Jungle Cruise Refurb/Overhaul and Other News/Notes | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Jungle Cruise Refurb/Overhaul and Other News/Notes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've been a skipper for a little over a year now and these rumors have apparently been around forever. As for the extension of the dock to include a wheelchair ramp, its completely necessary. The wheelchair and handicapped passengers have to wait for the specified boats and the process is quite long, while no boat can leave or come in. As for the partially narrated spiel, little known, this was actually supposed to happen in the past. In fact, one of the boats has a dead button on the panel that says "spiel"..it was basically the idea of George of the Jungle. There would still be a skipper, but like posted before, you would interact with a comical "narrator"..a third person ominous god like voice that talked about your journey. I don't mind this if they do it in the right way like kilimanjaro safaris. JC is in DESPERATE need of a rehaul, five extra minutes would be great, something more interactive, and i'm excited to see what this brings. indoor break room pls?

I've been a skipper for a little over a year now and these rumors have apparently been around forever.

They have indeed. But now more, shall we say, legitimate sources are saying it is close to happening, which is why I posted it here. And the GotJ spiel would have been a complete spiel, not a partial one. This sounds more like the old Kilimanjaro spiel with Wilson than a complete narration.

A sort of ominous voice playing with the Skipper throughout could actually be really funny. Just don't take too much away from the Skippers.

I really like the whole era that Jungle Cruise is set in. The 30's jazz music plays so well with all the tropical, exploration. I was really looking forward to the movie.

I don't think it'll see the light of day. With Uncharted becoming a movie, possible Tomb Raider reboot, and plans for a 5th Indy (Doubt that happens too); they'd be better investing into that Haunted Mansion re-do (which coincidentally has been rather quiet as well).

The last I heard of the Jungle Cruise film was March 2011 when they annpounced that it would star Buzz and Woody. Oops, I mean Tim Allen and Tom Hanks.

WDW's attendance apparently wasn't talked about during today's earning conference call while the other resorts were. Telling, IMO.

In fact, attendance domestically is only up 1% for the quarter, meaning WDW has to be down.

WDW's attendance apparently wasn't talked about during today's earning conference call while the other resorts were. Telling, IMO.

In fact, attendance domestically is only up 1% for the quarter, meaning WDW has to be down.

Down big time, considering the jump DCA got from Carsland.

I don't know what the park attendance is, but I am hearing that resort occupancy rates are hanging around 60% as opposed to the traditional 80+%. That is why I am thinking that, while Disney didn't flinch at Potter, Cabana Bay caused TDO's blood pressure to shoot through the roof. But then again we have known that Disney is no longer in the theme park business and are now hotel/Time share agents.

So is any pixiedust snorting fanboi going to say thet Potter will NEVER dent WDWs dominance?

Last edited:
Doesn't it have to be put in perspective, though?

WDW has over 2 dozen hotels.
DLR has 3 hotels.
Uni has 3/soon to be 4 hotels.

Doesn't it have to be put in perspective, though?

WDW has over 2 dozen hotels.
DLR has 3 hotels.
Uni has 3/soon to be 4 hotels.

YES! 60% occupancy rates at WDW's over 40K hotel rooms with a value and more Potter on the way up the road. Seems self explanatory to me. Disney is chitting bricks. Disney is in the hotel business and that has nose dived. If Disney doesn't fill those rooms then they are dead.

A lot of Disney's hotels are Partner hotels too. So if you include Universal's Partner hotels you have a lot more to Uni.

I was just looking into a mini WDW trip because the girlfriend and I are having an anniversary coming up and I am able to book in early september virtually anywhere with no issues. I know it is the slower season but to not run into any problems in any resort chosen with less than a month away.

The worst part about Disney hotels is the price. I literally looked today for my daughters 3rd birthday. For the same price as the "value" resort at Disney I can get a 3 bedroom townhouse that sleeps 9. It's crazy to me