Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster

Many people have now mentioned the heat in the Queue is a major issue. Softs are meant to highlight such issues...is this something that's fixable quickly? Will a few fans sort it out or does it need to be fully enclosed and air conned?
The last time I went on this there wasn't enough fans and they were no where near powerful enough. They don't have misters either, which makes it way worse. I imagine adding more powerful fans with misters would fix it easily.

Many people have now mentioned the heat in the Queue is a major issue. Softs are meant to highlight such issues...is this something that's fixable quickly? Will a few fans sort it out or does it need to be fully enclosed and air conned?

Wild that Hulk is fixing its oversight 17 years later and now we have Mako creating the same issue for themselves.

BTW, who in hell is Guy Harvey?

I know it's some sort of industry/media gala scheduled tomorrow night. Makes sense they have the media day during the day when it's daylight for camera crews.

I know it's some sort of industry/media gala scheduled tomorrow night. Makes sense they have the media day during the day when it's daylight for camera crews.

Yeah, it's a combo night. :lol:

Give Kids the World will be there, as well as the Passholder Event for Mako.

Wild that Hulk is fixing its oversight 17 years later and now we have Mako creating the same issue for themselves.

BTW, who in hell is Guy Harvey?

I've been wondering the same thing, I do know he painted a nice mural but beyond that :shrug:

Is he the guy that paints whales on the side of buildings? Oh dear dear dear...
I think you're thinking of Wyland: Wyland Marine Life Artist

Guy Harvey seems to be a big deal here in Florida. He has lines of clothes and stuff. They even had a Guy Harvey scratch off game from the Florida Lottery. I had no idea who he was, but now I know I see his stuff everywhere. People have the Guy Harvey signature as a decal on their pickup trucks and stuff.
The Guy Harvey products for SeaWorld are in a bunch of shops at SeaWorld now.

Guy Harvey Shirts, Hats and Apparel

Last edited:
He does a lot of sport fishing paintings and shirts, so he became famous with South Florida teens and just expanded with dolphins, sharks, turtles, and the like which were agreeable with nonfishing people. Plus he does conservation work, so he seems like a nice "Guy".

Is he the guy that paints whales on the side of buildings? Oh dear dear dear...
Is he a pretty big deal over there? I noticed quite a lot of excitement on twitter about him.
I have no idea really, I often see shirts of his, so he is like the Ed Hardy brand of nautical stuff. In all honesty, though I already knew of him, I always thought of him as a brand, not as an artist. The mural he did looks nice. Is it art or just something painted, that is a whole another question lol

I think you're thinking of Wyland: Wyland Marine Life Artist

Guy Harvey seems to be a big deal here in Florida. He has lines of clothes and stuff. They even had a Guy Harvey scratch off game from the Florida Lottery. I had no idea who he was, but now I know I see his stuff everywhere. People have the Guy Harvey signature as a decal on their pickup trucks and stuff.
The Guy Harvey products for SeaWorld are in a bunch of shops at SeaWorld now.

Guy Harvey Shirts, Hats and Apparel

That is how I came to know of him lol, shirts. Guy Harvey and Salt Life.

When I was a kid on the Jersey shore it was Ocean Pacific and our local surf brand Brave New World. There's always some artist or company that makes the shirt that everyone wears at the shore.

Rode Mako on Saturday. Definitely one of my favorite hypercoasters as well as one of my favorite coasters in general (definitely a favorite in the state of Florida)! The airtime was phenomenal, especially in the back row, and the ride is so smooth! I give it an A! It's so awesome to finally see a traditional airtime machine in the Sunshine State, especially one close to where I live!

Also now that I live in the Orlando area, I'm finally able to attend soft openings without trouble. Mako ended up becoming the first soft opening I've attended! :clap: It was such a great experience riding an attraction before the grand opening and hopefully I manage to get another experience like that (maybe with Skull Island?)!

There are misters on the fans. They weren't on though when I was there (I could see the circular ring and the black water hose on top)

It looks like more fans have been installed since soft opening. Also, there will be mist in the fans, but it's not installed on all the fans yet.