Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 146 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they do include a flat ride I hope it is something new and different, we got enough basic spinners. :thumbs:

If we did not already have the flyers a highly themed version of one of these would be neat. (rider controls wings/thrill level)

[video=youtube_share;C622XPzXvP4]http://youtu.be/C622XPzXvP4[/video]

If they do include a flat ride I hope it is something new and different, we got enough basic spinners. :thumbs:

If we did not already have the flyers a highly themed version of one of these would be neat. (rider controls wings/thrill level)

[video=youtube_share;C622XPzXvP4]http://youtu.be/C622XPzXvP4[/video]

I agree. We need something new besides the same old spinner rides. As much as I would like to see this, it's probably too intense for what they are going for right now. But I hope I'm wrong lol

If they built one of those without the flipping upside down, I could see that working as a nice addition. I think it'd be too intense in its current form.

That would be a basic spinner, what I'm trying to get away from :rofl:

But this ride is actually ingenious in that respect, the user controls the spin with the wings. It can be as gentle or intense as you want.

Whatever happens I want it to be way outside the box.

Considering the age group they are allegedly targeting with the flat I don't think something like that spinner will come close to happening. It would be cool if they did whip out something unique though, but I would rather it didn't happen and the space be used for something else entirely.

I think this is perfect ride type, and its made by intamin too

Top Speed: 36 MPH
[video=youtube;SsUifQ5JDJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SsUifQ5JDJQ[/video]

How many times must I say that each rider controls their own intensity level? That is what drew my attention to this ride. I know Uni wants to target families with young children more than they have in the past. But they can not dump their core audience in the process. And how much fun is it for little kids to walk past all these big roller coasters to get to the next same ole' lil' spinner with a different paint job? :rofl: I know it's not the same but we need more dark rides for all ages. The JP coaster may not be for little children, but should still appeal to the kids market. So there should be a balance with the flat-rides as well as a balance with the eTickets, and everything in between. There is no need for all the flat-rides to be baby rides, we have older kids, pre-teens, teens, and adults to appeal to as well. A carnival can hit every market, why not go at it with Uni quality. The concept of a ride that each rider is in control is interesting.

Like I said I would want something new and different and way outside the box. This ride is not quite that, just getting the wheels spinning.

How many times must I say that each rider controls their own intensity level? That is what drew my attention to this ride. I know Uni wants to target families with young children more than they have in the past. But they can not dump their core audience in the process. And how much fun is it for little kids to walk past all these big roller coasters to get to the next same ole' lil' spinner with a different paint job? :rofl: I know it's not the same but we need more dark rides for all ages. The JP coaster may not be for little children, but should still appeal to the kids market. So there should be a balance with the flat-rides as well as a balance with the eTickets, and everything in between. There is no need for all the flat-rides to be baby rides, we have older kids, pre-teens, teens, and adults to appeal to as well. A carnival can hit every market, why not go at it with Uni quality. The concept of a ride that each rider is in control is interesting.

Like I said I would want something new and different and way outside the box. This ride is not quite that, just getting the wheels spinning.

With a ride like you proposed, it would still limit little kids. Sure, you could control if your vehicle goes upside down or not, but what would the restraints for that ride be like? Think about it, if you have the potential to flip around, the manufacturers have to assume you will, even if youre the tamest rider out there. With restrictve restraints comes a restrictive height requirement. So, no, this wouldnt be a family ride, it would still have a height requirement "just in case".

You all have to realize that everything Universal does doesnt cater explicitly to us. There are no five-year-olds on this board (I assume) who can speak up and tell us that a few playgrounds and Seuss Landing aren't enough to make a full day of fun for them. Sure, we all love big rides but its selfish of us to assume we should be able to ride everything, and we aren't the demographic Universal is catering to with this expansion. Lets not let this spinning/flipping self-control spinner ride become the next DC land.........

With a ride like you proposed, it would still limit little kids. Sure, you could control if your vehicle goes upside down or not, but what would the restraints for that ride be like? Think about it, if you have the potential to flip around, the manufacturers have to assume you will, even if youre the tamest rider out there. With restrictve restraints comes a restrictive height requirement. So, no, this wouldnt be a family ride, it would still have a height requirement "just in case".

