Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 179 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really think JP needs another E-ticket. Kong is basically taking the place of another JP E-ticket. Trikes can only fit a D-ticket... maybe a carbon copy of Transformers, but I really wouldn't want that for JP.

No jeep tours or Helicoptours :lol: nowhere near enough room. A nice family coaster, a small AA petting zoo, and Omnimover are the most I would expect. Some upgrades to JPRA too.

not to mention IOA will have 9 E-tickets after Kong opens... aside from one in Seuss and one in LC, I don't really think the park needs anymore. C-tickets and D-tickets are what IOA needs.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine if Hotel 5 was JW-themed... :lol: but I definitely think Universal is prepping for a JP expansion, just saving the ideas until the new film comes out next year. It definitely sounds cool!!

Ummm, wouldn't you rather have more E-Tickets? I mean who wouldn't?

- - - Updated - - -

^this

maybe the Discovery Center dark ride if Jurassic World is a gigantic blockbuster ($750 million+ WW)

I have a feeling as long as the reviews are solid and the movie makes a fair amount domestically it will definitely get a new major E-Ticket. I've said it before I really want a family E-Ticket like something along the lines of Thunder Mountain. That ride with Dino's just sounds astounding for all ages lol

- - - Updated - - -

It could just mean they want anything named Jurassic World trademarked for Universal parks only. It could just be a merchandising thing.

Also, am I in the minority that hates the idea of the island being re-branded into Jurassic World? Jurassic Park is a classic and timeless movie and the island should remain that. Just add the family coaster and some new features into the island and call it a day.

Yeah I agree. UNLESS Jurassic World turns out to be a timeless classic itself, I would much rather keep the island themed to Jurassic Park but with some new attractions inspired by JW.

Yeah I agree. UNLESS Jurassic World turns out to be a timeless classic itself, I would much rather keep the island themed to Jurassic Park but with some new attractions inspired by JW.

Yeah, maybe they'll do some re-theming just for the release of the film, then change it back to JP a couple months later. I wouldn't mind that as long as the film is somewhat decent.

Someone's asked me today if I heard about JW overlay for JPA. Told them I didn't hear anything one way or another, any new info?

I feel like Universal has a plan if it is a successful reboot and a plan if it isn't...either way we know something is coming to JP..

While I would like to agree, or be hopeful that they have larger plans for JP, I can't help but feel it's locked in with no room for expansion. Kong on one side, Potter on another.

Ultimately, to see significant changes and expansion at JP they would have to do some serious revamping of the available space, and potentially remove things to make room for others. Time will tell- I have always wanted a nice JP expansion, and after seeing some of what they are doing with JW I am even more hopeful for something big.

While I would like to agree, or be hopeful that they have larger plans for JP, I can't help but feel it's locked in with no room for expansion. Kong on one side, Potter on another.

Ultimately, to see significant changes and expansion at JP they would have to do some serious revamping of the available space, and potentially remove things to make room for others. Time will tell- I have always wanted a nice JP expansion, and after seeing some of what they are doing with JW I am even more hopeful for something big.

Don't forget about the closed triceratops encounter attraction in the middle, that is now the expansion plot for JP.

Something will happen in the Trike Plot, big or small who knows but given Universals expansion plan at its parks its only a matter of time. My money is on they're waiting to see if Jurassic World is a hit or bust before deciding whether to invest 25 Million or 50 Million into a related project. Simple buisiness moves in all reality.

Something will happen in the Trike Plot, big or small who knows but given Universals expansion plan at its parks its only a matter of time. My money is on they're waiting to see if Jurassic World is a hit or bust before deciding whether to invest 25 Million or 50 Million into a related project. Simple buisiness moves in all reality.
And yet they are going full steam ahead with a Skull Island attraction that may or may not tie into the Skull Island/Kong Prequel that Legendary is making without waiting to see if it's a hit.

Based on the buzz the ComiCon teaser got.......it'll be a hit.

And yet they are going full steam ahead with a Skull Island attraction that may or may not tie into the Skull Island/Kong Prequel that Legendary is making without waiting to see if it's a hit.

Based on the buzz the ComiCon teaser got.......it'll be a hit.

This may be a bit anecdotal, but it seemed as if Skull Island didn't generate as much buzz as expected. I barely saw anyone talking it on social media, nor other forums. Also, according to Variety, it didn't go over great in the hall:

No Dinosaurs: After using Comic-Con in 2012, to first announce a “Godzilla” movie, Legendary’s attempt to rally fans around its next monster movie, “Skull Island,” based on King Kong’s home, backfired a bit, especially as a revved up crowd was interested in seeing the first footage of “Jurassic World,” which it is co-financing with Universal. Nothing was presented from the dinopic, leaving audiences seriously underwhelmed and confused.

In a lot of ways it makes sense to see if JW is a hit, but JP is big enough to invest big money into IMO. I feel that waiting is perhaps not to decide the budget, but the theme/style that will be built (JP vs JW). That said, it probably is a budget thing, haha.

Last edited:
In a lot of ways it makes sense to see if JW is a hit, but JP is big enough to invest big money into IMO. I feel that waiting is perhaps not to decide the budget, but the theme/style that will be built (JP vs JW). That said, it probably is a budget thing, haha.

