Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still one of the greatest rides ever created to this day.

It is but they would never build anything like it again. Unless they could figure out how to sell Spaceship Earth plush or have the characters as the figures in it, it would never happen again. Although I am suddenly picturing Minnie with the afro and boots in a computer room... :rofl:

What I call Body Wars? Lazy and puck provoking... (That pavilion had awesome shows but no good ride).
And EPCOT was once my most favourite park but that was before it became a shadow of it former self and it's theme confusing.

I agree Cranium was much better then Body Wars. But I love em' both. Now... :focus:

It is but they would never build anything like it again. Unless they could figure out how to sell Spaceship Earth plush or have the characters as the figures in it, it would never happen again. Although I am suddenly picturing Minnie with the afro and boots in a computer room... :rofl:

Don't even joke about that. I used to like that ride in the Mexican pavilion when I was younger. It obviously wasn't a super thrilling or exciting ride but it had a cool atmosphere about it; plus it was educational. You know, the main point of Epcot in the first place. I hadn't been to Epcot in about a decade before this past Spring and when I went on the Mexico ride this time what a HUGE disappointment! They just had to throw the stupid cartoon characters in there somewhere didn't they? I know a lot of Disney fanboys will disagree with me here but the whole park has gone down hill since the last time I was there. It sucks because I used to like Epcot too.

Anyway, back on topic...

My point is that I want to see more physical sets and less screens. A ride also does not need nonstop action in order to be good. I thought a dino lab ride like the movie would have been cool.

My point is that I want to see more physical sets and less screens. A ride also does not need nonstop action in order to be good. I thought a dino lab ride like the movie would have been cool.

I agree. Wish this was still in the plans somehow.

I agree. Wish this was still in the plans somehow.

I appreciate and agree with the sentiment of wanting a more... For lack of a better term "traditional" dark ride.... But that's not what the lab ride likely would have been anyway.

Think about it: your main character is an animated strand of DNA. That right there guarantees a decent chunk of screens and/or projections. And let's be honest, they weren't going to fill a lab with actors and sure as heck weren't going to give us a room full of animatronic humans. That's never been their style and never will be.

So I'm sure the lab sets would have been nice to look at, I'm sure it was going to end up being more screen-y and project-y than some would hope.

I appreciate and agree with the sentiment of wanting a more... For lack of a better term "traditional" dark ride.... But that's not what the lab ride likely would have been anyway.

Think about it: your main character is an animated strand of DNA. That right there guarantees a decent chunk of screens and/or projections. And let's be honest, they weren't going to fill a lab with actors and sure as heck weren't going to give us a room full of animatronic humans. That's never been their style and never will be.

So I'm sure the lab sets would have been nice to look at, I'm sure it was going to end up being more screen-y and project-y than some would hope.

From the description, it sounded like there was only one room with a few dinosaur AAs. Which, from the rumors, we'll be getting in the coaster. So I really don't get what everyone's problem is.

From the description, it sounded like there was only one room with a few dinosaur AAs. Which, from the rumors, we'll be getting in the coaster. So I really don't get what everyone's problem is.

In the last 4 years... Universal Orlando has done 0 things that I don't like or regret that they did.

I'm sure they are doing to do a great job

Everyone's problem is that this has been brewing for so long that they blew expectations way out of proportion and lost sight of the goal of the project in general.

I'm still not sure how I feel at the potential rebranding of the park to Jurassic World. It's gonna be weird if the new gates do pan out.

Yeah, I agree that a ride incorporating those elements for Jurassic Park would be awesome.

Considering JP is a theme park within a theme park, having Flyers go a good portion of the island might not compromise its surroundings... as long as the ride wasn't particularly visible from HP

I wish they would just take down the Flyers all together and put up a STEEL themed coaster with AA'S all around it and make some sets in places as well,it could run thru Camp Jurassic and where the trike encounter was at and there would still be enough room to put a flat kiddie ride there as well.

I personally would love to see Flyers turned into something that everyone could ride and enjoy, even if it was still a very simple and tame ride. Just have it tour the park and get a scene or two with Dinosaurs.

I wish they would just take down the Flyers all together and put up a STEEL themed coaster with AA'S all around it and make some sets in places as well,it could run thru Camp Jurassic and where the trike encounter was at and there would still be enough room to put a flat kiddie ride there as well.

What kind of land schematics are you looking at that makes you believe a steel coaster could fit in and around the Camp Jurassic area AND the trike spot and still fit in a flat ride? You vastly underestimate the amount of space the queue, ride building that holds the station (if there is one) plus the track, supports, etc....takes up.

I swear I'm gonna change my signature to "The JP Expansion is not for adults."

Status
Not open for further replies.