Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 128 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen the video over at screamscape that shows a prototype mine coaster by dynamic attractions? They say its possible for Gringotts, but Idk. Here's the vid.....[video=youtube;r56nK9PwtEo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=r56nK9PwtEo[/video]
Notice the Pteradon? Any chance this could be something to expect with the JP mine coaster?

Wait, so is this for JP? It looks like it could be contained in a small enough area to work, and the concept seems fantastic.

NOT MINE ORLANDO THEME PARK NEWS IT IS THEIRS

Dino-mite New Games Make Their Debut in Jurassic Park

Jurassic Park now features five fantastic new games for our guests to enjoy! Located between Pizza Predattoria and Jurassic Park River Adventure, these games offer highly-themed appeal and include:
DNA Sequencing – this “Balloon Bust” offers kids and adults the opportunity to pop balloons, where the more balloons they pop... the bigger the prize.
JPAC Target Training – this “Bazooka Blast” tests a player’s ability to aim at a target with the ultimate goal of all cans being knocked off the base.
InGen Egg Nursery - this fishing game lets a player pick three eggs for analyzing to discover which dinosaur is inside the egg.
Dinosaur Dash Up – a head-to-head water race with a minimum of two players.
Hammond’s HotShots – this “Short Shot” tests a player’s ability to make a basket into a hoop. The more baskets they make, the more prizes they win.

Was told today by some Jurassic park team members that they have started demo on trike counter recently, and said a new attraction is supposed to open with the new movie. Not sure if it is true.

Wait, so is this for JP? It looks like it could be contained in a small enough area to work, and the concept seems fantastic.

I hate to piss on anyone's fireworks but this isn't for JP or Gringotts.

It's been doing the rounds for a while. It is believed to be more of a "showreel" for the company showing all the effects they could do.

- - - Updated - - -

Was told today by some Jurassic park team members that they have started demo on trike counter recently, and said a new attraction is supposed to open with the new movie. Not sure if it is true.

What's the footprint of the trike encounter? It's not really big enough for an attraction is it?

9083047d107aa139c779cba095c66746_zps9bf59a18.jpg

Reactions: natespf
I wouldn't mind if they just fixed up the whole entire Trike queue (from the original version) and make the attraction how It was when it first opened. I think
If they fixed up trike, and the WHOLE trail queue it would be a good attraction.

Triceratops Encounter was a good attraction but I associate it with being closed everyday for years so I rather it replaced with something people can actually experience on a day-to-day basis. If having Harry Potter's crowds next door wasn't incentive enough to re-open it, nothing is.

Glad that something is happening, but I am still bummed by the apparent small scale of this expansion.

Thanks, that is a very good explanation. I can see where 5000 small pulses of water per day could do damage over time. How in hell did you know this? Are you in the biz?

I work in the railroad industry and after the last two big storm in New York washing away miles of stone and track bed. While rebuilding the railroad I learned a few things from our resident hydrologist.

^ Ah... there is a wonderful documentary about the original London Bridge of the 17th century (1618) and how prior to, how hard it was for builders to figure out the currents and erosion caused to its supports.

I wish they could find a way to recycle the trikes and install them in River Adventure rather than just discard/cannibalize them, as it would be a much welcome addition...

Orlando Theme Parks news photos
jVsOzfDr0BguQ.JPG

In jurrasic park
jbxyhJfSkJCtRp.JPG

Survey markers
what could this be?

These flags are usually used to mark the location of buried utility lines. You would "designate" the utilities like this if you are either A) about to dig in the area or B) going to survey the locations of existing utilities for design. Since I'm guessing this is for "B", we could assume they are in the process of engineering something now.

Great info Wreck, thanks! I just looked at the USH ultrasaur lagoon again. It does not have the excess space on the rider's left as Orlando does. Much tighter scene over in California.

I have to think that Orlando's gap was intended for something at some point. Again on rider's left behind current ultrasaur

A kind soul gave me a nice confirmation that this space was indeed originally intended for a second ultrasaur. I appreciate that it was cleared up.

Not sure if anyone saw this its the egg nursery game in action , it looks like a great game gonna check them out TOMORROW anyway here it is
It is not my video its attraction magazine AND
InGen Egg Nursery: A unique fishing game where guests pick three eggs for analyzing to discover what kind of dinosaur is inside the egg. The size of the prize depends on the size of the dinosaur in the egg. NOT MINE

[video]https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/32A9CCAD671008920056920477696_1e1758a488b.4.2.9478182053779244848_McSfWemaP08s4NZc__ILarOpjiWgZWySlXcHEQtsk4GWbj6a5VUGryGi4YWPGkdc.mp4?versionId=j.AatEi2KCIXzAk0hXtVaSqxd_ZUowg2[/video]

And found a better video from popsong1
[video=youtube;sFxy3P_E9Jk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sFxy3P_E9Jk[/video]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.