Lower Lot Redesign | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
At this time I don't expect any construction on the SS28 plot until after HHN. They are going to need to use this space for queue from the maze in SS29 because JP will have a huge wall around it. Lower Lot is going to be slammed!

Reactions: BernardMesa
I've been looking at the updates for the Potter Coaster at IoA. Sounds like it will be a really solid ride. I would love to see a coaster similar to that occupy the former CSI stages plot, but have it themed to JW. They can build a giant wall around the attraction to reduce noise pollution. Not to mention, it would be a solid coaster in Mummy's absence.

I've been looking at the updates for the Potter Coaster at IoA. Sounds like it will be a really solid ride. I would love to see a coaster similar to that occupy the former CSI stages plot, but have it themed to JW. They can build a giant wall around the attraction to reduce noise pollution. Not to mention, it would be a solid coaster in Mummy's absence.

Since the Lower Lot doesn't have as much room, I much rather prefer using such SS for SNW than expanding the already-popular franchise in the park.

This is how I would re-design Lower Lot:

The Lost World (West Side of Lower Lot Hub)

• Jurassic World: The Ride
  • Jurassic World: Raging Rivers (spinning ride)
  • Jurassic Outpost (Shopping)
  • Jurassic Park (Playground)
Super Nintendo World (East Side of Lower Lot Hub)

• Super Mario: Spectacular Speedway
  • Donkey Kong: Mining Mayhem
  • Mushroom Market (Shopping)
  • Yoshi's Island (Playground)
  • Peach's Castle (A small stage that includes Meet & Greets and possibly performances right in front of a replica of her castle)
Other Notes

• Animal Actors and Special Effects closes
  • The Transformers Ride re-opened where Special Effects was
  • The Ready Player One Ride opens where Animal Actors was
  • Studio Tour has a new route
I know my list is stupid (I suck at naming rides lol) but it's just for fun anyway, and most likely would never happen

Reactions: Magic-Man

• Peach's Castle (A small stage that includes Meet & Greets and possibly performances right in front of a replica of her castle)
Other Notes

I know my list is stupid (I suck at naming rides lol) but it's just for fun anyway, and most likely would never happen

One thing to say, is that you are confusing where things go, as Special Effects/Animal Actors isn't in the Lower Lot.

And, that if they were to do a ride in that plot, it would be most likely only one attraction, and not a mixture of multiple.

Other Notes

The Yoshi dark ride is missing, and you got a few names mixed up, but a good list nonetheless!

I really love the name of the DK coaster. Mining Mayhem sounds perfect!

One thing to say, is that you are confusing where things go, as Special Effects/Animal Actors isn't in the Lower Lot.

And, that if they were to do a ride in that plot, it would be most likely only one attraction, and not a mixture of multiple.

Sorry. I never really paid attention to the sizes of Special Effects or Animal Actors so I am not really familiar with the sizing. And I am aware they are not in Lower Lot, I said that Transformers would move up to Upper Lot. Sorry if that wasn't very clear lol.

The Yoshi dark ride is missing, and you got a few names mixed up, but a good list nonetheless!

I really love the name of the DK coaster. Mining Mayhem sounds perfect!

Oh! There is going to be a Yoshi dark ride? I didn't see that rumor! It's hard to keep up because rumors are scattered all over. I usually like ride names that are an alliteration, so I was either thinking that or Country Cruisin'. I always disliked Universal's lazy "[Insert movie name here] The Ride" it would be better if they just added "The [insert movie name here] Ride" instead.

Sorry. I never really paid attention to the sizes of Special Effects or Animal Actors so I am not really familiar with the sizing. And I am aware they are not in Lower Lot, I said that Transformers would move up to Upper Lot. Sorry if that wasn't very clear lol.

Oh! There is going to be a Yoshi dark ride? I didn't see that rumor! It's hard to keep up because rumors are scattered all over. I usually like ride names that are an alliteration, so I was either thinking that or Country Cruisin'. I always disliked Universal's lazy "[Insert movie name here] The Ride" it would be better if they just added "The [insert movie name here] Ride" instead.

Transformers would never fit in the Upper Lot there. There simply isn't any room on top of the hill.

- Jurassic World: The Ride
- Raptor Encounter
- Dino Playground
- Existing shop/Restaurant

Pushing out into the CSI soundstages:
- Backlot Tour(relocated from existing land to make way for a new indoor coaster with unique theme... as in, NOT Gringotts)
- Preview Theater (current movie trailers with a nice waiting room showing props and costumes from productions; optional complimentary experience to the tram tour near the exit... could also host events or seasonal shows? Approx 900 seats)
- New shops and restaraunts to make up for the loss of everything else off the Lower Lot (seating areas on a second floor over queues for tram tour)

SS28:
- Universal’s Hall of Monsters (walk-through special effects show with host, similar to Poseidon’s Fury but on a smaller scale, themed to Universal Monsters, with a tilting room finale)

- Transformers (no real change except to overflow queue and facade of the building)
- Accelerator (Transformers-themed Tea Cups, cloned from the Singapore park)
- Some kind of indoor Transformers restaurant with space for the M&G and shop.

