Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 260 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kong 360 scene is basically almost all dino's anyway. So we can just pretend it's a JP attraction. :)

As a big time JP fan, I can say comfortably that they don't scratch the same itch at all.

It is weird they put those lands so close to one another though. But anyhow, the Jurassic franchise just isn't a generic dino-flick, and has a lot of mythology and iconic designs I'd like to see the parks explore.

As a big time JP fan, I can say comfortably that they don't scratch the same itch at all.

It is weird they put those lands so close to one another though. But anyhow, the Jurassic franchise just isn't a generic dino-flick, and has a lot of mythology and iconic designs I'd like to see the parks explore.
Really the only spot they could put it.

Reactions: Mad Dog
It's was the only reasonable expansion pad left... Potter took one, and the only other option was Suess landing... just imagine... or taking down the theater, which would have been a rough transition between Marvel and Toon Lagoon.

Im still bothered why they havent put back the arch! I thought they had taken it down very carefully....

Reactions: Frogki
It's was the only reasonable expansion pad left... Potter took one, and the only other option was Suess landing... just imagine... or taking down the theater, which would have been a rough transition between Marvel and Toon Lagoon.

Im still bothered why they havent put back the arch! I thought they had taken it down very carefully....
They never had plans or intent to put it back.

Reactions: Mike S
Back to Jurassic Park..

In a sense, I can really only imagine two ride concepts for right now (until the sequels come out) that would be a great fit.

1.) An indoor/outdoor covered motorbike coaster themed to the raptor hunt sequence from the first film.

In a strange sense, this would act as an family coaster in the same way Tron does; and it wouldn't require a large track like how Tron is. You can simply theme the bikes based on designs of the Triumph Scramblers (the motorbike used in the film itself) and have it controlled with the ride being a mostly screen-based attraction (with maybe even some Raptor AA's along the vicinity of the track). I could see it in a sense, where the Raptor Encounters are and with the Camp Jurassic area engulfed into the attraction.

Or hell, keep CJ but make it a part of the indoor environment and having it be an unique way to offer shaded kids play with the coaster interacting around the camp itself. I think there is a lot of potential that could come out of it, as it'd be a great addition/ to the park and a great replacement to the flyers in a sense. Plus, you could relocate the raptor puppets and keep them in the indoor environment for indoor M&G's (along with maybe the T-Rex)

2.) Trackless Gyrosphere attraction

Essentially, make it a peaceful family attraction that doesn't replace anything (and can be located on the side closest to Hogsmeade) that is educational of prehistoric life and a people filler. In the terms of how they'd do the Gyrosphere, they could explain simply that there may be some windows that open up to make sure that it's not enclosing you completely; almost like a car in a sense.

Besides that, it'd just be an attraction that people of all ages could go on; almost like an Aquatopia if you will. Just, expanded in layout and having animatronic's within the attraction.

_____

I don't think it's being relocated to the third gate. IOA has always been the home to Jurassic Park; and there are ways they can make it not only more immersive, but with having more experiences for everyone to enjoy in many ways.

A motorbike coaster would be legit. Half indoor with theming and a story, half outdoor roller coaster. I love it.

An interesting tidbit I got the other day was that apparently Disney can't/won't build a copy of Tron coaster in the US because of regulations here. If I had to guess it's probably more because of American body sizes and shapes not being compatible with the restraints than anything. The only one I know of in the US is Pony Express at Knott's and no one else has built one since.

Reactions: Jones14
Makes sense. It's not worth the hassle of explaining to overweight people they can't ride. See FJ. A lot of people on the UOAP group saying why can't they make all rides for big people? Well....

They track the number of folks pulled off FJ at load for not fitting and it's still 50-100 per day, on top of all those the team members weed out at the entrance or within the queue.

So, yeah, it's a legit problem.

Reactions: Clive and Joel
Woah, this thread flared up. Are there new rumors?

I would love a new JP ride. Sadly, I feel like Jurassic Park is basically dead. If IoA gets a new JP ride, they'll also spend a lot of time totally retheming the land to JW.

If they touch Camp Jurassic, I'll be pissed.

About 24 years ago, Hammond should've built the park in Orlando (hurricane radar scene) and Malcolm asked "What they got in there, King Kong?" IOA made it happen. :)

I would love a new JP ride. Sadly, I feel like Jurassic Park is basically dead. If IoA gets a new JP ride, they'll also spend a lot of time totally retheming the land to JW.

The only thing I really liked about Jurassic World when I thought about it later was the parts that were about the old Jurassic Park. I'd rather see them update the current concept.

So I finally watched JW and while the spheres are neat looking on film, they are completely impractical as a real life attraction. Just trying to keep the glass/plexi clean is impossible, let alone keeping it scratch free. Add to that the impossibility of keeping people cool in those things in the Florida sun and it's just not happening unless they could do it indoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.