Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
37EC88D4-A017-480B-96D4-CDDFB9517A2F.jpeg Do you think they’ll enlarge the entrance path to Jurassic World? The left line in this photo is for Express and the right side leads to the Standby queue.

I think they should do something with the queue for the new ride. I mean I saw the other day the JP ride was 65 minutes wait later in the afternoon when it started to get really hot...

An indoor queue for Jurassic World would be very nice. Doing so allows them to add more features that wouldn’t work outdoors.

Yeah, it's exciting to know that this is finally happening. The ride, even though was fun and holds a place; is rough. very, rough in the dino's and effects.

I really hope, with the advent of Super Silly Fun Land that they finally get rid of Dino Play to redo that entire queue. If there is one thing I absolutely abhor with the current set-up of Jurassic Park, it's the queue. If there is one thing I am begging gets changed, it's this in particular.

Add shading to the extended queue, make it more modern in it's design, do things to get the flow to be better than it was.

Food for thought, perhaps someone else may of posted that before you? It's always good to back-track, if I do say so myself.

Glad they are going right along, especially with the timetable of this project, they need all the time they can get.

One thing I'd be interested to see is whether they manage to integrate the AA underwater "pits"(?) in a way that means they're far less visible, or not visible at all. I think the main draw for me is to see how Universal creates animatronics in 2018 - I know we have the Kong head in Reign of Kong, but they haven't done full-scale work like this since USJ opened. The advances in technology are undeniable, and even looking back at the early videos of the ride, the AA's definitely hold up - so I think it's a given that they will be impressive. I just hope they are maintained well.

I’m personally hoping for more foliage to be added overall. The lush look has always been super captivating to me in the movies, and is something I feel hasn’t been 100% successfully translated in the theme parks.

Trademarks are being filed for Jurassic World.

Can somebody help me understand trademark law?

That trademark listing points to three related listings. One is the JP theme park listing. The other two are JW listings that cover a whole bunch of stuff (mostly electronic media) but not theme parks.

Why didn’t Universal file a JW theme park trademark earlier with the others? Am I reading too much into that like I most certainly am?

We know since it was announced and even when it was rumored that screens would play a role at least in some capacity. It's not like it's going to be 100% screens on the ride. As long as we get a descent amount of real-life AA dinos throughout the ride, I'll be happy. Besides, I'm sure they'll have at least one or two on the lift hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.