Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 161 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be in the minority, but I really am not phased by the news of JP expansion being set side or possibly dead. Especially since we're getting Kong and the KidZone re-do fast tracked instead. I know Universal needs some more family attractions, but a Florida resident AP holder, getting bigger and better things over some minor family stuff is awesome to me. I'm happy about this, especially KidZone finally being re-done. It is just so out of place and outdated.

I may be in the minority, but I really am not phased by the news of JP expansion being set side or possibly dead. Especially since we're getting Kong and the KidZone re-do fast tracked instead. I know Universal needs some more family attractions, but a Florida resident AP holder, getting bigger and better things over some minor family stuff is awesome to me. I'm happy about this, especially KidZone finally being re-done. It is just so out of place and outdated.

Is KidZone coming next year as well?!?

Is KidZone coming next year as well?!?

I understood it as, the area is being torn down this fall with the replacement opening in 2016, which is why Kong is being fastracked. Still better than the previous plan of JP in 2015, Kong 2016 and KidZone in 2017 or 2018. KidZone couldn't wait.

I don't think anything was really said about it so I was never really that hyped for JP, I think the wait would be better actually so we could add some JW stuff. Kong and kidzone will be way better

It could be the fact that Jurassic World could become its own trilogy, therefor they do not need to open JP expansion now and could do it in time. On a financial viewpoint, the Trek area at JP may have been expensive to maintain, especially since it always seemed empty. Kong in 2015 and Kidzone in 2016, if thats the case, sounds like a better plan IMO. It would make sense also. A new family coaster wont bring the masses to the park. two new islands in the form of skull island and a whole new concept to take the place of KZ both at HP scale and detail. that will bring in hordes of tourist and give Comcast more of a reason to keep investing into the parks.

Here is my guess as to what we will see (with the information we have so far)

2015 - Kong, KZ construction, Citywalk Expansion, Hotel 5 construction - And we find out whether or not Uni has more land that they have been keeping a secret, or they will buy land for more hotels
2016 - KZ finished, Citywalk Expansions, Hotel 5 Done, construction begins for waterpark & transportation system between Current property and new water park area
2017 - Waterpark Opens

I think JP is a proof that we plans change at any moment. For all we know the expansion could still be going on

It could be the fact that Jurassic World could become its own trilogy, therefor they do not need to open JP expansion now and could do it in time. On a financial viewpoint, the Trek area at JP may have been expensive to maintain, especially since it always seemed empty. Kong in 2015 and Kidzone in 2016, if thats the case, sounds like a better plan IMO. It would make sense also. A new family coaster wont bring the masses to the park. two new islands in the form of skull island and a whole new concept to take the place of KZ both at HP scale and detail. that will bring in hordes of tourist and give Comcast more of a reason to keep investing into the parks.

Here is my guess as to what we will see (with the information we have so far)

2015 - Kong, KZ construction, Citywalk Expansion, Hotel 5 construction - And we find out whether or not Uni has more land that they have been keeping a secret, or they will buy land for more hotels
2016 - KZ finished, Citywalk Expansions, Hotel 5 Done, construction begins for waterpark & transportation system between Current property and new water park area
2017 - Waterpark Opens

I think JP is a proof that we plans change at any moment. For all we know the expansion could still be going on

I could see a JP expansion coming out as a small offering for IOA when KidZone or the water park opens

Honestly I don't think JP is that big of a priority for expansion anyways. Sure it has dead space but it can wait a while especially with kong

I think everything that isn't named Harry potter is on the back ur we. I'd assume after June we may seem some progress

I think everything that isn't named Harry potter is on the back ur we. I'd assume after June we may seem some progress

Really, there should be early construction for Kong beginning after Memorial Day since Diagon Alley should be soft-opening around then.

I meant June meaning the grand open. My point was that once potter is completed then I would suspect we see progress on the ioa side

So Kong gets an express pass, while JP gets shelved indefinitely, again? I know Kong should be awesome, and everyone seems gung-ho on the project, but I'd much rather have a JP project instead. Oh well.

The giant ape swings and the t-rex is down for the count!

So Kong gets an express pass, while JP gets shelved indefinitely, again? I know Kong should be awesome, and everyone seems gung-ho on the project, but I'd much rather have a JP project instead. Oh well.

The giant ape swings and the t-rex is down for the count!

Based on the claim that every expansion will have something on it by 2020, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a JP expansion sometime after Jurassic World. But Kong definitely should go first

Based on the claim that every expansion will have something on it by 2020, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a JP expansion sometime after Jurassic World. But Kong definitely should go first

Is it possible they want to see how that movie does first? Could that determine the type of expansion? Of it's successful maybe it becomes more major if it invigorates the franchise and gives it more staying power for more sequels and a new fanbase. Beyond all the current goings on in the parks maybe universal is unsure because it doesn't want to invest in a franchise that isn't active and popular and they want to see what happens with this new movie before officially going forward. I think if the movie is crazy successful it could be a little larger of an expansion than we originally thought.

I think that the real reason may perhaps be that they felt the plans they had for JP were not good enough, so once they had the full plan for Kong, they just decided to do that first and just wait for JP so that they can do something better than what they had originally thought of. With a bit of luck this means that the JP expansion will be more substantial than first planned, perhaps a real high quality wooden rollercoaster that has indoor and outdoor parts ...

Is it possible they want to see how that movie does first? Could that determine the type of expansion? Of it's successful maybe it becomes more major if it invigorates the franchise and gives it more staying power for more sequels and a new fanbase. Beyond all the current goings on in the parks maybe universal is unsure because it doesn't want to invest in a franchise that isn't active and popular and they want to see what happens with this new movie before officially going forward. I think if the movie is crazy successful it could be a little larger of an expansion than we originally thought.

If Jurassic World gets over $175 million DOM, a flat and plain jr. woodie
If Jurassic World gets over $225 million DOM, a SDMT-sized Amber Mine Coaster
If Jurassic World gets over $275 million DOM, a SDMT-sized Amber Mine Coaster and a fully-revamped Discovery Center (with Omnimover dark ride)

That's what I would expect

If Jurassic World gets over $175 million DOM, a flat and plain jr. woodie
If Jurassic World gets over $225 million DOM, a SDMT-sized Amber Mine Coaster
If Jurassic World gets over $275 million DOM, a SDMT-sized Amber Mine Coaster and a fully-revamped Discovery Center (with Omnimover dark ride)

That's what I would expect

lol what are you talking about? I dont think box office gross has ever dictated the size of a theme park expansion, just whether or not a park gets a theme park expansion or not. And even then, merchandise sales are the real deciding factor (Cars/Cars Land anyone?). And even so, the numbers you listed arent very high for a summer blockbuster like Jurassic World.

Status
Not open for further replies.