KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. So in terms of "places I see once and don't return to" it'll basically be a lateral move to new play areas.

Correct!

I would have preferred if Universal took the approach of expanding the area's appeal to all-ages while still satisfying the mandate of giving kids (and everyone) things to do. Like they were going to do when Nintendo was destined for the area.

Ok. So in terms of "places I see once and don't return to" it'll basically be a lateral move to new play areas.
Will the level of theming for these new play areas be commensurate with the current play areas, or will they be more like the play areas at Islands?

Wow this project is already shaping up to be more substantial than some initially thought. I’m excited to see what they have planned for this area.

I know flat rides are hard to get excited for in general, but they’re so cheap to build (for anyone that isn’t Disney) and I really feel they should add a few to add some additional experiences in a park that’s lacking in many areas.

The spinner in Simpsons Land queue shows the demand for this sort of experience

I was also amazed that Disney didn’t add some additional capacity to Toy Story Land with some more flats. They seem to have done this better at DCA filling in more available space on the pier and surrounding areas with rides.

Last edited:
I know flat rides are hard to get excited for in general, but they’re so cheap to build (for anyone that isn’t Disney) and I really feel they should add a few to add some additional experiences in a park that’s lacking in many areas.

The spinner in Simpsons Land queue shows the demand for this sort of experience

I was also amazed that Disney didn’t add some additional capacity to Toy Story Land with some more flats. They seem to have done this better at DCA filling in more available space on the pier and surrounding areas with rides.

I 100% agree, but that isn't this project (to my understanding). Sorry.

How long was the Kidzone curse around? I feel like it's been a decade of 'substantiated' speculation, and "it's about to happen after HHN" talk.

With dedicated meet and greet areas, well themed, and within their respective areas.
This is the best thing I've heard about this area recently. I'm not a meet and greet person by any means, but this will get a lot of people into this area of the park, which is the best I can ask for in an area with attractions I'm not necessarily interested in (yet).

Reactions: Mad Dog
The Ice Age exploration concept was drawn up around 2012! A DreamWorks Animation exploration concept was drawn up around 2013/2014. This has been going on FOREVER!
I can’t wait for the 2050’s when we are all begging for this Dreamworks thing coming to leave after it’s over stayed it’s welcome and better and new concepts get cut or go elsewhere.

The curse will never leave us, this is just its next journey.

• Haha
Reactions: anihilnation
Status
Not open for further replies.