Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 145 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not put in a highly themed buggie ride for small kids, you know, the once at traveling carnivals.
Not with the flat backdrop and sh!t but just buggies that small and able to travel around a nicely themed area with plants and baby dino's and a waterfalls. Make sure the entrance and exit are next to each other with an relaxing place for parents to wind down when they wait for their kids.

So, I guess this is what we are potentially looking at for the future of JP?

2pSou5c.png

It isn't too much space, but I'm sure they find interesting ways to utilize it.

Why not put in a highly themed buggie ride for small kids, you know, the once at traveling carnivals.
Not with the flat backdrop and sh!t but just buggies that small and able to travel around a nicely themed area with plants and baby dino's and a waterfalls. Make sure the entrance and exit are next to each other with an relaxing place for parents to wind down when they wait for their kids.

I really don't think JP should have rides that are ONLY for kids. They should be made for everyone to enjoy, kids and adults.. especially if it will feature Dinosaurs.

That already exists. It's called Jurassic Park River Adventure, and soon there'll be the Amber Mine.

Sure, but something already exists for kids only- the Flyers. JP just seems like a weird brand to use for a lot of kid only rides when it has mass appeal with all ages.

On another note, the Amber Mine has been said to be shelved in favor of a “A small family oriented terrain hugging coaster creation with rock work, water features, and 2 AA's with custom themed timber liner trains” via HTF.

Sure, but something already exists for kids only- the Flyers. JP just seems like a weird brand to use for a lot of kid only rides when it has mass appeal with all ages.

On another note, the Amber Mine has been said to be shelved in favor of a “A small family oriented terrain hugging coaster creation with rock work, water features, and 2 AA's with custom themed timber liner trains” via HTF.

You consider the coaster "kids only"? This will be more like SDMT and not Hippogriff, no?

You consider the coaster "kids only"? This will be more like SDMT and not Hippogriff, no?

From what I know about it, which admittedly very little, no. The coaster sounds simple, but it sounds like it will be something for everyone and involve Dinosaurs, so that at the very least makes me happy. I'm just saying the JP section doesn't really need anymore kids only rides with the Flyers already existing, but I am not referring to the coaster.

From what I know about it, which admittedly very little, no. The coaster sounds simple, but it sounds like it will be something for everyone and involve Dinosaurs, so that at the very least makes me happy. I'm just saying the JP section doesn't really need anymore kids only rides with the Flyers already existing, but I am not referring to the coaster.

I agree. At least gives us something that the whole family can enjoy. No kiddie rides! FAMILY.

So, I guess this is what we are potentially looking at for the future of JP?

2pSou5c.png

It isn't too much space, but I'm sure they find interesting ways to utilize it.

I really don't think JP should have rides that are ONLY for kids. They should be made for everyone to enjoy, kids and adults.. especially if it will feature Dinosaurs.

FYI,

That retention pond will go untouched for this Kong project if all goes as planned. :thumbs:

So, whats the last we heard about the coaster itself.. that it will be similar to both:

"The Splinter"

and

"Wooden Warrior"

but that Gravity Group may no longer be those who are involved?

-----

Also, this may be crazy talk, but could something like this work?

N5wpPex.png

It would preserve the Waterfront of JP and put the coaster in the backdrop for a great visual.

Cheap mock-up:

PaHbJBA.jpg

FYI,

That retention pond will go untouched for this Kong project if all goes as planned. :thumbs:

Kong/Skull Island is gonna be one compact section, but I bet it will still be a neat area. I'm interested to see just how they pull it off.

Last edited:
Also, this may be crazy talk, but could something like this work?

N5wpPex.png

It would preserve the Waterfront of JP and put the coaster in the backdrop for a great visual.

Cheap mock-up:

PaHbJBA.jpg

I like that! :thumbs: Additionally, it could also solve the problem with the Hogwarts show building! However if they do this, they would then need to cover Popeye's lift hill.

It should be interesting how the coaster will go up and how Skull Island will be layout-wise.

Last edited:
how do you know your whole "FAMILY" wont enjoy it before its even broken ground?

I took it as the person was just stating their general opinion that they prefer Family rides over kiddie rides. I don't believe the person was stating they believe the ride will be kiddie over family.

I like that! :thumbs: Additionally, it could also solve the problem with the Hogwarts show building! However if they do this, they would then need to cover Popeye's lift hill.