You all have to realize that everything Universal does doesnt cater explicitly to us. There are no five-year-olds on this board (I assume) who can speak up and tell us that a few playgrounds and Seuss Landing aren't enough to make a full day of fun for them. Sure, we all love big rides but its selfish of us to assume we should be able to ride everything, and we aren't the demographic Universal is catering to with this expansion. Lets not let this spinning/flipping self-control spinner ride become the next DC land.........

I am really just proposing something outside of the box. As far as this particular ride, I mean something like that so don't picture exactly like the video. Possibly the seats default to locked down, and the spin is an option that must be enabled. There could be other interesting ways to allow the rider to choose intensity. But it also does not need to be anything like that to be appealing to a wider range of riders.

When I talk about their core audience, I am definitely not talking about us. :look: The medium intensity is becoming under represented in the parks, as they transform the eTickets into action packed whip-you-abouts :shrug: and throw in some gentle flat rides to compensate. So it could be a nice changeup to give the older kids a flat-ride, and add back in some more whole family eTickets.

Last edited:
I am really just proposing something outside of the box. As far as this particular ride, I mean something like that so don't picture exactly like the video. Possibly the seats default to locked down, and the spin is an option that must be enabled. There could be other interesting ways to allow the rider to choose intensity. But it also does not need to be anything like that to be appealing to a wider range of riders.

When I talk about their core audience, I am definitely not talking about us. :look: The medium intensity is becoming under represented in the parks, as they transform the eTickets into action packed whip-you-abouts :shrug: and throw in some gentle flat rides to compensate. So it could be a nice changeup to give the older kids a flat-ride, and add back in some more whole family eTickets.

I do agree that a mid-level flat ride and an E-ticket family dark ride are both two attractions each Universal park could use. But the JP expansion is to increase kid/family appeal without wasting too much expense on such a tiny space (Triceratops plot). Granted I'd love the short Mr. DNA ride instead of another flat ride but we can't have everything :shrug:

I do agree that a mid-level flat ride and an E-ticket family dark ride are both two attractions each Universal park could use. But the JP expansion is to increase kid/family appeal without wasting too much expense on such a tiny space (Triceratops plot). Granted I'd love the short Mr. DNA ride instead of another flat ride but we can't have everything :shrug:

I understand, but it is not always clear what someone means when they are talking about a family ride. A kiddie ride and a roller coaster are not family attractions in my opinion. JP may be a lost cause for a true family ride, so that's for another area. If the flat ride had similar requirements to the rollercoaster that should cover the med-thrill for that area. There is still the kiddie play area with gentle ride, and a large thrill/water ride. It does not need to be like the video or even go upside down, but it should be much more than some arms that go up and down in circles.

I understand, but it is not always clear what someone means when they are talking about a family ride. A kiddie ride and a roller coaster are not family attractions in my opinion. JP may be a lost cause for a true family ride, so that's for another area. If the flat ride had similar requirements to the rollercoaster that should cover the med-thrill for that area. There is still the kiddie play area with gentle ride, and a large thrill/water ride. It does not need to be like the video or even go upside down, but it should be much more than some arms that go up and down in circles.

^^^Agreed!^^^

My guess is the JP expansion will be more like Springfield. As in a low key plussing to an existing IP, and less like the end all be all in themed entertainment.

My guess is the JP expansion will be more like Springfield. As in a low key plussing to an existing IP, and less like the end all be all in themed entertainment.

If that's the plan, I sure hope Kong is as earth-shattering as Gringotts :lol: but a junior woodie and flat ride seem nice enough. Really, we should be happy that they're INCREASING capacity rather than leaving that plot empty

Anything is an improvement for JP at this point. I welcome this addition, however "minor" it may be (pun intended). Just hoping Uni does something "new" for the the flat-ride. And no, I'm not asking for a new Vomitron ride, either (though I can't help but admitting that the ride concept shown a few pages back looks pretty fun). :smiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.