Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say, probably at least friendly-er than the last new coaster at least. Maybe even better than Hulk, at least in chest dimension restriction that is.
Having ridden this style restraint and seat combo previously, as well as being a larger person, I'm comfortable in saying that it's night and day difference from Hulk. The seat buckets are wider than Hulk, and the lap bars have a different locking mechanism than what B&M uses, so it's not relying on ratchet points for locks. The smooth hydraulic lock allows it to lock to specific body sizes. All that combined with the fact that the over-the-shoulder lap bars don't interfere with tall person shins like you'd see on something from a company like Premier's lap bars makes for a rather accessible coaster.

Having ridden this style restraint and seat combo previously, as well as being a larger person, I'm comfortable in saying that it's night and day difference from Hulk. The seat buckets are wider than Hulk, and the lap bars have a different locking mechanism than what B&M uses, so it's not relying on ratchet points for locks. The smooth hydraulic lock allows it to lock to specific body sizes. All that combined with the fact that the over-the-shoulder lap bars don't interfere with tall person shins like you'd see on something from a company like Premier's lap bars makes for a rather accessible coaster.
Is it a knee squeezer like Mummy or Hagrid?

I don’t like the narrow seats of Hulk, so this is good to hear

Is it a knee squeezer like Mummy or Hagrid?
The lap bar pulls down over your head like an over-the-shoulder restraint, then sits on your thigh/lap area. Knees and shins will be free to dangle about the cabin.

Edit: here's a link to Intamin's page on the Taron seats, which are identical- minus the Velocicoaster lights on the headrest.
New Ride Concept Taron - Intamin Amusement Rides

I'd say, probably at least friendly-er than the last new coaster at least. Maybe even better than Hulk, at least in chest dimension restriction that is.

Well I mean it’s all around the waist. If you have a large waist then you could have issues.

The new ergonomically formed seat with over-the-shoulder lap bars, is seating kids from 130cm as well as “big boys” up to 135kg most safely and at the same time highly comfortable in this ‘all in one’ seat. There is no need to equip the train with special dedicated “big boy seats” negatively affecting operations, the hourly capacity of the ride and the personal feelings of some guests.
  • The seat design allows highly comfortable seating while keeping the upper body in position even at extreme lateral accelerations without obstruction of the view (compared to competitors).
  • The restraint padding offers soft, big contact areas to upper legs guaranteeing high comfort seating even during extreme uplifting g-forces.
  • The lap bar system enhances the ride experience on Taron without rigid fastening of the guest into a restraint system.
  • The seat design and consequently arrangement results in a larger than usual distance between the seat rows, which further increases the feeling of comfort and enhances the ride experience.

Suffice it to say, if you're in the 300 pound range Intamin says you're fine. It all comes down to personal dimensions though. I'm 6'1" and around 250 pounds. I fit perfectly on Mummy and Hagrid, but have to use Hulk's big-boy seats.

Suffice it to say, if you're in the 300 pound range Intamin says you're fine. It all comes down to personal dimensions though. I'm 6'1" and around 250 pounds. I fit perfectly on Mummy and Hagrid, but have to use Hulk's big-boy seats.
I'm at (Austin) 316 as we talk, and presently training for a walking half marathon. If I don't fit at preview, I will by Thanksgiving.

I'm at (Austin) 316 as we talk, and presently training for a walking half marathon. If I don't fit at preview, I will by Thanksgiving.
Good on ya. You've got this! I've had concerns about fitting Iron Gwazi, so I picked up a new hobby of kayaking and combined with an organized diet for the first time in my life I'm actually seeing some results. Got to the point that I couldn't fit on Mako anymore and that inspired me more than anything before.

Well I mean it’s all around the waist. If you have a large waist then you could have issues.
Which is why I said chest dimensions specifically. I imagine better than Hagrid for legs. Better than hulk for chest. Both of which have been issues for me in the past. Waist is still dependent on the restraint and remains to be seen.

Thanks for the info!

I am my companies sponsor for the JASMYN Strides for Pride 5K later this month, hoping my training ensures I can fit as it has been decades since I "ran" a 5K. I am a Type 1 Diabetic so diet can be a bit of a struggle when I have to eat pure sugar when my blood sugar drops low. Thank you @RevFreako and @WillQ92 for the inspiration. I got my annual pass on March 30th (after not renewing because of the covid risk to diabetics) so am very much looking forward to Velocicoaster, Hagride, and Bourne!

Status
Not open for further replies.