Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
I was on leave all the way from Oklahoma and went to Universal with my friends, waited in line for 2 hrs and was about 4 vehicles away from riding and they closed the ride down with technical difficulties. Never had a chance to ride it caused we had saved that ride for last.

It is not a failure because they are still working all the difficulties out. However I am not saying it's a success either! Once the ride is in full operation (Express Pass, No Tech. Difficulties, etc..) then it will defiantly be a success in my book!

I do not feel it is a bad ride. I personally try to make it a point to ride it at least once a trip.

People originally disliked it due to the big opening delay. It went from Spring 2009 to then end of Summer 2009. Then, the ride ended up having many issues such as roughness, valleying, effects not working and not running every so often. However, the ride's effects have improved, it has not valleyed in quite some time(and never with someone on board) and the ride is not closing like it was once it opened.

As for the trains, I am not sure exactly when they will all be on the tracks. The employees are sending out cars at a much faster rate with the magic carpet. I think once the employees are fully ready, they will have all of the cars running and the Express Pass line open. Until then, just try and enjoy the ride for what it is. That's how I see it and I enjoy the ride.

I called universal the other day and they said the express line for HRRR will depend on whether WWoHP is open yet. If Harry Potter is open, they will open the Express line for HRRR

I think this ride is an enormous l waste of time, money, resources, and effort that could have been spent improving what they already have instead of settling for a mediocre coaster.

The ride is dong what Universal put it there to do. Fill space that couldn't be used by anything other than a thin ride like a coaster and draw in crowds. It is succeeding at both very well.

Now as it's all finished and working, I must say it is a very good coaster. It's a great ride with the awesome music to add.

You haven't been on Maverick :]

Actually, you're right. But I highly doubt that there are any coasters that can sexually arouse me (other than Rockit).

Is this ride really that Bad? I didnt get to ride when i went last summer...i will this summer though...What's so bad about it? And when are they gonna get all the trains on the track?

No. It's really not. It's an amazing ride once you get passed the wait. They're finally starting to get closer and closer to full capacity. The other train will be added soon enough.

90 minutes wow, I waited 5 minutes and enjoyed it but not IMO worth a 90 minute wait if you have ridden it.

It was worth the 2.5hr wait my first time, but I agree. After riding it 11 times, I can't wait over a half hour for it. But that's just cause I'm spoiled when it comes to theme parks.

I think this ride is an enormous l waste of time, money, resources, and effort that could have been spent improving what they already have instead of settling for a mediocre coaster.

I highly disagree. It's anything but a mediocre coaster. It's technologically innovative (choose your own audio, film your ride, LED's, etc.). Plus it's a fun ride. You must not have ridden it in the front if you think it's that bad.

I personally find Rockit a success. I've ridden it, and I got great airtime. It's on my top 5 favorite roller coasters. And most of the problems are fixed (they just need Express, all trains, no more difficulties, etc.). Other than that the moving platform is working, a new banner is up, and the roughness is fixed (or was reported to be).

Yeah, Rockit's an amazing ride. Mark that a success. :smiley:

Last edited:
I've been on it roughly ten times and have only experienced roughness once at in was very minor.

Is the ride rougher than your ordinary Universal roller coaster? Yes. Is it rough enough to bother the rider? Well it's clear to me that it depends
on the rider. Personally, it doesn't bother me at all. Other people seem much more sensitive to it. I think the bottom line is everyone needs to ride it and come to that conclusion on their own.

By the way, I consider Rockit a success. It's not perfect but it makes me want to go to Universal a lit more than I would without it. Isn't that the point?

I really must ask how people can find even the bad trains on HRRR rough when there is Hulk not far away? I've had bad trains on Rockit, but it isn't near as horrible a Hulk's roughness.

I said to early to tell, wait for it to finally be finished and I'm sure it will be fine. I still have to say i hate the way it has ruined the universal skyline :'(

Cool Ride Just A Bit Ewwww

0730%20Rip%20Ride%20Rockit.jpg

I like it in the skyline. It is one of my favorite rides so just like Everest its something nice to see when I come to the parks because I get excited about riding it. The only failure part is the line. It is boring (I was in it once for 10 minutes and was bored) and is it suposed to be a recording studio set or something else?