It should be interesting how the coaster will go up and how Skull Island will be layout-wise.

I really would prefer this over the coaster hugging the waterfront. Further, if the path directs to the waterfront (and another route can still go under the coaster to the front of the discovery center) they could perhaps build a lakeside restaurant.

Last edited:
I really would prefer this over the coaster hugging the waterfront. Further, if the path directs to the waterfront (and another route can still go under the coaster to the front of the discovery center) they could perhaps build a lakeside restaurant.

The Trike plot barely touches the waterfront. Should a coaster go there, the lake is still as open as before. As you can see in your own picture, the only thing the trike plot really touches is the Popeye lift hill which isn't really anything special.

Hello,

Regarding a small terrain hugging wooden coaster, bring it on! I rode the Wooden Warrior from Gravity Group up in CT last june and I have to say this: for a 35 feet tall coaster, it is more fun and more thrilling than many more than 100 feet tall roller coasters I have been on. IF that is indeed what we are getting... We are in for a treat!

Regarding Pterandon Flyers, they do have two options if they want to modify it. Setpoint, who originally finished Pteranodon Flyers in 98/99 is still in business and delivered a brand new family coaster to Universal Studios Singapore in 2010. So, they could come back in and work on the ride again. Option two is Premier Rides. Caripro, a small dutch ride manufacturer was the actual original manufacturer of the Flyers. But, the subcontractor went bust and Universal instead went to Setpoint to finish the ride instead of having Caripro on it. Caripro catalogue and products ended up later in the Premier Rides (maker of the Revenge of the Mummy) portfolio and they did build a suspended coaster in 2008. Slippery when Wet was at Hard Rock Park and featured 4 persons cars.

Putting bigger cars on the Flyers would involved a lot of work to the area. Since it was designed for two passengers, adding more passengers mean the loads are a lot more and additional supports/bracing will need to be added to the track. Lots of work for what would not be a lot of gain.

Is there any reason why the coaster couldn't be partially built on top of the pond/lake? Isn't the pond/lake just a huge borrow pit where they used the fill dirt to build up the adjacent land? Wouldn't extending the ride on the water help with the crammed ride constraint? Seems like a realistic solution.

Is there any reason why the coaster couldn't be partially built on top of the pond/lake? Isn't the pond/lake just a huge borrow pit where they used the fill dirt to build up the adjacent land? Wouldn't extending the ride on the water help with the crammed ride constraint? Seems like a realistic solution.

It is true that the lagoon is "man made", but I don't think it likely that the coaster would go over the lagoon. As has been mentioned many times the trike plot is not actually waterfront, it is back to back with a ride in Toon Lagoon. If the coaster went around this ride to the water then it would be in Toon Lagoons waterfront as well as JP (2 waterfronts ruined).

Regarding Pterandon Flyers, they do have two options if they want to modify it. Setpoint, who originally finished Pteranodon Flyers in 98/99 is still in business and delivered a brand new family coaster to Universal Studios Singapore in 2010. So, they could come back in and work on the ride again. Option two is Premier Rides. Caripro, a small dutch ride manufacturer was the actual original manufacturer of the Flyers. But, the subcontractor went bust and Universal instead went to Setpoint to finish the ride instead of having Caripro on it. Caripro catalogue and products ended up later in the Premier Rides (maker of the Revenge of the Mummy) portfolio and they did build a suspended coaster in 2008. Slippery when Wet was at Hard Rock Park and featured 4 persons cars.

Putting bigger cars on the Flyers would involved a lot of work to the area. Since it was designed for two passengers, adding more passengers mean the loads are a lot more and additional supports/bracing will need to be added to the track. Lots of work for what would not be a lot of gain.

The way I see it is the 2 options are to leave it the way it is or to knock it down, for that it does not matter who built it.

When I mentioned the waterfront I was referring to this:

What if they change out the entry arches to ones that look like the one in the new film that say Jurassic World and the carousel centerpiece and wooden coaster wrap around backdrop are direct lifts from what will be seen in at least 2 scenes in the new film (one where happy families are out for a day in "Jurassic World" in the daytime and one at night after all **** breaks loose)?

However, upon reading it again it seems the coaster will be the backdrop for the carousel, not the Discovery Center (which was the imagery that came to mind at first).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.