Lower Lot Redesign | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I actually know what’s going to go on ss28 & ss22/25 also almost every sound stage on the lower lot is going to go and the mummy is also leaving next year, no later then early 2020. Jurassic World is only the beginning to the massive beautiful change to come on the lower lot.

Wasn't that stage never used for anything other than storing the Phantom sets and wasn't it also in quite a state of dissrepair? Could be wrong but that might be why it went 'early' or it could be that plans changed after?

I know this has been mentioned quite a few times already, but I firmly believe that USH needs a new indoor coaster (either a far-along work in progress or preferably, as unlikely as it seems, a newly built one) before demolishing Mummy. Every person I know who is considered GP has gotten really upset when I mentioned Mummy's likely closure, and it's mainly because they claim that it's one of Universal's only non-screen thrill rides. USH fans often ridicule Mummy and hope for its upcoming closure while forgetting that in the eyes of the GP, it's still one of the best and strongest rides in a screen-dominated park, and its closure will hurt if there is no supplement for it yet.

I know this has been mentioned quite a few times already, but I firmly believe that USH needs a new indoor coaster (either a far-along work in progress or preferably, as unlikely as it seems, a newly built one) before demolishing Mummy. Every person I know who is considered GP has gotten really upset when I mentioned Mummy's likely closure, and it's mainly because they claim that it's one of Universal's only non-screen thrill rides. USH fans often ridicule Mummy and hope for its upcoming closure while forgetting that in the eyes of the GP, it's still one of the best and strongest rides in a screen-dominated park, and its closure will hurt if there is no supplement for it yet.

Allow me, to bud in.

I love Mummy, and think that it's a fun attraction. However, regardless of chit-chat that I hear from friends and contacts, do think that Mummy needs to go. It opens up so much space, and allows Universal to expand their offerings for future, especially if SNW does have what I have heard in the past. I love RoTM, and think that you'll find more people that do enjoy the attraction here than others. But that I do think that we need to see growth, and considering that Orlando had to deal with something simlar with the sense via Jaws closure back in 2012.

Also, and allow me to be blunt, Revenge of The Mummy, was a by-product of a period of time from Post 9/11 that aimed to encourage park growth. And that, if anyone was lucky to listen to the IU Mike Sington episode back in the heyday of Pre-Merger, did mention that Mummy was going to be so much more than what it was back in 2004.

Growth and pain are things that can sometimes come into play at similar circumstances. And trust me, if there was another way that Mummy can go with another thing filling in for that right now, I would love that. But, that with the goal of the past few years transforming well over 75% of the park to become something more than it was back in 2010 means we lose an form of thrill attraction for a small gap of time, then I am fine with that. As long as what SNW brings, can fill that void.

I'm happy to hear DK is most likely coming to our version. That will make up for the loss of Mummy.

What's weird is that once Mummy goes, Space Mountain at DL will literally be the only themed indoor coaster on the entire West Coast.

I'm happy to hear DK is most likely coming to our version. That will make up for the loss of Mummy.

What's weird is that once Mummy goes, Space Mountain at DL will literally be the only themed indoor coaster on the entire West Coast.

I just hope for the most part DK is at least stay indoors due to the complex of the structures involved.

I just hope for the most part DK is at least stay indoors due to the complex of the structures involved.

If you look at what @AliciaStella has mentioned, the outdoors portion will help drive people over to the attraction, making it as a nice keystone element of that area for their version.

If we are getting DK in some form for Hollywood, as per my contacts, I would expect similar.

Out of curiosity, would SNW be open for Halloween Horror Nights? I hope so, considering I could go into my favorite Nintendo stuff without having to hassle through the HHN long lines.

Out of curiosity, would SNW be open for Halloween Horror Nights? I hope so, considering I could go into my favorite Nintendo stuff without having to hassle through the HHN long lines.

It's a fair question to bring up.

In the next few years, once demolition begins on Mummy and the SS cluster, one would expect that work will have to change how HHN takes people to the Metro Sets (along with adding new maze venues in the process..).

