Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

They still have a Lost World arcade game. A rare specimen :p  , it's a shame that Jurassic Park arcade games are an endangered species these days.
Yeah, if I remember right, its located in the mexican themed land? And yes, they are extremely endangered, I have noticed... Knott's is one of the few places that I have found where they have not gone 'extinct' already.

http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-trb-knotts-berry-farm-voyage-iron-reef-20141113-story.html?nrfd#page=1

Well that was early.

This definitely is not Guardian... looks like diet Transformers crossed with Buzz Lightyear. It's the same team as Guardian, but it looks to have a slightly higher budget and the KBF team that helped make Calico and the Timber Mountain redos are decorating the sets. No animatronics though, sadly. 

This is one I'm going to have to wait to see the final product for.
Wow...Well, I guess they can advertise this one to the kids? That's what I mainly see the market for this one as being.

Very excited to see how this turns out. But Jon was right, funny how even in the article Knotts mentions it doesn't want to be compared too much to its deep pocketed theme park neighbors when it comes to this new ride haha.

Will it be all in doors or partially outside as well?

Very excited to see how this turns out. But Jon was right, funny how even in the article Knotts mentions it doesn't want to be compared too much to its deep pocketed theme park neighbors when it comes to this new ride haha.

Will it be all in doors or partially outside as well?
Haha you apparently missed the tweet where Triotech told the LA Times aside from Knotts that Iron Reef will completely "outdo" everything at DLR and USH. I can just see Matt Ouimet calling them up and saying "uhhh yeah shut up?"

Also it'll be all indoors aside from the semi-outdoor loading platform. No coaster drops like Guardian.

So are they going to have a coaster portion?

It looks like an extended version of King Kong to be frank. Let's see what Knott's can do.

So are they going to have a coaster portion?

It looks like an extended version of King Kong to be frank. Let's see what Knott's can do.
 A coaster portion could be fun. Like a 3D ride mixed with a coaster would be interesting for sure.

Haha you apparently missed the tweet where Triotech told the LA Times aside from Knotts that Iron Reef will completely "outdo" everything at DLR and USH. I can just see Matt Ouimet calling them up and saying "uhhh yeah shut up?"

Also it'll be all indoors aside from the semi-outdoor loading platform. No coaster drops like Guardian.
I don't have a twitter account ;)

But hey, I say "bring it on". Nothing wrong with striving for the starts to promote friendly competition. Only ones who benefit are us, the consumers and guests. I'm very excited.

Nice to finally hear an official announcement. So here are my thoughts about this ride:

First off, CALLED IT! Did so before we found out officiallty that Triotech was involved. **Pats self on the back and gets a cookie out of the jar**

Now onto the ride itself. While I am excited for this ride, I can understand where all of the negativity towards this ride is coming from. Yeah, it's not KoD or Bear-y Tales 2.0, but I like the concept that's involved. There will be themed sets, so that will put it far above Guardian right there. Being that this is the same concept as Transformers but with guns shooting at the screens, I may actually enjoy this than Transofrmers. This will either be bland or really fun. Hopefully this will be our remedy for MIB. Also, I can see why animatronics are not involved and I support their decision for doing so. It would look awkward and out-of-place for the on-screen footage. Hopefully whatever new addition they'll have will be animatronic-heavy. Can we get Bear-y Tales 2.0?

I think Jeff Tucker may have had some creative input on this ride. He did write the Sixth Key, which is a book series that is steampunk-heavy.

This completes Ouimet's family-centric retrofit of the park so I'm extremely curious what is next on Knott's agenda for 2016. Will they take the year off or will Ouimet throw a bone to thrill seekers and finally build a new coaster. Or maybe continue on the path of redesigning, take a page from Six Flags and give Ghost Rider an RMC redo?

I think I'm the only one who isn't very excited for this. Shooting 4D underwater steampunk creatures with laser guns? I hope I'm wrong, and forgive me if I sound harsh, but this just sounds plain odd.

This completes Ouimet's family-centric retrofit of the park so I'm extremely curious what is next on Knott's agenda for 2016. Will they take the year off or will Ouimet throw a bone to thrill seekers and finally build a new coaster. Or maybe continue on the path of redesigning, take a page from Six Flags and give Ghost Rider an RMC redo?
I hope they're not done. They have more than enough crazy coasters. They need a few more family rides and dark rides and themeing.

I think I'm the only one who isn't very excited for this. Shooting 4D underwater steampunk creatures with laser guns? I hope I'm wrong, and forgive me if I sound harsh, but this just sounds plain odd.
I'm not "excited" for it, but I'm just happy Knotts is getting something that isn't a steel coaster.

With that said, no, I'm not actually excited, simply because

A. I'm over shooting rides. I actually prefer the story unwrapping in front of me, not me just shooting at something.

B. I.am.tired.of.simulators.

i really like how this is a unique Knotts Berry Farm attraction. Seems like everyone involved really cares and wants to make the best ride possible. That makes me more excited for it than the new Six Flags Justice League ride, even though that one has some good AA (and we all know that they will stop working properly after a year) it seems to lack a good story and heart. Heart is something Knotts has in spades, especially recently. 

The entirety of Knott in the 2000's was just it going through an edgy trying to be cool phase. 

Went to Knott's the other day and was pleasently surprised that I enjoyed myself.  Crowd's were present and lines were 40 minutes +, but it didn't feel cramped and congested like USH.  Plus Knott's has a Magic Mountain knockoff quality with a good mixture of theme going for them.  Carnival games work at Knott's, not at USH.

Crazy crowded at the park today... went today. 10:30, went to Ghostrider for the 'first' ride....took two hour queue...then we got off at 1, for the chicken dinner, took an hour to be seated, and an hour and a half to eat. Got back in the park, everyone was full and lines were crazy for everything. Didn't go on any of the rides because let me put it this way...even the line for the Pony Express was looking crazy long and nobody in my party wanted to get on anything. So at around 5 we left. 

Eh....but not after making a vow to go on the off-season next time and not the weekend after christmas.