King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite "kong" memory was actually from HHN. When they opened up the floor of Kong as a "walk through" attraction. The AA looked even larger standing on the floor. Really cool.

Well there aren't any giant AAs anymore, I can't even think of any that work or are in use now. Maybe Ursula but that's a stretch

Don't forget about the dinosaurs, at both Disney and Universal. The bigger size gives more room to work with, but the added weight needs to be counteracted to give fluid movement. Kong was actually built with much more movements that needed to be scraped to improve reliability. But I would say they could build a new Kong that is lighter than the older ones, and designed around the specific movements needed.

Don't forget about the dinosaurs, at both Disney and Universal. The bigger size gives more room to work with, but the added weight needs to be counteracted to give fluid movement. Kong was actually built with much more movements that needed to be scraped to improve reliability. But I would say they could build a new Kong that is lighter than the older ones, and designed around the specific movements needed.

Oh yeah forgot about Tiffany and the carnosaurous, those are great AAs. Well I'm almost positive this new kong AA will be lightweight and way more relabable. It's insane how fast technology changes and how something plagued with problems can be updated and new 25 years later. Hopefully this AA is a real wow moment in the ride

About this King Kong animatronic...its been confirmed that this is happening? We do know for sure the finale is supposed to use Kong 360 technology...so I dont see how this ride would work with a Kong AA. I mean, that would be pretty anti-climactic right? Seeing a cool real-life King Kong only to then go through a big screen-tunnel and see him in 2-D for the finale would be sorta weird I think. If theres been confirmation of animatronics, I would assume theyre bugs or something along the way. If theres a Kong animatronic that should be the finale in my opinion.

Who says they couldn't put an AA in the 360 tunnel and use 3D as well?

About this King Kong animatronic...its been confirmed that this is happening? We do know for sure the finale is supposed to use Kong 360 technology...so I dont see how this ride would work with a Kong AA. I mean, that would be pretty anti-climactic right? Seeing a cool real-life King Kong only to then go through a big screen-tunnel and see him in 2-D for the finale would be sorta weird I think. If theres been confirmation of animatronics, I would assume theyre bugs or something along the way. If theres a Kong animatronic that should be the finale in my opinion.

Rumor that I was told is that the physical Kong will be the final scene as a "goodbye" type scene.

lol...at Kong waving goodbye. Maybe they will use the passport system from ET and he will growl your name at the end..ha ha...

Rumor that I was told is that the physical Kong will be the final scene as a "goodbye" type scene.

That's good enough for me. After an epic battle and adventure, we finally get to see the big guy in the flesh, face to face...maybe beating his chest and growling in victory...or hanging off the Empire State Building...it'd be worth it.

I get the sinking feeling that this Kong animatronic is going to go the way of the Optimus Prime and Bumblebee animatronics...

I get the sinking feeling that this Kong animatronic is going to go the way of the Optimus Prime and Bumblebee animatronics...

Well Kong is easier to do than a Transformer I would assume...so I could see Kong happening before O Prime

BTW I would argue that the best animatronic attraction would be JAWS...from the build up before you saw him to the encounters with him..that animatronic was intimidating..I would have been afraid to put one toe in the Amity Lagoon knowing full well that JAWS was an animatronic and couldn't hurt me...So, in my opinion if you rode JAWS you rode the best animatronic ride Universal has ever done...everything else was second best

Last edited:

That seems to be the trend lately with Transformers and Gringotts. We expect AAs and then until the first rides are done, we find out no AAs.

That seems to be the trend lately with Transformers and Gringotts. We expect AAs and then until the first rides are done, we find out no AAs.

Except, you know, all those AAs in the queue.

- - - Updated - - -

There are supposed to be AAs on this ride, but I don't think a Kong AA was actually confirmed.

Nothing's been confirmed because nothing's been announced yet.

Well Kong is easier to do than a Transformer I would assume...so I could see Kong happening before O Prime

BTW I would argue that the best animatronic attraction would be JAWS...from the build up before you saw him to the encounters with him..that animatronic was intimidating..I would have been afraid to put one toe in the Amity Lagoon knowing full well that JAWS was an animatronic and couldn't hurt me...So, in my opinion if you rode JAWS you rode the best animatronic ride Universal has ever done...everything else was second best

Jaws did have the best overall AAs I definitely agree with you. Used to have nightmares about falling in that lagoon lol

- - - Updated - - -

Probably beating his chest or something.
That's what I want, that'd be the perfect way to end a ride basically saying "phew got out of there" by the way the disappearing tour guide still boggles my mind. How will she/he come back for the last part....or will he/she?

I've got to disagree with you guys about Jaws, I can't be the only one that doesn't think a fiberglass (sic) shark being propelled through water via external means is a marvelous AA. Each did one movement, and each movement was a different shark. It benefited by only popping up for a second or two at a time. Thought I would say the ride was an excellent example of storytelling, it did not matter that you saw very little of the shark(s) the excitement was there. (except when the water was too low and you could tell there was no rest of the shark lol)

Still doesn't mean they're in the ride. :lol:

I would be down for a Kong AA in the queue. Possibly in a giant cage, but when you get in the ride he escapes and you need to get away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.