- And then, all of Nintendo takes up the Mummy space and beyond

Reactions: Red Carpet
- Jurassic World: The Ride
- Raptor Encounter
- Dino Playground
- Existing shop/Restaurant

Pushing out into the CSI soundstages:
- Backlot Tour(relocated from existing land to make way for a new indoor coaster with unique theme... as in, NOT Gringotts)
- Preview Theater (current movie trailers with a nice waiting room showing props and costumes from productions; optional complimentary experience to the tram tour near the exit... could also host events or seasonal shows? Approx 900 seats)
- New shops and restaraunts to make up for the loss of everything else off the Lower Lot (seating areas on a second floor over queues for tram tour)

SS28:
- Universal’s Hall of Monsters (walk-through special effects show with host, similar to Poseidon’s Fury but on a smaller scale, themed to Universal Monsters, with a tilting room finale)

- Transformers (no real change except to overflow queue and facade of the building)
- Accelerator (Transformers-themed Tea Cups, cloned from the Singapore park)
- Some kind of indoor Transformers restaurant with space for the M&G and shop.

- And then, all of Nintendo takes up the Mummy space and beyond

Why bring a Preview Theater when they already have something like it, with DreamWorks?

I think, I'd be shocked if we saw a studio presence for the LL expansion, but *shrug*.

As for Classic Monsters, look to what's coming for HHN this year for Hollywood.

Last edited:
Reactions: chris.g
Why bring a Preview Theater when they already have something like it, with DreamWorks?

I think, I'd be shocked if we saw a studio presence for the LL expansion, but *shrug*.

As for Classic Monsters, look to what's coming for HHN this year for Hollywood.

I considered a new indoor coaster across the path from Mummy, but I think that’s not what the LL needs right now. It’s also somewhat small, and I wouldn’t want to box-in the Lower Lot (just in case they go to expand in the future toward the front of the Studio). Plus, it would balance out new rides (JW>Globe>Existing Tram Space).

As for the preview theater, the idea that it could be built for trailers, but possibly hold a full-blown live show one day. That would be a nice get. Maybe it could be big enough for Grinchmas? (Admittedly, I’m only familiar with the Orlando version).

If Jurassic World is 2019, and a SLOP/Globe replacement is on the way for 2020, a relocated Tram Tour (new host segments/tour animation? Maybe Mortal Engines if that’s a hit.... swallowed by a city) and Monster Ride/Walk-thru additions are a nice fit for 2021. Then you’d have Nintendo and a new indoor Coaster to look forward to in the future (plus the Teacups/expanded NEST Base, which would probably go into the space on the right of Transformers).

I considered a new indoor coaster across the path from Mummy, but I think that’s not what the LL needs right now. It’s also somewhat small, and I wouldn’t want to box-in the Lower Lot (just in case they go to expand in the future toward the front of the Studio). Plus, it would balance out new rides (JW>Globe>Existing Tram Space).

As for the preview theater, the idea that it could be built for trailers, but possibly hold a full-blown live show one day. That would be a nice get. Maybe it could be big enough for Grinchmas? (Admittedly, I’m only familiar with the Orlando version).

If Jurassic World is 2019, and a SLOP/Globe replacement is on the way for 2020, a relocated Tram Tour (new host segments/tour animation? Maybe Mortal Engines if that’s a hit.... swallowed by a city) and Monster Ride/Walk-thru additions are a nice fit for 2021. Then you’d have Nintendo and a new indoor Coaster to look forward to in the future (plus the Teacups/expanded NEST Base, which would probably go into the space on the right of Transformers).

I think, considering Universal Creative, they will put what they find to be the best for growth, and to ensure that they can withhold the capacity and crowds that will come to Nintendo.

Something like relocating the Studio Tour, putting a Preview Center, and having a Poseidons Fury-esque show, would NOT help IMHO.

Reactions: alias8703
I think, considering Universal Creative, they will put what they find to be the best for growth, and to ensure that they can withhold the capacity and crowds that will come to Nintendo.

Something like relocating the Studio Tour, putting a Preview Center, and having a Poseidons Fury-esque show, would NOT help IMHO.

also, calling it now: Mortal Engines is a certified flop.