Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster

Honestly, this was not SeaWorld's answer to the D23 announcements, just timed for National Roller Coaster Day. They know they'll never beat Disney, but they do want to compete for the market.

With the addition of Mako, SeaWorld really moves up for coaster fans with 3 top notch coasters now. It will play well with the locals who are a big part of SeaWorld's core audience as well as the internationals.

Track for Mako is underway, according to seaworld's facebook there might be more news later today.

11218474_10154076788137565_6345252421182822326_n.jpg

Honestly, this was not SeaWorld's answer to the D23 announcements, just timed for National Roller Coaster Day. They know they'll never beat Disney, but they do want to compete for the market.

With the addition of Mako, SeaWorld really moves up for coaster fans with 3 top notch coasters now. It will play well with the locals who are a big part of SeaWorld's core audience as well as the internationals.

They'll focus on a kid friendly area next time, either redo the existing stuff or a new area that will make the old area expendable. Will like to hear the vision for the future this fall. Don't forget the orca tank redo, that's an attraction as it landscapes and themes the tank area adding more aquarium aspects to it overall as well.

Last edited:
Should of ponied up for a giga.. Just saying...

Kong, Hulk, Frozen, Disney Springs, Soarin, and advertising for Star Tours 3.0 with the new movie wrapping up its theater run just prior. Thats some SERIOUS competition for the park building a ride you can check out at your local Six Flags. Still gonna be a fun ride and amazing experience but I just wonder if it will be enough to bring in the people.
I have a feeling Busch Gardens will be the park that gets a giga...they've got way more space for it. Maybe for the parks 60th anniversary in 2019...

I wasn't a big fan of the colors when I saw the animation, but in real life they look really nice! Shame that with all the other stuff going on in the theme parks that Mako is over-shadowed a bit. A B&M hyper coaster is something we've wanted here in Florida for years! Never got the hype or rave reviews until I rode Diamondback in 2013.

They'll focus on a kid friendly area next time, either redo the existing stuff or a new area that will make the old area expendable. Will like to hear the vision for the future this fall. Don't forget the orca tank redo, that's an attraction as it landscapes and themes the tank area adding more aquarium aspects to it overall as well.

If Cobra's Curse is a success, maybe something similar to that will come in a few years.

If they could just pull one of those pieces up to my driveway, that'd be great. I'm sure they won't noticed it missing. :look:

:agree: Me too, I can't wait to finally ride a Cedar Fair level coaster in Orlando FL. Colors are great, maybe a bit worry about the purple fading faster than other colors but I'll care about in 3 years from now... until then, It's so pretty!!!:dance: