

Maybe, or maybe a UV light filter system? We know that it must be dumped back into the lagoon, even for emergency evacs.

BTW, I have never heard of a salt-water chlorinator before. Interesting.

Although I have known about this for a considerable amount of time, there has always always been something I have wondered about regarding the lagoon water. Is it filtered each time an attraction is filled? I am concerned about those parasite/amoeba things that enter the body through the nose or ears or cut and eat your brain to pieces.

While I know those critters bury in the muck on the bottom, I know there are carp and turtles in the lagoon that must stir up the bottom often.

So, if not the rapids water, I would expect the water effects such as the falls and squirts would be. I doubt anyone here knows the answer to this.
Concerning "those parasites/amoeba things that enter your the body through your nose or ears or cut and eat your brain to pieces". I think that's what happened to the Disney negotiators who let Rowlings/Potter get away to Universal. Just a rumor though, mind you. :ack:

Every single water source that can come in contact with humans HAS to be filtered/cleaned (at least in Florida).

Example: The Fantasmic! fountains have to be filtered, the IllumiNations fountains do not. Same goes for water rides such as Popeye.

I'm pretty certain Popeye and Dudly were both standard style chlorination before as you could distinctly smell the chlorine where they misted.

Teebin if you would like I could take a picture of my salt-water chlorinater. Basically you just dump salt into the pool and it gets circulated around via the pump. As it moves through the different areas of the pool system it passes through the chlorinater. It requires electricity and has several metal fins inside it, and as the water passes through the salt molecules are stripped by the electricity in the fins to create chlorine.
Here's a link for my/similar model.
PENTAIR >> Products >> Sanitizers >>IntelliChlor Salt Chlorine Generator

I'm pretty certain Popeye and Dudly were both standard style chlorination before as you could distinctly smell the chlorine where they misted.

Teebin if you would like I could take a picture of my salt-water chlorinater. Basically you just dump salt into the pool and it gets circulated around via the pump. As it moves through the different areas of the pool system it passes through the chlorinater. It requires electricity and has several metal fins inside it, and as the water passes through the salt molecules are stripped by the electricity in the fins to create chlorine.
Here's a link for my/similar model.
PENTAIR >> Products >> Sanitizers >>IntelliChlor Salt Chlorine Generator

Oh yes, I actually looked up what it is all about. Basically salt is used in a chem process to create chlorine, so the water contains chlorine either way whether by drip, tablets or the salt process. Those must be rugged carp. :blank:

I know that salt is also used in Florida and other places with hard water as a softener.