Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 679 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd heard 180', but who knows if that's a reliable figure or just an estimate.

Not that they really market 'stats' with a big theme park coaster, but if it's over 150' it will be the tallest launch coaster in the state/south east, I believe.

We'll know soon enough...

Reactions: devinp267
I thought it was going to be as close to 200ft as they could possibly get, if not that height. Is 200 or 215 the limit? Makes sense for such a long launch tho, gotta get up somehow!

I mean, the only limit is how fast the launch is. They can make it as tall as they want. Kingda Ka is 456' tall!
I think its different for Orlando due to helicopters and planes flying nearby. I could be wrong on that however but I thought Universal and Disney couldn't build rides over 200 ft. Idk where I heard that.

Reactions: Coasted
I think its different for Orlando due to helicopters and planes flying nearby. I could be wrong on that however but I thought Universal and Disney couldn't build rides over 200 ft. Idk where I heard that.

Disney doesn't build over 200ft because you have to put a blinky red light on structures over 200FT due to aviation laws. Either park can if they want to. Now, I don't think the top hat will be over 200ft, but they could do that if they wanted to

Disney doesn't build over 200ft because you have to put a blinky red light on structures over 200FT due to aviation laws. Either park can if they want to. Now, I don't think the top hat will be over 200ft, but they could do that if they wanted to
Ah that makes sense then. Well, hoping this is closer to 200 than not.

I thought UOR weren't allowed to build over 200ft.

I forget the exact reason but something to do with city limits, SeaWorld is in a different area so they can and Disney set their own rules.

Was this not also a big talking point about the Poler Coaster being allowed to build so tall and how EU won't have the same restrictions that UOR currently has.

Reactions: Andysol
I was under the "180ft" impression as well, but I also do recall rumors of there being an adjustment. Either way, if launch 2 is at or around 75mph, the tophat needs to be around 160-180 feet otherwise they'd have to trim brake the hell outta the top of it. At least that's what my NoLimits experimentation would have me believe.

I was under the "180ft" impression as well, but I also do recall rumors of there being an adjustment. Either way, if launch 2 is at or around 75mph, the tophat needs to be around 160-180 feet otherwise they'd have to trim brake the hell outta the top of it. At least that's what my NoLimits experimentation would have me believe.

75 would give it the record for fastest multilaunch still, right?

I thought UOR weren't allowed to build over 200ft.

There were concepts for a Jurassic Park Hypercoaster at one point, so I'm not sure.

It was rumored to be over 200 feet pretty early on, then not, so while we may have assumed it was changed, it might have just been an incorrect rumor in the first place... (or early info coming from a non-finalized blue sky concept stage).

Reactions: RFRees
Status
Not open for further replies.