Once SNW opens, I think it'll be unlikely for the first year, but could open up slowly after.

Still curious about whatelse will come to the LL. If we look forward to 2022 (or whenever SNW opens) we should have:
1 Water ride - Jurassic World
1 Rollercoaster - DK
1 3D Dark Ride - Transformers
1 Augmented reality racing ride - Mario Kart

What is the LL missing? A show (Bourne?) Perhaps a new JW ride based on what is planned for Beijing?

Does anyone think the changes to plans made recently will lead to even more soundstages being taken out?

Reactions: SOCAL110
Holy Smokes! I just saw the night parade that USJ is getting. It's a BEAUTIFUL parade! It reminds a bit of Paint the Night at Disneyland. Imagine getting something like this in the lower lot or even a 2nd gate. It would really take USH to whole another level.

Reactions: LJGonz
Still curious about whatelse will come to the LL. If we look forward to 2022 (or whenever SNW opens) we should have:
1 Water ride - Jurassic World
1 Rollercoaster - DK
1 3D Dark Ride - Transformers
1 Augmented reality racing ride - Mario Kart

What is the LL missing? A show (Bourne?) Perhaps a new JW ride based on what is planned for Beijing?

Does anyone think the changes to plans made recently will lead to even more soundstages being taken out?

I believe we're also getting a Yoshi dark ride for the kiddos. The mystery right now is what's going to soundstages 22-25?

An insider on here said it was definitely a ride.

I love to see everyone's take on re-designing the lower lot. I for one feel that Transformers should be moved up to the upper lot (possibly replacing Animal Actors or Special Effects?) and have the lower lot designated for The Lost World (on its west side) and Super Nintendo World (on its east side).

USH has the chance to make a JW themed area, small but at-least bill it as a land. Once you exit the starway, direct guests to a hub with some shops and restaurants. To the left, JW. To the right, Nintendo. Continuing forward you enter New York that includes Transformers and SLOP OR Fallon.

Holy Smokes! I just saw the night parade that USJ is getting. It's a BEAUTIFUL parade! It reminds a bit of Paint the Night at Disneyland. Imagine getting something like this in the lower lot or even a 2nd gate. It would really take USH to whole another level.

USF need this. I would go with a little more diversity. Potter has 3 major floats with 2 in between fillers that I feel could be replaced with some BTTF, ET, F&F, Kong, HTTYD (how to train your dragon) and some of the cooler Dream Works IP’s. This show looks great but it does lack a little diversity.

Reactions: SOCAL110
USH has the chance to make a JW themed area, small but at-least bill it as a land. Once you exit the starway, direct guests to a hub with some shops and restaurants. To the left, JW. To the right, Nintendo. Continuing forward you enter New York that includes Transformers and SLOP OR Fallon.

Something like this?
  • Blue: Lagoon
  • Jurassic World expansion plot: ~5 acres. E-ticket/restaurant/shops?
  • Nintendo: 11.4 acres. About the size of Cars Land
  • Purple: ~8 acres. New York? If the Starway would need relief for a lower lot of this size, some type of transpo would work on the far right. Fantastic Beasts to Hogsmeade would be unique. If it's too unique, Diagon fits but it's not NY
  • Red: ~6 acres, less than an acre bigger than the current Wizarding World

Attachments

• Lower Lot.jpg
    Lower Lot.jpg
    940.9 KB · Views: 48
Something like this?
  • Blue: Lagoon
  • Jurassic World expansion plot: ~5 acres. E-ticket/restaurant/shops?
  • Nintendo: 11.4 acres. About the size of Cars Land
  • Purple: ~8 acres. New York? If the Starway would need relief for a lower lot of this size, some type of transpo would work on the far right. Fantastic Beasts to Hogsmeade would be unique. If it's too unique, Diagon fits but it's not NY
  • Red: ~6 acres, less than an acre bigger than the current Wizarding World

Yes, but you're overexaggerating the acreage. No way the studio loses that many facilities.