King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 108 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Comcast has money set aside for Universal to open something new every year, starting with Transformers for 2013, DA for 2014. So 2015 isn't out of the question...they could start going vertical with construction in the next month, and it all just goes from there.

Comcast has money set aside for Universal to open something new every year, starting with Transformers for 2013, DA for 2014. So 2015 isn't out of the question...they could start going vertical with construction in the next month, and it all just goes from there.

That is correct. I had forgotten that they had announced that.

I may be stating the obvious, but I'll bet that Universal will have a big press event later this year an announce a 12-17 month long 25th Anniversary Celebration.

In the world of theme parks, you can only grab the attention of the national news media once in a while, and what you do has to be big. So I predict they will throw all the major announcements into this one press event. They start off with a sizzle reel recapping this history of Universal, a few "2015" clips from Back to the Future for laughs, etc. Then they will recap the incredible success they have had with HP, Cabana Bay, etc.

Then, they will move onto the new stuff. They will announce the "museum" exhibit, they will announce some sort of Jurassic World thing (I don't know if it's an attraction or a show, but there will be some sort of tie-in), they will announce the water park, they will announce the new hotel, and they will announce Kong. (Side note: the marketing team has their work cut out for them since many casual visitors still think Kong never left).

My point is that all this stuff will be announced at one big media event and rolled into some sort of year-long celebration.

No insider information, just my opinion.

Well I know people say otherwise but I think it would be smart if they pulled a Disney and just announced what they're doing for 2015 and 2016 at the same time. They already did it with Hollywood and a press conference or livestream like that would probably make people cry with joy. Just saying

They should announce Kong and any kind of
Jurassic World additions first. Then once Disney announces Star Wars land they should immediately announce any Star Trek plans.

So if Kong is now opening in 2016, I wonder what the plan is for 2015? Something very small (like the Garden of Allah Museum in USF) and then two BIG attractions in 2016 with Kong in IOA and the Kidzone replacement in USF?

Seems kind of sad to have nothing major for the 25th Anniversary!

With how quick they got Transformers up, I don't think a 2015 opening is too crazy. But since that was basically just a SpiderMan replica and they already had the layout probably helped. This seems like something entirely different than anything else. Really looking forward to an announcement to see what this is gonna be

I say we get a confirmation of Kong soon after HHN for 2016 and then a possible Shrek replacement for 2015? I would say 2016 is when you know what is going to hit the fan because we should have both Kong, and possible Star Trek replacing Kidzone opening, and announcements for SF replacement, water park, and third gate. Yes, I said it, I think they will release confirmation in late 2016 about a third gate when they announce the water park. They announced IOA before they ever started construction. So with a possible 2020 opening date for the third gate, 2016 would be a perfect timeline for that announcement as well. Things are really starting to get WILD at Universal!

Disneyhead seems to be the one who's heard anything substantial about a third gate, and he was saying October, 2021 last time he said anything about it. 2020 seems a tad soon. Furthermore, I'm not holding my breath on such a park ever being built. I'm not saying it's not happening, but I'm not holding my breath until we have something more concrete in the news/rumor department. Right now, it's just too far away and I've heard whispers (no idea if they're true or not) that Universal is having a harder time acquiring more land than they thought they would. I'm not putting any stock in that rumor either...I'm just enjoying what the next few years are bringing and waiting for more news on what's coming in the distant future.

I think the confusion is that we equate Universal desiring or dreaming to build a third park with Universal actively planning a third park.
In reality though, I think their true focus is to take what they have now and to keep on working on it and maximizing all of its potential.

Their immediate and short term goals are to bring the 2 existing parks up to their max potential. Their long term goal is a resort build out to include more hotels, at least one waterpark, and a third theme park.

Massive foundations are already starting to be poured for Kong in the trenches that are dug about 15-20 feet. It seems most utility infrastructures have been laid too!

skull_island__the_ride_by_michael_chenlin-d3f0ag8.jpg

I have no idea what this is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.