Jungle Cruise Refurb/Overhaul and Other News/Notes | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Jungle Cruise Refurb/Overhaul and Other News/Notes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
All the rumblings that have come out last week leading up to the earnings report yesterday really make so much sense now. I thought it was all wishful thinking until the info from yesterday.

-Low Occupancy
-Diminishing attendance
-Not much of a rosey outlook for the rest of the year

The more I think about it, the better news it becomes. I hope these kind of numbers hold up, and Carsland continues to do massive business.

This is what we have been waiting for. The laurels have FINALLY caught up with their bonuses and bank account. Someone in Glendale probably bounced a check and now were moving forward.

It's a good thing if it ever happens. The extension of the ride sounds so blue sky to me it ain't even funny. As the line goes in LOTR, "Look to your friends, but do not trust to hope".

It's a good thing if it ever happens. The extension of the ride sounds so blue sky to me it ain't even funny. As the line goes in LOTR, "Look to your friends, but do not trust to hope".

The ride extension is more than blue sky. Been looked at heavily for years and has definite plans on how to do it. Whether it happens is another story.

What is going to happen either way is plussing of the attraction.

They just need to get it done, the only disappointing thing about this would be is if THIS is their idea of a new ride for Adventureland instead of actually making a new ride...

They just need to get it done, the only disappointing thing about this would be is if THIS is their idea of a new ride for Adventureland instead of actually making a new ride...

As much as I'd want a new ride for AL, this would be more than enough for now, IMO. Tomorrowland needs a new attraction and a complete change more than AL, IMO.

Last time I was in the park I remember Jungle Cruise was in pretty rough shape..that was 10 years ago. Not sure if they have re-furbed since then, but if not, yikes.

Last time I was in the park I remember Jungle Cruise was in pretty rough shape..that was 10 years ago. Not sure if they have re-furbed since then, but if not, yikes.

They have. The scenes aren't in all that bad a shape...but the basin is leaking, from what I understand. They kind of have to do a major refurb on it.

Wait its been 10 years since your last visit to the MK?

Explains so much.

It certainly would explain a lot. If this is the case then I almost have to side with rhino's thoughts and defenses. You truly have no idea of the level were at now at WDW vs 10 years ago, hell 5 years ago even!

I would love to see jungle Cruise get some TLC. Maybe IOA should do the same for there Jurassic Park flume ride. That one is in even worse condition. :p

2006, The Polynesian. $630/night Garden View.

The better question is what you were doing paying $630 in 2006 for a room that maxes out at $655 during holiday week in 2012? I think you were taken by more than just the state of the room. Surely a local with the handle Disneyhead would know at least one CM who could take the five minutes to flip down their ID and get the discount?

From a math nerd perspective, the entirety of the occupancy decline can be explained as a denominator problem, but the fact that they didn't mention Orlando attendance is telling. The idea of lower attendance but higher per guest spending makes it sound as though the locals/AP holders are the ones checking out.

I would love to see jungle Cruise get some TLC. Maybe IOA should do the same for there Jurassic Park flume ride. That one is in even worse condition. :p

One could only hope as I have gone as far as saying to either put it under the knife OR the wrecking ball in its current form.

Just a bit of an update here.

The original permit I found for Parkscope wasn't for this big refurb. Instead, it's for the removal of the crappy coin-operated boats next to the JC. This could still be the beginning of big changes, however, as the boats will have to pass through this area if they do end up circling the treehouse, or just for the wheelchair loading dock.

Just a bit of an update here.

The original permit I found for Parkscope wasn't for this big refurb. Instead, it's for the removal of the crappy coin-operated boats next to the JC. This could still be the beginning of big changes, however, as the boats will have to pass through this area if they do end up circling the treehouse, or just for the wheelchair loading dock.

Amusement Pics has posted that visible work is well underway near the Jungle Cruise and that the "crappy coin-operated boats" are closed.

igIHVHrYW8y0p.jpg

iuAyH0UQAUqjW.jpg

iblD19PuXRAd3Y.jpg