Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
[QUOTE
I agree, the simplicity of it is cool and since a lot of people seem thrilled about this ride, I find they made the best choice. Also, the probably did not want to spend that much money ... so basically this is Seaworld being cheap and yet we get something that will be amazing.
with the size of the ride, length of the track, and all the additional themeing I'm sure this coaster is going to cost them somewhere between $25-$30 million.

[QUOTE

with the size of the ride, length of the track, and all the additional themeing I'm sure this coaster is going to cost them somewhere between $25-$30 million.
$30M is cheap for an E Ticket. But they are themeing a whole mini-land and redoing the Shark Exhibit and restaurant. This is going to be $100M expansion.

$30M is cheap for an E Ticket. But they are themeing a whole mini-land and redoing the Shark Exhibit and restaurant. This is going to be $100M expansion.
Wow...so they're actually spending Antarctica sized money on this project? That's crazy...but good news. (A shame more wasnt put into making Antarctica a longer ride.)

I don't know about that, this is fairly straightforward and doesn't have the track bends of inversions or fancy trains or other features like the dive or launch that really make B&Ms expensive.

That highly themed new dive B&M is supposedly around 20 million and their launched Wingrider at HolidayWorld was 22 million. If SeaWorld was shelling out what you suggest then the queue would be much more than advertised because I was under the impression that they we not touch the existing shark encounters much but just reworking the area a bit to tie it all in. Did I miss the announcement of more substance al 2 work cause at least 80 million maybe more besides the coaster is huge.

Last edited:
Aquarium environments are spensive...I'm surprised Sea World is even theming this thing

I will not be surprised if things get cut

Don't expect Shark Encounter except the entry plaza area to be touched during this process. Shark Encounter will become part of the "New" Land and thats about it. Biggest thing they may do is update the building exterior to match the new ship wreck type feel or more realistically the color scheme but even then I think thats a huge push. Gotta remember SWO is doing this cause well they have too and can't afford to break the bank per say.

Also FWIW in terms of budget B&M's cost more than Intamin cause lets face it you get what you pay for :lol: But seriously Busch Gardens and SeaWorld usually set there coaster budgets in the neighborhood of 20-30 Million dollars for the attraction including theming. Manta to date is the chains most expensive coaster attraction which I believe was north of 40 million. If I had to guess I'd say the Mako budget is somewhere between 28-30 Million bucks buts that shot in the dark per say.

Reactions: anihilnation
No way in hell SeaWorld spends $100 million on this expansion; they simply don't have that kind of money. $40 million, sure...but not $100 mil. That's what they're spending on each of the Blue World tanks at their parks (and is a major reason why it's taking them so long to get them open). Considering the size of Mako, they'll spend $20-$25 mil on the actual ride and another $10-$20 million on the new "land" they're creating around it. Fury 325 was a $35 million investment and it's 125' taller and almost 2000' longer than Mako.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
Mako has started construction!

11406192_1611012292508038_1550438407572589896_o.jpg

Reactions: Brian G.
You know how the said a surprise at the end of the ride. I have the perfect idea. Drop Track. Think about how crazy that will be. A full Band M train doing a drop track. I don't find it very likely and could make this ride go from cool to great. IDK I just wish that would happen but it probably wont.

You know how the said a surprise at the end of the ride. I have the perfect idea. Drop Track. Think about how crazy that will be. A full Band M train doing a drop track. I don't find it very likely and could make this ride go from cool to great. IDK I just wish that would happen but it probably wont.
B&M has no drop track in their portfolio. Zierer did the BGW one, Gerstlauer does them, and Mack may have plans and can build one.

B&M has no drop track in their portfolio. Zierer did the BGW one, Gerstlauer does them, and Mack may have plans and can build one.
I know that. I was just saying some cool effects that could happen. BandM might have something special that could be totally different from anything we have ever seen before.

I want t
I know that. I was just saying some cool effects that could happen. BandM might have something special that could be totally different from anything we have ever seen before.
I want to correct myself. I thought Thirteen at Alton was a Gerstlauer, it's an Intimin. Was convinced because the ride outside of the drop really reminded me of Firechaser Express at Dollywood, which is a Gerstlauer. Two companies have drop tracks out there, Zierer and Intamin with 5 total in existence at this point.

BTW, Manby at Herchend did not do business with Intamin nor Vekoma.

If I'm interpreting this right it looks like the queue will see no live sharks and is almost all outdoors. Someone else please interpret it because I'm hoping I'm wrong.