Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JP-3D.jpg

My few thoughts on JP in general:

1. I really hate this 3-D movie craze. Especially re-releasing older movies just to milk every cent out of moviegoers; ridiculous.
2. Of all the places in JP, Camp Jurassic is the best themed, and should not be touched. If you don't have a kid to ride Pteradon Flyers with, oh well. USF has plenty of adult-suited rides, don't ruin this.
3. Obviously as a coaster fan, I love the WingRider idea. But IOA needs more family-friendy rides. And besides, Busch Gardens will be getting Florida's first WingRider.
4. Regardless of the magnitude of this expansion, I'm just thrilled to see JP getting some much needed love.

A little off topic but I just got back from seeing JP 3D and I was very impressed. The movie was always great but if there was ever a movie made for 3D this is it. It really got me excited for the expansion.

I think that the Amber Mine Coaster and a dark ride would really fill out the Jurassic Park island and may take some of the heat from Harry Potter. Would love to see some announcement about any of the expansions. It's hard on the patience while these parks play coy about announcements. I picture Leslie Nielsen in "The Naked Gun" waving people away from an obvious Harry Potter ride and saying, "Nothing to see here, move along, move along."

I really wish they would consider a roller coaster that is in the lay down position (like Manta at Sea World) for this expansion.

Ok so I just re-read most or the forum...so we are still anticipating an Amber Mine Family Coaster and a dark ride near the discovery center? But what I don't get is when this will open. I think that they would want it to open in Summer 2014 because of the movie, but I can't see it opening during the same season as Potter.

- - - Updated - - -

For what exact reason?

Because that is my favorite coaster ever. And it's a roller-coaster style that is rarely done.

It's rarely done because its more of a fad. Your gonna see Wing Coasters out number flyers 2 to 1 before the next fad is developed.

Ok so I just re-read most or the forum...so we are still anticipating an Amber Mine Family Coaster and a dark ride near the discovery center? But what I don't get is when this will open. I think that they would want it to open in Summer 2014 because of the movie, but I can't see it opening during the same season as Potter.

- - - Updated - - -

Because that is my favorite coaster ever. And it's a roller-coaster style that is rarely done.

I'm pretty sure that the dark ride has been axed and the mine coaster is still happening. I think this expansion has been pushed back to post potter, considering Phase 2 may be opening in 2014 instead of 2015.

It's rarely done because its more of a fad. Your gonna see Wing Coasters out number flyers 2 to 1 before the next fad is developed.

Oh, but it's a FUN fad! I'd like to see a few more built in the US. I'd love to see someone build dueling B&M flyers...but I know it'll never happen. Regarding Universal building a flying coaster, I don't see it happening...especially since Seaworld built Manta 3 miles away from UOR 4 years ago.

I'm pretty sure that the dark ride has been axed and the mine coaster is still happening. I think this expansion has been pushed back to post potter, considering Phase 2 may be opening in 2014 instead of 2015.

HTF seems to think otherwise, based on his earlier postings. He said the dark ride had been axed, but then later said that the scope of the JP project had been expanded (to include the dark ride? He didn't say). He mentioned that construction walls should go up late-summer/early-fall, and also that he's "on the radar" by Universal, so he's laying low with his info until he's told it's safe to tell. I don't blame him one bit.

I personally think that Universal opening a JP expansion next summer at the same time as Potter 2.0 is a brilliant move. It'll give those MOBS of people coming into IOA on the Hogwarts Express something new to do and will help to balance crowd-flow nicely. It'll also (potentially) bring some much-needed family rides into the mix if rumors are to be believed. But then again, what do I know?

Could not see much going on yesterday. Only thing worth shooting was . . .

I believe this is for new queue post cups

JPSurveyMarks-001.jpg

And this one for minor infrastructure repair/upgrade. Maybe water or electrical.

JPSurveyMarks-002.jpg

Correct on the post holes Bob, they've been marked for a few days now :thumbs:

Hi all.
We had a fun Jurassic Park themed day today so I thought I'd share...
Watched a matinee of JP3D IMAX at Citywalk and it was pretty cool.
I was impressed with the 3D, the action was pretty cool, but I was struck most by little things.
The 3D looked really cool when Jeff Goldblum is in the RV and wipes the fog off the windshield and when you're in the jungle. Really fun.
Then we had to go over to JP itself and kind of looked at it with fresh eyes. JP is one of my favorite islands but they need to get moving on the refurb.
An inside joke I have with my SO is about how many torches are working on the main archways. (Both out on TL side - both working on HP side lol)
The ride needs some help though. I actually got to ride JPRA before IOA even opened so I have seen it in A+ mode so I know its potential.
Firstly, the big gates were already open when we went through. The Brachiosaurus (or whatever) was frozen with its neck sideways until we were right next to it, then it went upright.
Of course the second Brachiosaurus is still gone...(you knew there used to be a second one, right?)
The skins on little AAs on the left were all weird and caved in, both stegs and both hadrosaurs worked, but the compys fighting over the shirt were motionless till we were right on top of them. The crate worked but falls really slowly. Inside, both spitters' skins were weird but they did spit. The raptors were all kinds of messed up - all broken necks and what-not. Terrible. The sound during the whole ride is pretty bad as well.
Tiffany worked, but I don't think it was in full A mode and there was hardly any smoke, so she was also motionless until we were pretty close.
Luckily gravity still worked so that's good.
I'm not bashing the ride or Universal...just constructive criticism.
I absolutely love this ride and JP on the whole. It just needs some lovin'.

Not going to lie I love how the Raptors looks with the neck motion that's broken haha they look even more sinister! lol but yes I agree the ride needs work and It will happen soon. And I can't wait for the expansion and see what new attractions or other refurbs are in store!

Of the many times I rode JPRA, it never functioned at 100%, well maybe once lol and There was never a 2nd Brachiosaur in the IOA version. They should add one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.