Knott's Berry Farm | Inside Universal Forums
  • As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to impact everywhere, we understand our users will have a lot of questions about how it affects the theme parks. We are entering unprecedented waters, and honestly, the answer is either "yea, probably", or "Too early to tell". We just don't know specifics until the theme parks give us an answer. At this time, we're asking to please leave the COVID talk to the appropriate COVID threads, and if something officially and specifically is impacted by a closure, then we can discuss it further in the respective threads. Thank you!

Knott's Berry Farm

Ryan

Staff member
May 23, 2013
Looks like a gorgeous upgrade even if Bigfoot looks a little... off.

Clive

aka Fallow
Staff member
May 26, 2010
I'm livid. Mystery Lodge better return for at least a final, announced performance run if they plan to shutter it (which they absolutely shouldn't).

JaySalahi

Rookie
Mar 1, 2013
Hollywood California
Sad... but this is GREAT, ive legit dreamed of this since I was 11 everything Knotts is doing I dreamed up as a kid (knott's was my home park, old user name handle everywhere was Knottslover77)

Re-do Big foot. Take out Mystery lodge (dont wanna see it go but what can you do) and connect that area to the Ghostrider area.

So many little things as a kid I dreamed of happening to knotts have happened in the last few years. Even stuff I dreamed up like taking out the basketball game next too the wilderness lodge and adding themeing and a tree instead. they did it.

Im loving it.

Rideguy70

Feb 17, 2016
Los Angeles
You know, as an AP, it's a show I often skip (sort of like Lincoln at Disneyland)... you just kind of forget about it. But I had fortunately done it twice in the last year, and story-wise, it still totally holds up. One of the best written theme park shows out there.

At the same time, I was thinking it's getting to be time to upgrade the effects. When it first came out, a lot of people believed it was real smoke. By today's standards, it's pretty obvious right off the bat. I wonder if this is just an effects upgrade.

On a separate note, I made a side case some time ago that Knott's needs a Vekoma Mad House. It would be a very unique attraction (especially on the West Coast), very family friendly, doesn't take up much space, and they could theme it in line with the old Haunted Shack, where the house was built over the "center of gravity". Is that not genius or not? Get on that, Knott's.

Freak

Veteran Member
Jan 10, 2013
No man's land: SoCal
I would be totally down for an effects upgrade. Just think of what they could do with digital mapping in the Preston.

You know, as an AP, it's a show I often skip (sort of like Lincoln at Disneyland)... you just kind of forget about it. But I had fortunately done it twice in the last year, and story-wise, it still totally holds up. One of the best written theme park shows out there.

At the same time, I was thinking it's getting to be time to upgrade the effects. When it first came out, a lot of people believed it was real smoke. By today's standards, it's pretty obvious right off the bat. I wonder if this is just an effects upgrade.

On a separate note, I made a side case some time ago that Knott's needs a Vekoma Mad House. It would be a very unique attraction (especially on the West Coast), very family friendly, doesn't take up much space, and they could theme it in line with the old Haunted Shack, where the house was built over the "center of gravity". Is that not genius or not? Get on that, Knott's.
I LOVE this idea. Just experienced Hex at Alton Towers several days ago and it’s a very cool ride! I didn’t realize the seats actually tilt. I think this might be a bit costly for CF’s budget and doubt they would have the space to cram it into ML’s showbuilding, but I would totally be down for this.

Reactions: Rideguy70

Ryan

Staff member
May 23, 2013
Yeah I've been going back and forth. A GR clerk confirming the show being removed seems questionable when Knott's is stating it's under refurb. I guess stay tuned?

Aug 12, 2018
Years of rumors about this wonderful attraction being removed. Looks like it's happening for real. But guys... Come on. Give us one last chance to experience it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clive and Freak

Ryan

Staff member
May 23, 2013
Or at least have knott's go in with professional camera equipment to capture the show and put it online or something. It's such a dang beautiful story
Or better yet, reach out to BRC! I bet they have an excellent filming of the show.

Stryker

Feb 22, 2018
So Cal
I last went on Mystery Lodge in April or May and they skipped the preshow entirely. Wonder if that was any indication that they were already winding down operations of this attraction. Even if the rumors of it closing is true, I don't understand why they couldn't keep it open until absolutely necessary for the rumored expansion.