This is how I feel. The Kong attraction will be a hit no matter what this movie does, and with JP waiting to see which direction they want to go with the attractions and themeing.

I don't remember how anyone actually determined this project was Kong, aside from rumor or insider knowledge, so for those in the know is it possible that this ride is being built with the final theme left as an option to be determined later? I can see the overall theme swinging towards Jurassic World or Kong at the last minute based on movie performance next summer. If it is mostly screen based, the story beats could play out the same for the outside portion with the indoor portion still TBD. Kong and Jurassic are similar in terms of location theme so it is plausible that an executive decides to pull the trigger at a later date. Budget the infrastructure and building for this year and put film dev/themeing into next year. It's like when your boss says you have $100 million that needs to be spent before December but your ride costs $150 mil total. What do you do?

I don't remember how anyone actually determined this project was Kong, aside from rumor or insider knowledge, so for those in the know is it possible that this ride is being built with the final theme left as an option to be determined later? I can see the overall theme swinging towards Jurassic World or Kong at the last minute based on movie performance next summer. If it is mostly screen based, the story beats could play out the same for the outside portion with the indoor portion still TBD. Kong and Jurassic are similar in terms of location theme so it is plausible that an executive decides to pull the trigger at a later date. Budget the infrastructure and building for this year and put film dev/themeing into next year. It's like when your boss says you have $100 million that needs to be spent before December but your ride costs $150 mil total. What do you do?

The only thing that has been said that was intriguing was JungleSkip offering that there was a bit of a delay because the attraction wasn't as good as they thought it could be and it was back to the drawing board to plus it. I am sure if I said that wrong, JS will correct me.

Last edited:

Interesting idea but I dont see that happening for a few reasons. One is the hype about a large King Kong animatronic...if this is for sure going to be built, then it's too expensive to just not use in favor of Jurassic. Also, the removal of the JP gates is a big inidcator that that area is getting a remodel--if the theme was pending, I imagine they would have held off on that project. The biggest one (yet the one that has the least evidence for it) is that Universal has a department solely dedicated to ride accounts, wherein contracts, plans, etc are filed and given an account to manage throughout the creative and constructive process. Kong already has a devoted account, and these things are planned so intricately and extensively that I'm not sure major changes like that are even feasible. So I think that it's safe to say that Kong is the final theme.

I know I am going to get flak for this, but...

God I hope Kong gets rethemed into Jurassic Park/Jurassic World.

I love me some Kong, but I love my Jurassic Park all the more. I still think Kong could find a nice home at Disaster, with a major revamp of that ride. I honestly feel that Jurassic Park has a broader casual appeal/drawl, but Kong has a more devoted parkgoing fanbase.

I know I am going to get flak for this, but...

God I hope Kong gets rethemed into Jurassic Park/Jurassic World.

I love me some Kong, but I love my Jurassic Park all the more. I still think Kong could find a nice home at Disaster, with a major revamp of that ride. I honestly feel that Jurassic Park has a broader casual appeal/drawl, but Kong has a more devoted park going fan base.
i like it better where it is going for no other reason than its not replacing anything

The only thing that has been said that was intriguing was JungleSkip offering that there was a bit of a delay because the attraction wasn't as good as they thought it could be and it was back to the drawing board to plus it. I am sure if I said that wrong, JS will correct me.

All I was told is that more money was thrown at the project. Not sure whether that means they went back and added stuff or put things back in the plan that may have been cut at one time.

I still think Kong could find a nice home at Disaster, with a major revamp of that ride.

Sure it could. But it wouldn't be this ride. This ride is so unbelievably better than a simple retrofit of an existing attraction, not to mention a true expansion of a park that really needs it. They made the right call here.

I don't think we really need another E ticket JP ride. A smaller more family friendly ride sure, but I don't think the JP brand is big enough for 2 E Tickets. River Adventure does just fine, and is still a very popular ride in the park.

Bringing Kong back make much more sense. As Kong has always been a huge part of Universal Parks since the beginning. It sounds like he will be coming back, and coming back BIG, which is pretty exciting.

I agree the JP:RA is a popular ride, but I have to disagree about just thinking of JP as a brand. What is smart about the JP area is that, while it does hold itself in the universe of the movies it is also just a cool dinosaur area, whether or not you know the movies. The ride itself is simple, you are touring a dinosaur themepark and the dinos get out, which allows it to be more accessible to those who have no knowledge of the source. Given that statement, I think a living dinosaurs area could easily lend itself to another e-ticket whether or not the new JP movie does well.

I agree the JP:RA is a popular ride, but I have to disagree about just thinking of JP as a brand. What is smart about the JP area is that, while it does hold itself in the universe of the movies it is also just a cool dinosaur area, whether or not you know the movies. The ride itself is simple, you are touring a dinosaur themepark and the dinos get out, which allows it to be more accessible to those who have no knowledge of the source. Given that statement, I think a living dinosaurs area could easily lend itself to another e-ticket whether or not the new JP movie does well.

Well that is what makes it such a strong brand though. But they could want to see how the movie does before deciding which direction they want to take the land.

Status
Not open for further replies.