Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 785 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of off topic from the Ospreys...

I know it's rumored that we are gonna be launched into the Raptor cage. My mind keeps thinking about those poor Raptors having to deal with a high speed rollercoaster launching all day every day into their habitat. Like what if they get struck by a moving car? What if guests end up dropping things into the habitat?

I can't imagine Claire Dearing and her Dinosaur Protection Group would be too fond of this attraction!

This whole situation reminds me of the gators on Montu...

Plus the fact that launching guests into a raptor cage sounds like a huge liability for Jurassic World. What if a guest somehow gets attacked?
-----
Please forgive my in universe rant(this pandemic has left me with too much time on my hands). These are the questions that keep me up at night :lol: I overthink everything

It’s perfectly safe. No different that the Dolphin Plunge at Aquatica.
42565B55-6294-481E-8FFC-E0AAE87EE547.jpeg

Photo Update: Work continues on the Jurassic Park Coaster and #OspreyWatch is now in full effect.

I wonder if we’re meant to stay within the cage tunnel to see the raptors, but something goes wrong?
Something goes wrong...where have I heard that one before?!? Haha

Claire and Owen send the car too the maintenance bay in an act of Dino Justice! The maintenance bay track happens to go through the Raptor pen :lol:

Idk maybe its just me but I always imagined us being sent out with the Raptor Squad cause the Indominus is out of containment. Just the idea of the park out of control would tie in nicely with RA next door

Reactions: redy2468
I personally have no problem with the "something goes wrong" plot device. It's no different than the majority of cinema. In film and television, drama ignites when something unexpected happens to the protagonist. Action & Sci-Fi films in particular require something to not go according to plan to spark the driving drumbeat of the plot.

Something unexpected = drama. Something going horribly wrong = action. The best laid plans of mice and men will all come crashing down again... in theater, novels, films and (for that matter) real life eventually. Theme park rides (particularly Universal rides) are all about being there when the plans crash and burn (safely).

A Jurassic Park / World ride without anything going wrong simply wouldn't be true to the source material. Bring this ride on! :)

In the source material Jurassic World had been operational for years with no significant issues until the Indominus Rex ;)
I always thought it would be more interesting if the park was fine and Ingen tried to steal the dinos to weaponize them

I did admire the haunted house take from the last move though...It was such an odd tone

Either way, "something goes wrong" works well for Universal tbh

I always thought it would be more interesting if the park was fine and Ingen tried to steal the dinos to weaponize them

I did admire the haunted house take from the last move though...It was such an odd tone

Either way, "something goes wrong" works well for Universal tbh
I enjoyed the last film for the horror movie that it was. That's what the Jurassic franchise is at it's heart. It's a well crafted horror film with Dino's as the monsters that is at it's best when the action gets confined to small spaces. The kitchen scene in Jurassic Park is one of the best horror scenes of all time. The house idea in the last film had some elements of that.

Reactions: shiekra38
I was wondering if there is a "rule" or something that should prevent from themed elements covering part of a ride system (like the pillar in this photo) due to safety and maintenance?
EfvdcXjXoAMdDAb

Status
Not open for further replies.