Manta | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Manta

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
oops, sorry, maybe I should invest in a calendar, ha ha. I just worked 21 of the last 24 hours thanks to inventory so I'm a little out of it. We are actually going this coming Thursday, sorry!!

Wow, the splash actually looks exactly like the concept art! That's awesome! This ride definitely looks like a winner. Tatsu finally has a worthy competitor. :)

We'll return the favor to Screamscape...

In other Manta news, the park has announced that they will hold early morning exclusive ride time (ERT) for regular passholders between 8am and 9am starting May 26th through June 30th. The ERT sessions do not apply to “Fun Card” holders however.

Manta Madness Party coverage and a detailed look at Manta now that it has soft opened.

You got me halfway in one of your pictures from Manta Madness. Just out of curiosity, what time did they give out the shirts? I think I left about quarter to 9, and I missed getting one... :mad:

Yeah, it was right before 9. Right after they took the picture of all of the guests, they said "It's 9pm. Thanks for coming, good night!"

on some of the photos and the vidoes i saw i did noticed how the splash sometimes wasn't in sync with the coaster anybody know why besides soft opening

Wow, the splash actually looks exactly like the concept art! That's awesome! This ride definitely looks like a winner. Tatsu finally has a worthy competitor. :)

I'll save my judgment until I can afford Sea World. Tatsu is still by far my favorite flying coaster.

on some of the photos and the vidoes i saw i did noticed how the splash sometimes wasn't in sync with the coaster anybody know why besides soft opening

That is the reason. They're tweaking it so it can be as close to perfect as possible.

Man i wish i could just go there right now! So if the ride is comparable to superman in six flags over georgia, it really should be magnificent!

Well, unfortunately I didn't make it out to ride today due to some fun at a car dealership, but looks like I'll be there Monday afternoon. If anyone wants to meet up let me know!

Sorry for the double post. So we finally made it out to ride MANTA today! This is a great ride, really fun and a lot more intense than I expected it to be I must admit. My 7 year old, who barely cleared the height, 54", also loved it and wanted to ride it over and over!

The wait time when we were there was only 10 minutes and it was also that way when we left the park a few hours later. They had three trains running and were very efficient at the loading/unloading process. If you are local though I'd get out there and ride it now because this is going to have huge lines come peak season.

The queue is beautiful, great theming and the aquariums are great. I don't think it was the full 300 rays yet but there were certainly a lot of them. They also had a couple sharks and a bunch of other tropical looking fish. Didn't see the octopus yet though. The aquarium side for non-riders is still not open, just a sign saying "aquarium opening soon."

We didn't get to choose where on the train we rode but we ended up in the third seat back. The view was amazing, I honestly didn't notice the other people's feet in front of me, there is a good amount of space between the two rows. Going up the hill is crazy scary, you just look straight down at the ground! The loops are intense too, half the time I didn't know which way was up or what the hell was happening. The water effect is neat but didn't excite me all that much. This ride is a fantastic addition to Sea World and to the parks in Orlando and I have got to applaud Sea World on this one, they have definitely upped the ante on the thrill ride game around here.

Hopefully we're gonna go back this weekend and do it again! The camera is on the fritz so I didn't get any pictures, but honestly I don't know what I could take pictures of that hasn't already been on here and everywhere else anyways.

Hey, is anyone else going to be there tomorrow? I am thinking about going, but the thought of spending the day at SW by myself sounds kinda boring.

Courtesy of SeaWorld

Surrounded.jpg