Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sitting at 62% currently with only 34 reviews in. Of those 34 though, only 21 are positive.

Yeeesh. Not surprised at how it's being received though.

Reactions: jtsalien
Eh, the running theme through the negative reviews is the "absurdity." Which, if you've already accepted it's about saving dinos from an erupting volcano and bringing them to the mainland where things go wrong, you should be fine with it.

Reactions: Joel and belloq87
fallen franchise

tenor.gif

Reactions: UNIrd
Per Rotten Tomatoes (which I by no means think is beyond reproach, but I do think it's useful to at least gauge a very general, broad consensus), FALLEN KINGDOM is currently at 70% fresh, with 35 positive reviews and 15 negative ones.

Seems to be on par with the reception of JURASSIC WORLD.

So looking at the reviews, it seems that this is a tad above Jurassic World as it drops the nostalgia thing that Jurassic World clung on to so much, and in doing so is more original.

Still though, my expectations are low, but I will definitely see it.

I’ve just seen this. Ugh.. it’s a bit of a mess.
The absurdity comments were right. Using the excuse that it’s a high concept idea in the first place is no excuse for how poor the writing is in this movie. There are decisions made by characters in this movie that are beyond any sort of rational action that an actual human being would ever make. In fact, I would go so far as to say that one decision in particular is literally the stupidest thing I have ever witnessed a character do in a movie, it’s absolutely laughable and you will know exactly what it is when you see it.
I’m really disappointed, as I really liked the first JW. This is honestly like a 5/10 or 6/10 movie at the most. The more I think on it, the more issues I have with it actually.
More than anything, it’s made me realise that I never want the Jurassic Park area in IOA to be rebranded to Jurassic World, as I think we’re probably going to see worse to come in the next sequel...

Reactions: captainmoch
Don’t read this until you’ve seen the movie, but the more I’ve thought on it, the more ludicrous this movie actually is

The Indoraptor has an attack signal that is triggered by a gun pointing at a target. Now, I’m not sure how much the cost would be to create, feed and train this creature, but I’m going to guess that the cost is considerably more than AN ACTUAL BULLET THAT COULD JUST BE FIRED OUT OF THE GUN.

So, so stupid.